user profile
Sign in
user profile

Instant replacements are available for seller-fulfilled returns

by News_Amazon

Starting on February 12, 2024, buyers will be able to request an instant replacement for items sent using the Prepaid return label program.

If buyers receive an item that is damaged, defective, or different from what they ordered, they may be able to select a free, instant replacement during the returns process.

Buyers are required to return the original item within 30 days of receiving the replacement. If they don’t, you’ll be eligible for an automatic reimbursement.

If the buyer returns an original item that was used, damaged, or different from what was sent to the buyer, then you can go to Manage SAFE-T Claims to file a claim for reimbursement.

With this change, buyers will have a consistent process for returning products across all our fulfillment options.

To learn more, go to Replacements for seller-fulfilled returns.

Tags: News and Announcements
2.6K views
167 replies
167 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_OvL8C4BJWiuS9
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Why can't Amazon just let us handle our own return/replacement requests. It does not help when Amazon steps in and takes over.

user profile
Seller_QjYfjZwWH8D0l

I'm sure this will end well, given the huge inconsistencies in how Amazon adjudicates SAFE-T claims.

user profile
Seller_z1JDNz6de1lqc

So this is the reason all these people are all of a sudden wanting replacements! We do not offer any replacements and we will not ship items to these customers again after this we will cancel every one of their orders as we know how we ship there is absolutely nothing wrong with the items we send and has not been an issue until AMAZON just created this debacle! FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL!

user profile
Seller_qbguTMXRgee9K

Can you please make an opt-out option for this. Many "damage" or "defective" returns can be fixed by giving the customer information on how to use or correctly assemble the item. With this you are completely skipping any chance of correcting the issue prior to a return/replacement and just going straight to a replacement on something that was likely just assembled wrong.

user profile
Seller_xeDdQgRH5VZwO

And I will continue to cancel any replacements that come in.

user profile
Seller_Ha6JyVvDK6Ybs

You aint getting any replacement from me will not happen I do not support this in any way maybe Amazon need to element all sellers and see how long they can stay in business with just them funding these stupid decisions!

user profile
Seller_z1JDNz6de1lqc

Also this is affecting ODR right? Giving this option making customer think if I click this I get FREE replacement buy saying Damaged or Defective truly great job you nave fail to amaze sellers it is almost like you have a think tank that does nothing but think of was to make it miserable to sell on Amazon at the same time giving every seller PTSD by the stress you cause them. Also is there a limit or can customers request multiple times just to never be satisfied. All this just makes me appreciate the actual brick and mortar stores more you see way less returns in person. I want the No Return Option or Make Customers provide images of shipping box item and actual issue going through fighting with bots and vetting if is is legit claim or not because most gripes are an uneducated customers who does not know what they are buying and in their mind are expectation is something other than what was offered. And for PRIME dont send items until original order is scanned coming back we had an item whch stopped working did a replacement then realized it was bad connect and went to cancel the replacement and you had already shipped which makes one seem it is just so you can charge more fees to the seller total wasteful.

user profile
Seller_kPYn2eaKfbniK

This is absolutely awful. So now when someone wants a replacement, you have to wait for them to return the item (up to 30 days) and if they dont, you have to go through safe-t. So now orders will take up to 30+ days to clear? This is by far one of the biggest fails amazon could do. This is 100% a push for more FBA, along with their "low inventory charge" BS recently. I get trying to appease to customers, but this is going way too far. Hopefully customers wont even notice this.

user profile
Seller_sNV1PKy8P9iGF

Why does Amazon keep inventing ways for us sellers to be used and abused.. We will be out the product for a month and a half while wait for Amazon to reimburse us ? This put twice the work on us to sell an item on here. Reship, track and wait to probably have to file a safety claim? Who dreams this up ?

user profile
Seller_Ha6JyVvDK6Ybs

Wouldn't just going BOGO be easier just rip the bandaid off and pour salt on us. I think I will buy some Amazon stock I see this driving profits up for the next quarter........................................................................................

SIMPLE FACT AMAZON IS A PLATFORM THAT MAKES MONEY ON TRANSACTIONS, AND THIS CREATES MORE TRANSACTIONS!

Oh the good ol days when it was you break it you buy it. Now you break it "It Musta Been Defective" or return shipping nah "Ooops Well Its Damaged now"....

Go to original post