Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_8cIsVssvO29X6

Tracking Number Problem - Is this happening to anyone else?

I sell books and magazines. Amazon has charged me - on two separate sets of shipments - that ALL the tracking numbers are invalid. These two sets of shipments were sent on July 7 and July 10.

I have investigated thoroughly - checked each tracking number against my postal receipt and even checked the USPS site and found all were delivered successfully - to the RIGHT tracking number - the one on my postal slip AND the one I reported to Amazon in each case.

I did not make any mistakes in entering the numbers. I entered each one correctly - once. I tried confirming each one in the first set of shipments and, not only did they stay on my metrics, got a second set of “invalid” tracking numbers.

My metric for Invalid Tracking is now 2%!

I can open a case with Amazon but we all know that will do no good because they have no control - a bot checks these numbers. That’s why I want to know if this is happening to any other seller.

Has the bot gone wlld?

2.3K views
153 replies
0 replies
user profile
Seller_i9JdxUaorf5lB

There is a very popular thread about this problem that you can reference.

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

BooksKitty… you’re late to complaining about tracking number problems oh, there’s probably 10 threads out there…

People have been opening cases, there was one seller that thought somebody was looking into it, however most of those cases go nowhere & hopefully this will come & go… get fixed… it’s another Amazon glitch…

Or they are Control Freaks & just want you to buy Amazon Kool-Aid postage, which is not really practical if you sell on Multi venues…

They did this a while back a couple years ago – it was a problem with the Amazon computer system being able to tie into – USPS, at that point I stopped entering numbers until I knew that they were on the USPS site… Amazon’s computers don’t play well with others at times, effectively…

That fixed it for a while now we have this…

You probably will receive some nasty email threatening to close your account, however I don’t think that’s going to happen there been sending those out on a regular basis…

Theoretically – it’s not a punishable offense, if you look at the box tied to your 2% score on your dashboard…

All I know is I have spot checked my tracking all of my packages are getting there… sometimes even sooner than USPS’s theoretical expected delivery date — I do feel that USPS once they put their postage on “has a vested interest” in actually delivering my stuff…

They have metrics also… I think using counter services for things like – USPS Media Mail – it’s a good thing, & if I other packages that need to be scanned from other venues, they always scan them along with selling me my postage for Media Mail…

It all gets emailed to me by the post office to my email account so that I have a record of it, independent of that little slip…

I put very large labels in 22-24 point type to the addressee, to make it easier for the postal carrier ----everyone that has to touch that piece of mail… they aren’t losing my stuff, it’s not sitting in distribution centers for weeks, they couldn’t be doing a better job…

I had one was LAX to Denver Colorado 4 days, Denver’s had a lot of problems … with their sorting Center, Health Department, ( at one point the local Health Department decided it was their duty to close down a federal facility – they were shown the door )…needing to clean stuff – all the usual things that happen when you have have employees at facility – a pandemic…

Good post office have well-trained staff, they can move through - Lobby lines- very quickly effectively, most of them that are smart --value the business mail that comes through the facility, because it adds to volume, volume creates funding for more personnel… and having enough Personnel at counters --is important these days…

So I would just try to just do what you’re doing & not worry about this… Don’t have a… Amazon induced mental incident…

Opening up your Amazon dashboard shouldn’t be a frightening event…

user profile
Seller_oUTdzS7mboCa1
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_jxTPhl9AtsLsT

I have had a case open since July 22nd. I have had three responses back from support to please be patient; they have forwarded the issue to the responsible team. Meanwhile, my VTR drops daily; down to 8.89% today. I have always been at 100%; all my tracking IS valid and delivered. Teresa

user profile
Seller_W6VSRs1dE47m8

It is happening to me. 100 percent of the time I put in USPS tracking correctly. And 50 percent of the time Amazon says I didn’t have valid tracking. It is a joke, Amazon, a joke.

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

BooksKitty…

I haven’t bothered to do anything with Amazon – there have been others I think Insight media,
BamaFanatic1, a plethora of other sellers…

I don’t think anybody has found "any Joy yet " --with Amazon…

Unbelievably, I find that most these things resolved themselves, there’s never any apology…

And I have found very little Joy – opening cases or doing much with Amazon support these days, or ever…

I don’t even try to create new listing pages that aren’t in the catalog, without a blanket exemption, that’s just too confusing not worth my time, an exercise in futility most the time…

If I can’t listed here, there are other e-commerce venues… more profitable, less - hassle, maybe less traffic, but I never was looking for instantaneous sales, if I wanted that – I would be selling replenishables…

Probably not here, too much copycatting, & interesting overseas interventions, in well selling products…

One of the interesting things about the current pandemic crisis is — I think that more people have had to learn how to use their computer, & are looking at – internet offerings as a whole…

Also people may not be happy with some of the politics, on certain sites — they’re exercising there discretion by using their wallets. … possibly shopping elsewhere…

I’m also finding – I’m in Los Angeles – more customers are looking at buying things closer to their mailing addresses…

Living in a major Hub does have its advantages, there are planes, trains, Trucking, regularly leaving here… Coast to Coast, media I can generally do it in 7 days…

So eventually this will fix itselF – if they suspended me – I will put together a POA showing – the tracking, & all those packages were delivered…

I keep excellent records of all my transactions, so even if they wipe the notes I’ve made , I still have them… they have a habit of doing that sometimes…

There is enough uncertainty in the world without my obsessing about this…

Also at LAX early this morning a 767, lost one of its landing gears oh, it was FedEx, everybody is fine basically, but I’m sure that’s going to put a two-day delay on all those packages… anytime you have the NTSB national Safety Transportation board involved…

Since it’s blocking one of the major runways, I don’t know if they try to offload the cargo then and there, or try to just move the plane with cargo to the FedEx facility , but it’s on the other side of the airport…

FedEx does have hangers --I think they’re on the other side of the airport , that’s-- a big plane to try to move, fortunately it didn’t catch fire… KTLA 5 had a video of the plane coming down…

user profile
Seller_L5AsTIS6Kn7qs

Just got an email said my VTR was 31%. Never have seen this before. Tried to find a problem. My metrics said my on time delivery was 100%. How can they know this without valid tracking. Guess I will relax until they do something else.

user profile
Seller_XyasXNhOT3yJX

This is happening to me too. All my shipments are legal and they get on time of before time. Why is this happening to many if not all of us?

user profile
Seller_GnS4WQJIyFTb5

I have the same problem. Opened a case and got nowhere. It still has not been corrected. Cannot get a call back. I checked all my orders and find no errors on my part. I am so frustrated.

user profile
Seller_dy0iaamuixQa3

Yes, it is happening to me. I actually asked the same question. See this thread.

user profile
Seller_8cIsVssvO29X6

I sell books and magazines. Amazon has charged me - on two separate sets of shipments - that ALL the tracking numbers are invalid. These two sets of shipments were sent on July 7 and July 10.

I have investigated thoroughly - checked each tracking number against my postal receipt and even checked the USPS site and found all were delivered successfully - to the RIGHT tracking number - the one on my postal slip AND the one I reported to Amazon in each case.

I did not make any mistakes in entering the numbers. I entered each one correctly - once. I tried confirming each one in the first set of shipments and, not only did they stay on my metrics, got a second set of “invalid” tracking numbers.

I can open a case with Amazon but we all know that will do no good because they have no control - a bot checks these numbers. That’s why I want to know if this is happening to any other seller.

Has the bot gone wlld?

2.3K views
153 replies
user profile

by Seller_8cIsVssvO29X6

Has the bot gone wlld?

Tags:Pricing
2.3K views
153 replies
0 replies
0 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_i9JdxUaorf5lB

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

BooksKitty… you’re late to complaining about tracking number problems oh, there’s probably 10 threads out there…

People have been opening cases, there was one seller that thought somebody was looking into it, however most of those cases go nowhere & hopefully this will come & go… get fixed… it’s another Amazon glitch…

Or they are Control Freaks & just want you to buy Amazon Kool-Aid postage, which is not really practical if you sell on Multi venues…

They did this a while back a couple years ago – it was a problem with the Amazon computer system being able to tie into – USPS, at that point I stopped entering numbers until I knew that they were on the USPS site… Amazon’s computers don’t play well with others at times, effectively…

You probably will receive some nasty email threatening to close your account, however I don’t think that’s going to happen there been sending those out on a regular basis…

Theoretically – it’s not a punishable offense, if you look at the box tied to your 2% score on your dashboard…

All I know is I have spot checked my tracking all of my packages are getting there… sometimes even sooner than USPS’s theoretical expected delivery date — I do feel that USPS once they put their postage on “has a vested interest” in actually delivering my stuff…

They have metrics also… I think using counter services for things like – USPS Media Mail – it’s a good thing, & if I other packages that need to be scanned from other venues, they always scan them along with selling me my postage for Media Mail…

It all gets emailed to me by the post office to my email account so that I have a record of it, independent of that little slip…

I put very large labels in 22-24 point type to the addressee, to make it easier for the postal carrier ----everyone that has to touch that piece of mail… they aren’t losing my stuff, it’s not sitting in distribution centers for weeks, they couldn’t be doing a better job…

I had one was LAX to Denver Colorado 4 days, Denver’s had a lot of problems … with their sorting Center, Health Department, ( at one point the local Health Department decided it was their duty to close down a federal facility – they were shown the door )…needing to clean stuff – all the usual things that happen when you have have employees at facility – a pandemic…

Good post office have well-trained staff, they can move through - Lobby lines- very quickly effectively, most of them that are smart --value the business mail that comes through the facility, because it adds to volume, volume creates funding for more personnel… and having enough Personnel at counters --is important these days…

So I would just try to just do what you’re doing & not worry about this… Don’t have a… Amazon induced mental incident…

user profile
Seller_oUTdzS7mboCa1
user profile
Seller_jxTPhl9AtsLsT

I have had a case open since July 22nd. I have had three responses back from support to please be patient; they have forwarded the issue to the responsible team. Meanwhile, my VTR drops daily; down to 8.89% today. I have always been at 100%; all my tracking IS valid and delivered. Teresa

user profile
Seller_W6VSRs1dE47m8

It is happening to me. 100 percent of the time I put in USPS tracking correctly. And 50 percent of the time Amazon says I didn’t have valid tracking. It is a joke, Amazon, a joke.

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

BooksKitty…

I haven’t bothered to do anything with Amazon – there have been others I think Insight media,

Unbelievably, I find that most these things resolved themselves, there’s never any apology…

And I have found very little Joy – opening cases or doing much with Amazon support these days, or ever…

I don’t even try to create new listing pages that aren’t in the catalog, without a blanket exemption, that’s just too confusing not worth my time, an exercise in futility most the time…

If I can’t listed here, there are other e-commerce venues… more profitable, less - hassle, maybe less traffic, but I never was looking for instantaneous sales, if I wanted that – I would be selling replenishables…

Probably not here, too much copycatting, & interesting overseas interventions, in well selling products…

One of the interesting things about the current pandemic crisis is — I think that more people have had to learn how to use their computer, & are looking at – internet offerings as a whole…

Also people may not be happy with some of the politics, on certain sites — they’re exercising there discretion by using their wallets. … possibly shopping elsewhere…

I’m also finding – I’m in Los Angeles – more customers are looking at buying things closer to their mailing addresses…

Living in a major Hub does have its advantages, there are planes, trains, Trucking, regularly leaving here… Coast to Coast, media I can generally do it in 7 days…

So eventually this will fix itselF – if they suspended me – I will put together a POA showing – the tracking, & all those packages were delivered…

I keep excellent records of all my transactions, so even if they wipe the notes I’ve made , I still have them… they have a habit of doing that sometimes…

Also at LAX early this morning a 767, lost one of its landing gears oh, it was FedEx, everybody is fine basically, but I’m sure that’s going to put a two-day delay on all those packages… anytime you have the NTSB national Safety Transportation board involved…

Since it’s blocking one of the major runways, I don’t know if they try to offload the cargo then and there, or try to just move the plane with cargo to the FedEx facility , but it’s on the other side of the airport…

FedEx does have hangers --I think they’re on the other side of the airport , that’s-- a big plane to try to move, fortunately it didn’t catch fire… KTLA 5 had a video of the plane coming down…

user profile
Seller_L5AsTIS6Kn7qs

Just got an email said my VTR was 31%. Never have seen this before. Tried to find a problem. My metrics said my on time delivery was 100%. How can they know this without valid tracking. Guess I will relax until they do something else.

user profile
Seller_XyasXNhOT3yJX

This is happening to me too. All my shipments are legal and they get on time of before time. Why is this happening to many if not all of us?

user profile
Seller_GnS4WQJIyFTb5

I have the same problem. Opened a case and got nowhere. It still has not been corrected. Cannot get a call back. I checked all my orders and find no errors on my part. I am so frustrated.

user profile
Seller_dy0iaamuixQa3

Yes, it is happening to me. I actually asked the same question. See this thread.

user profile
Seller_i9JdxUaorf5lB

user profile
Seller_i9JdxUaorf5lB

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

user profile
Seller_oUTdzS7mboCa1
user profile
Seller_oUTdzS7mboCa1
user profile
Seller_jxTPhl9AtsLsT

user profile
Seller_jxTPhl9AtsLsT

user profile
Seller_W6VSRs1dE47m8

user profile
Seller_W6VSRs1dE47m8

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

BooksKitty…

user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o

BooksKitty…

user profile
Seller_L5AsTIS6Kn7qs

user profile
Seller_L5AsTIS6Kn7qs

user profile
Seller_XyasXNhOT3yJX

user profile
Seller_XyasXNhOT3yJX

user profile
Seller_GnS4WQJIyFTb5

user profile
Seller_GnS4WQJIyFTb5

user profile
Seller_dy0iaamuixQa3

user profile
Seller_dy0iaamuixQa3