user profile
Sign in
user profile

USPS Ground Advantage is coming soon to Amazon Buy Shipping

by News_Amazon

This month, the United States Postal Service (USPS) launched a new domestic shipping service called USPS Ground Advantage, and we’re working to bring this service to you with Amazon Buy Shipping.

This service consolidates the current First-Class package service, Parcel Select ground, and Parcel Select Cubic shipping methods.

Once enabled, USPS Ground Advantage will offer the following shipping methods:

• USPS Ground Advantage Light: For packages that weigh less than 1 lb
  • USPS Ground Advantage Heavy: For packages that weigh 1 lb to 70 lb
  • USPS Ground Advantage Cubic: Cubic prices based on package size and distance rather than weight

USPS has updated its shipping service prices with the USPS Ground Advantage launch. These new prices have been replicated in Buy Shipping and will remain in place.

When the new shipping methods are launched, you can buy labels through Amazon Buy Shipping and your existing shipping methods will update automatically to the equivalent USPS Ground Advantage shipping method.

In the meantime, you can continue to use the existing USPS shipping services for your orders. We’ll share more information on the launch date and any actions to take when we enable the new shipping methods.

To learn more, go to USPS Ground Advantage.

Tags: News and Announcements
4.3K views
115 replies
115 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_4K7eqIN4GuF2E
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

A day late and a dollar short. This took effect on July 9 across all platforms - except Amazon which is too busy figuring out how to get rid of 3P sellers.

user profile
Seller_OChH0VD9utdxq

All the other platforms had this ready to go day one. Our Shipstation account was ready to go immediately, and a similar letter went out a month earlier. Why is it taking Amazon so long?

user profile
Seller_bgmcNFSQ8G693

EDIT: Figured out the issue, keeping portion of original post to help others

FOR THOSE USING OTHER SOFTWARE TO SHIP THAT IS NOT BUY SHIPPING:

Ground Advantage was displaying twice in our shipping software (not buy shipping)

-The first Ground Advantage was the First Class option

-The second Ground Advantage was for Parcel Post

-However they both displayed as the exact same shipping method (and price) in our software, so the shippers were selecting either or. There was no heavy vs light weight indication, both exact same verbiage

Looks like we had several that were shipped Ground Advantage, but the parcel post option (heavy weight) instead of FC (lightweight).

So just be aware that there are TWO options for Ground Advantage. (Under a pound) So be on the look out when Buy Shipping is updated so you do not make the same mistake.

Original Post:

How will this affect shipping delivery times? With Ground Advantage, delivery times are longer than First Class

For example we are out in the West, had a shipment going to the East. It took 8 days July 10th - July 18th.

user profile
Seller_u3ulvhXpfX7Wt

This should have been ready to go on July 9.

Why were Media Mail rates increased 2 days before July 9 and we were not refunded?

Like another user said, day late and a dollar short.

user profile
Seller_iIAAeECQKsbAe

The notice indicates "you can continue to use the existing USPS shipping services for your orders" but this is not true as the USPS in my region is refusing to accept any First Class packages. They are rejecting all package with a First Class label printed from Amazon.

user profile
Seller_EkbLZUYSpmJEy

user profile
News_Amazon
View post
USPS Ground Advantage Cubic: A dimension-based shipping method for packages that exceed 70 lb
This post has been updated by its author since it was quoted here.

Actually designed for packages under 70lb not exceeding 70lb.

The Basics of USPS Ground Advantage

• This domestic shipping service will be used for packages traveling via ground that weigh up to 70 lbs and measure up to 130 inches in combined length plus girth. Delivery times for this service can be between 2-5 business days.

Parcels exceeding one cubic foot are charged on the actual weight or the dimensional weight, whichever is greater.

• IMpb Noncompliant Fee or eVS Unmanifested Fee = 0.25
  • Dimension Noncompliance Fee = 1.50
  • Nonstandard Length fee > 22"<=30" = 4.00
  • Nonstandard Length fee > 30" = 7.00
  • Nonstandard Volume fee > 2 cu. ft. =15.00

Mods Attention

@KJ_Amazon @Danika_Amazon @Cooper_Amazon ... might want to let the appropriate team know and have this info corrected.

user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

user profile
Seller_bgmcNFSQ8G693
View post
Transit time is marked "Managed by Amazon".

You could always turn off the Amazon Automated Shipping, and set it for where you (the business owner) thinks it should be. Many people have reported numerous problems with the Automated Service.

I would not want to bet on it adjust shipping times soon enough to keep you out of trouble.

user profile
Seller_EkbLZUYSpmJEy

user profile
Seller_bgmcNFSQ8G693
View post

How will this affect shipping delivery times? With Ground Advantage, delivery times are longer than First Class

For example we are out in the West, had a shipment going to the East. It took 8 days July 10th - July 18th.

This post has been updated by its author since it was quoted here.

There are no changes to packages under 15.99oz when going from First Class Package to Ground Advantage.

• The pricing is the same
  • The USPS estimated delivery times are the same ... within 2 to 5 days

As far as Amazon Buy Shipping estimated date of delivery ... if you have a Professional account and do not have Automated Shipping turned on, then you can control the shipping transit time estimates in your shipping templates.

With that being said, it has been noted that Amazon Buy Shipping estimated delivery dates have been erratic and not in sync with USPS estimated delivery dates across all USPS services. This issue appeared to start sometime around Memorial Day.

user profile
Seller_gXdkfq2tpKhdF

Now if Amazon would also use USPS in FBA so those of us that have bulky but light weight items (under 1 lb) I would switch back to FBA. Cant use FBA any longer because of it.

user profile
Seller_3jKXhYyd3shI1

I will ditto the comment "day late and a dollar short." Yes, EVERYONE else was ready for this change except Amazon! Shameful, considering the fees we pay them.

Point two: Also, as others have said, my PO will not take Parcel Select or First Class parcels. The Parcel Select prices are higher than Ground Advantage, too. So, I have been shipping via stamps. Of course, I've now gotten my first INR A-Z claim. I wrote to Amazon about not being able to use Buy Shipping. I'm guessing that's not going to help my outcome, but it would be nice.

Go to original post