user profile
Sign in
user profile

New seller enrollment has reopened for Seller Fulfilled Prime

by News_Amazon

When we first launched Seller Fulfilled Prime in 2015, our goal was to allow sellers to independently handle the fulfillment of their products while also making them available to Prime customers with the same fast, reliable, and free delivery they have come to expect.

Over time, we realized that Seller Fulfilled Prime wasn't providing the same high-quality experience that customers expect from Prime. As a result, we paused new seller enrollment while we worked to increase support for sellers and establish clear standards for the program to ensure it provides customers a great Prime experience. With the new program standards in place, we're excited that new seller enrollment has now reopened.

The Seller Fulfilled Prime program fee has been removed from the set of program changes that went into effect on October 1. We're committed to supporting sellers' success, which includes listening to your feedback. The intent of the program fee was to cover Amazon's costs required to develop and run the program. After careful consideration, we've made the decision not to implement this fee to ensure sentiment related to the fee does not impact program participation.

To enroll in Seller Fulfilled Prime, you must first pre-qualify for the Seller Fulfilled Prime trial. Then, you must pass the trial by participating for 30 days while meeting all of the trial requirements.

For more details on the enrollment process and program requirements, go to Seller Fulfilled Prime trial and program enrollment.

Start the trial

Tags: News and Announcements
102 replies
0 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_1056OIqQZz0c6
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

We need Amazon boxes and Amazon branded tape to do this.

user profile
Seller_yoBaUhzkFJuPI

What happens if you do not reach 100 Prime orders during the trial?

Can you do the trial again?

Do you have to wait a certain amount of time before doing the trial again?

user profile
Seller_OzVR08ROodNsi

I meet the prequalifications -- I've checked and doubled-checked my Account Health page over the last few days, however, when I click the link to start the trial I get this error message:

Is there a glitch in the system?

You are currently not pre-qualified to start the SFP trial

See the list of pre-qualifications to start trial below and re-visit this page when you meet these.

Have a domestic US address as your default shipping address

Have an Amazon Professional selling account

Meet the following criteria over the past 90 days:

Self-fulfilled at least 100 packages

Cancellation rate less than 2.5%

Valid tracking rate greater than 95%

Late shipment rate less than 4%

user profile
Seller_Jet2c3sVf7lNG

We absolutely qualify under every single requirement but when we try to join the trial it says that we need to check back when we qualify. Please have someone correct this so that we can start the trial.

user profile
Seller_Ha6JyVvDK6Ybs

Did you realize 3p sellers pack and handle items with less damage or catch all the customer damaged, customer swapped items or just customer fraud. Is it that seller PRIME wasn't giving enough items away for FREE? We already ship faster than Amazon we just can not have our shipping times reflect otherwise you force us to over pay on shipping or give our items away free if it arrives 1 day late due to Amazons partner shipping delay.

user profile
Seller_ewRnjOhW5RRV1

Are sellers expected to ship on Saturdays? I want to participate in the program but we do not ship on Saturdays or Sundays.

user profile
Seller_tEZmu9AqcxI7H

I think this was handled with a very blunt approach. Regional Prime was great, but then they insisted you had to have national coverage. The end result is Prime became unavailable on many products. Many companies aren't huge but can offer Prime on a regional basis and shipped orders out within the Prime time frame.

user profile
Seller_2euOa5gCQ8ojM

We usually ship everything USPS since it is great for very light shipments.....being PRIME will mean we have to ship via UPS which can go upwards of $30 plus dollars for next day air. So, is it worth it? Can someone put their two cents in? most of our products are tiny and we do ship within 1-2 days.

user profile
Seller_1YkWo4vbgfSN0

@Jim_Amazon

I have looked through all the information available and have not been able to find the answers to these questions:

1) In our shipping templates, are we able to limit prime to a geographic area around our warehouse

2) Are we able to use USPS ground advantage to meet SFP. The table seems to imply we can have a 2-4 day transit time as long as we ship same day or next day

3) Are we able to limit SFP to some products only via shipping templates

Most of our products are low dollar (less than $20) and thus premium shipping is not an option if we are not allowed to charge for it. We are fine with the same day or next day shipping options.

Lastly when we are in vacation mode, I assume SFP is also on vacation mode.

Any insight would be greatly approeciated

Thanks

user profile
Seller_HUU4Rt54rIgAE

We were a very successful SFP vendor back in 2019 and 2020. The customers were extremely happy with our fast processing of our custom items and we were very happy with how it all worked for us. Amazon should have been very pleased with our service to the customers as we were near perfect in every metric and our customer ratings were consistently 4.9+ with thousands of reviews. Then they implemented the delivery speed metrics, requiring 20+% to be delivered via next day. Now it’s 30%. This is a killer for us, and I’d imagine for most small businesses trying to use SFP. The end result is a worse experience for Amazon Prime customers because they no longer have access to our products via Prime. We had managed to ship custom products the same day by cutoff and the next day for those after cutoff, all via 2-day air nationwide. One of the most common comments in our reviews were how shocked the customers were to receive personalized items so quickly. Nobody expected next day delivery, so the new requirement really makes no sense and hurts us, Amazon, and the customers.

Go to original post