Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_c5onUBjz4IwX1

HP Brand laptop require Transparency code

Amazon team emailed me that HP ASIN needs Transparency code.

I checked the laptop box itself, I can only see the S/N

No Transparency code. Can anyone advise on this?

3 replies
Tags:ASIN, Listing deactivated
0 replies
user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

Are you authorized by HP to sell HP branded products on Amazon?

If not, (which I'm guessing is the case) just stop. Sell it elsewhere. Attempting to sell it here is a quick ticket to getting your account deactivated.

user profile
Seller_vSOOwekJLU6c0

Transparency is a service that brands opt for. The general term is called "mass serialization".

The brand is free to add transparency codes post production. Therefore, HP can have lots of laptops in inventory, and add the transparency codes from their warehouse. (In the form of stickers)

If you are a brand and you enroll in transparency, you are "required" to label all of your inventory. But no one follows the rules like that. They just label the units they send to Amazon...forcing you to not have access to the transparency codes and making you not able to sell HP laptops.

user profile
Blake_Amazon

Hey @Seller_c5onUBjz4IwX1, as others on the thread have mentioned, Transparency is a program intended to protect customers from receiving counterfeit products. You can find more info in this video. Can you confirm whether you have a Letter of Authorization from HP to sell their brand?

-Blake

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_c5onUBjz4IwX1

3 replies
user profile

by Seller_c5onUBjz4IwX1

3 replies
0 replies
0 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

If not, (which I'm guessing is the case) just stop. Sell it elsewhere. Attempting to sell it here is a quick ticket to getting your account deactivated.

user profile
Seller_vSOOwekJLU6c0

Transparency is a service that brands opt for. The general term is called "mass serialization".

The brand is free to add transparency codes post production. Therefore, HP can have lots of laptops in inventory, and add the transparency codes from their warehouse. (In the form of stickers)

If you are a brand and you enroll in transparency, you are "required" to label all of your inventory. But no one follows the rules like that. They just label the units they send to Amazon...forcing you to not have access to the transparency codes and making you not able to sell HP laptops.

user profile
Blake_Amazon

Hey @Seller_c5onUBjz4IwX1, as others on the thread have mentioned, Transparency is a program intended to protect customers from receiving counterfeit products. You can find more info in this video. Can you confirm whether you have a Letter of Authorization from HP to sell their brand?

-Blake

user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

user profile
Seller_vSOOwekJLU6c0

user profile
Seller_vSOOwekJLU6c0

user profile
Blake_Amazon

-Blake

user profile
Blake_Amazon

-Blake