user profile
Sign in
user profile

Who do I contact about a potential recall on products we sell?

by Seller_ifAu2Rl3QHO7P

Hey all, we are working with a federal agency on a specific product we sell - and it looks like they may be preparing to recall it - so want to make sure I have my ducks in a row…

The product has, of course, already been removed from AMZ.

Whom at AMZ should we be in contact with?

Anyone ever had a situation like this?

Tags:
21 replies
21 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_d7Z0MKOJalf7S
In reply to: Seller_ifAu2Rl3QHO7P's post

If an official recall is actually issued Amazon itself will notify anyone on their record that had purchased any of the items.
I received one these recall messages myself from amazon just last week on a printer I had purchased a couple of years ago.

user profile
Seller_Xpktjspu2oF5C

You are making a gross mistake, NEVER handle issues like this on your own.

Let your legal counsel do it.

Your actions and words will be used against you so let the attorney do it ALL.

user profile
Seller_ov1oyvO6Pm3d6

I had a baby product recall where amazon allowed return for full refund for one year. It was a long year and I received many threats stating the product could have killed their baby. The recall also put the manufacturer out of business so I had to eat the loss.

user profile
Seller_uKYUQR1wT7FSF

There was the zebra label printer power supply recall (anyone using LP2844 or similar printers - check them now).

Problem is, only certain serial numbers were recalled, and I checked 10 power supplies i had and only 1 fell in the range. Amazon pulled all the printer listings and i can’t sell them even though the ones i have aren’t recalled. (If you have a recalled power supply, zebra will send you a new one)

user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs

Are you aware that after the recall, Amazon might refund all your past orders of the product in full, without requiring a return?

user profile
Seller_ifAu2Rl3QHO7P

Ok, one last question… I have closed all the listings of this branded product.

Any opinions… should I deleted the listings? Or is leaving them closed good enough?

I was leaning to just leaving them closed until/if the recall comes to fruition. Should it come to fruition I will know long before AMZ (I would presume)… I could delete then.

Just thinking out loud here really… I’m not sure I would relist even if the recall doesn’t happen - the manufacturer has been useless… but I have probably $5/10k in inventory which I would love to off load.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post