user profile
Sign in
user profile

Losing my life savings due Amazon FBA business.

by Seller_MVKlnJXUTVE2L

Helplessly losing my life savings in FBA business please who can help me? I am paining to the core! No sales i invested well over $27k and so far i am having no sales despite having done everything i was advised to do to get sales (brand registered, A+ content, top-notch pictures, each product having +28 stars with the star ratings at 4.7, all the keywords are on top) but i am only able to sell one product after every 10 days! Please anybody to help me? I am in deep pains, i am spending on PPC but not getting any sales! spending thousands of dollars every month but not able to make even 5 sales every month and mind you, my most expensive product costs only $39. Where did i go wrong Amazon? My life savings are all gone. I even enrolled in the vine program and got very excellent vine reviews. My sales haven't budged! I have done everything under the sun! I am at my wits end.

Tags: Amazon business
83 replies
83 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_HjfyVYcuJdbTf
In reply to: Seller_MVKlnJXUTVE2L's post

Can you include a link to your item(s)?

You have supply, but do you have demand? Is your item desirable at the price you have set? How are they compared to similar products?

Is your item something someone would search for or is it a new concept (if so, maybe get Influencers to spotlight your product).

Are you showing up high in the search results when a typical search term is entered?

Hopefully you get more responses from other sellers on why you're having a slow start.

user profile
Seller_rI7BZIczK8iAC

Maybe too much competition? If you sell phone cases or supplements (for example) the competition is gigantic and the customers are overwhelmed. Maybe no demand? It's not easy to say where is the fault. In any case it was a fault to invest $27k for ONE product without knowing if it will sell.

Certainly you cannot continue to loose money. On your place I would create a removal order for a big quantity in order to save at least on storage fees. Then dump the price, sell out, take the loss and make a better market research for your next product.

user profile
Seller_Ha6JyVvDK6Ybs

Don't forget about the PTSD Amazon gave you!

user profile
Seller_LVZcgxAgZ2xBv

I found your item. It's not the cheapest, (others are <$30), it's not differentiated, and competitors in this category have hundreds or thousands of reviews, while you have 29.

I would work on anything that can set your device apart - for instance, adding some bonus item , or even changing the color (everyone else is black or white).

user profile
Seller_L4mc9uax2MoSW

It stinks, but you are going to have to sell at a lower price point to gain some sales velocity and have the algo recognize your product as relevent to KWs. Also lower your PPC spend and bids, and only bid to the most important/efficient KWs. Selling at a small loss is better than not selling at all and getting 0 return on capital. If you cant obtain a higher organic rank from undercutting your competitors, then the niche is too competitive and dont restock your inventory after selling out. Its just business, take the emotions out. Sometimes businesses lose money. You must make the best out of a bad situation, unfortunately.

user profile
Seller_6eTrruFFdq3Gg

Drive traffic to your store on social media platforms. Especially shoot TikTok videos, get interaction, promote your products with reels videos on Instagram and add the store link to social media. If you have a little more budget, work with an influencer or offer cooperation to pages with high followers.

user profile
Seller_WGHPuK1SLML2g

did you use helium 10 for keyword research ?? , and also check the competition ? Im on the same boat as you , i ended dropping the price to where a sale covers the ad spend i i just loose all my inventory money and not extra. If you find a solution let us know

user profile
Seller_Etedb4FUvUJhq

Yeah, just creating a listing doesn't guarantee sales, as much as those BS online courses will have you believe. Just because you are brand registered doesn't mean anything, if you aren't selling something you hold a patent or the IP for. Especially in the tech space its very capital intensive and low margins. Like less than 10%, and all the guys making money Arte doing so based on huge volume. Lower your prices to break even, at least until the ranking of your listing improves. Then slowly go back up and find out what cost the market will bear. But obviously right now you are pricing yourself out of sales.

user profile
Seller_D0VEe0ela1AKl

Hello friend,

There are a lot of folks, myself included, that are feeling bad for you and have offered some good advice. I have reviewed your store and your listings and all I can say is that despite all you have done, and most of what you did are good steps to launch product(s)/brand on Amazon, but what you have done is no different than what anyone else can do and there are definitely no shortage of charging stations on Amazon, or factories in Asia making millions of them, then selling them to folks like yourself.

It is important to understand the market into which you are selling and determine if you have built a better product. Then have a plan how you will market that improvement and ultimately disrupt the top players. Perhaps there are aspects in your design that are differentiators -- focus on that and speak genuinely to customers how they will benefit from these features. Possibly even call out inferior designs and how you have overcame their products' shortcomings.

You mention seeing other listings in this space with high amount of sales reported in the search results. That shouldn't be considered an invitation to enter that space or that you will have similar success. Amazon will continue to focus on the product/brands it knows will sell, and even with an infinite ad-spend you will fall short unless you have something that can compete, whether than can be on design/features or price. Then bear in mind that there are hundreds of others trying to do the same.

Ultimately, I believe you got caught up in the lure of selling on Amazon and making a decent living doing so. While there are folks who have made money on Amazon, there are countless folks, like yourself, who have lost money. Advice I give folks, in addition to having a product ready to disrupt the establishment, is to set the expectation that it make take a year or two to turn a profit. Heck, Amazon didn't turn a profit itself until 9-years after it started. ;-)

Best of luck and I hope you are able to turn things around.

user profile
Seller_9e0aMxU4qS2gx

this plan would have worked 1000x's better 6 or 8 years ago.. I feel your just to late to the Buffet and only scraps left

Go to original post