user profile
Sign in
user profile

Ask Amazon: Seller Fulfilled Prime

by Blake_Amazon

Hello Sellers,

Welcome to our Ask Amazon focused on Seller Fulfilled Prime. New seller enrollment for Seller Fulfilled Prime has reopened and the program fee has been removed. To enroll in Seller Fulfilled Prime, you must first pre-qualify for the Seller Fulfilled Prime trial. Then, you must pass the trial by participating for 30 days while meeting all of the trial requirements.

For more information, go to this News post.

This thread will be open today, 10/24 until 5 PM PST. You can post any questions you have as a reply, although we ask you to keep it to one question per reply. If a question that you have has already been posted, give it an upvote and we’ll make sure to prioritize the most popular questions first. We have moderators closely watching this thread throughout the day, and they may merge posts with similar questions so we can answer them all in one place. In the meantime, our Seller Fulfilled Prime team is reviewing your questions and we’ll respond to them by 5 PM PST tomorrow (10/25).

We are working to provide you with the best Seller Forums experience as possible. We welcome all feedback surrounding Ask Amazons so that we can continue to improve your experience.

Note: We cannot provide legal advice or otherwise interpret regulatory requirements on situations that are specific to individual sellers.

Tags: Ask Amazon, Events
114 replies
114 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_XB0lFaTWAgMqj
In reply to: Blake_Amazon's post

Happy to see you're still around @Blake_Amazon. Thank you for the update, this is very interesting news. I missed the original notice from 2(ish) weeks ago so I appreciate you making this post so easy to find.

Will certainly be looking into this program.

user profile
Seller_0ynqnoAm8ac54

post.yes sure I will start soon

user profile
Cooper_Amazon

Very excited for this Ask Amazon! Just 3 more days away! 🎉 ~ Cooper_Amazon

user profile
Seller_ct5fWzhix338P

@Blake_Amazon There are two outstanding questions we are not sure how to answer in regard to the new SFP metric requirements implemented in October.

1. Currently we ship 6 days a week. We see a consistent dip in our page view metrics on and around Sunday because it is NOT a ship day for us. This greatly affects our page view metrics. We realize the solution is to ship 7 days a week but there is one major hurdle, none of the major carriers do pick up or ship on Sundays. We have asked FedEx, UPS, and USPS none of them will do it. We are meeting Amazon's requirement to ship 6 days a week but now that Sunday is being factored in it is impossible for us to meet the new requirements. What are the proposed solutions if the carriers don't offer Sunday pickup?

2. We have noticed that our page views have been under the required values for the last 2 weeks. We feel like the dashboard has been accurate for the last two weeks and wonder when we will start seeing warnings come to our account. We can't meet the requirement because of the issue posed in question 1.

user profile
Seller_OYkRAoYEWNAOm

will this be available for amazon canada aswell and how do i enroll ?

user profile
Seller_KVROLiNGCW7LO

It has not been financially feasible for me to ship my product except via FBA or MCF. Am I entitled to have the "Shop with Prime" if I only use MCF instead of shipping the product myself?

user profile
Seller_KTqTsOaEk9w9z

The on-time delivery metric penalizes SFP sellers for orders that are delivered late, even if the order is shipped on time using a shipping method that should get the order to the customer on time. Why penalize a seller if a shipping carrier doesn't meet their delivery promise? How exactly is an SFP seller supposed to rectify late deliveries by shipping carriers?

user profile
Seller_CCvnIxjpEJMlx

I clicked on the trial button, and it said I dont pre qualify. As far as I can tell, I exceed all criteria

user profile
Seller_KTqTsOaEk9w9z

The delivery speed metric seems to disadvantage SFP sellers who ship only from the east coast and significantly advantages sellers who ship from the west coast. If an east coast shipper sets an order cut off time of 5:00pm eastern, that's only 2:00pm pacific. This means that all west coast page views after 2:00pm pacific will show as 3 delivery days and therefore negatively impact the seller's metric. Are there any plans to take time zone into consideration when calculating this metric? Are their any plans to add a setting to seller central that turns off the Prime badge when the seller's order cut off time is reached?

user profile
Seller_NSbl7f707brUh

We too have seen a dramatic shift (lower) in page views, there seems to be 3 issues at hand.

1) As stated previously Sundays are now being calculated as 0 views, which was never the case. As I am sure you are aware there is no Express Shipping available to ship on Sunday.

Yet 1-day orders that come in on Sunday do not count towards the 1 day page view requirement (again which was never the case previously) but still require the expense of overnight shipping on Mondays. So essential we are penalized twice... Once because we don't get the view and 2nd because we still need to overnight.

Go to original post