user profile
Sign in
user profile

USPS Question

by Seller_uJo8XNzWYLBfo

Hoping someone can help clear this up for me because when I asked my local USPS they said it was impossible despite with tracking said.

I have had 2 orders this week received late and when I looked in to it appears they are accepting the packages at a later time than I give them the scan sheet and the packages. Could they be holding our packages until the next day or later?

Package One: April 4 (Wednesday) 4:23 PM Package Received, Package Acceptance Pending
April 8 (Sunday) 7:40 AM Accepted at USPS Origin Facility

Package Two: May 7, 2018, 5:17 pm Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
May 7, 2018, 11:06 pm Accepted at USPS Origin Facility

Package One: The USPS is closed on Sundays
Package Two: The USPS where I live closes at 4:30 PM each day

The local USPS said there is no way its possible that no one is there at these times to accept the package.

Any ideas here? I am starting to think they do not get our packages out the same day we are dropping them off.

Tags: INR (item not received), Lost shipment, USPS
52 replies
52 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_WLBiZJ0HWR26C
In reply to: Seller_uJo8XNzWYLBfo's post

I’ve had the acceptance scan the evening after dropping it off late at night as you’ve experienced (such as the one at 11PM). Despite the retail office closing at 4:30PM for you each day, there are still operations going on outside of the normal business hours. However I am suspect of package one not getting an acceptance scan until 4 days later, could be a fluke where someone mishandled it and it just didn’t make it out there on time. If this is a normal occurrence I would advise using a different post office.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

Your PO is not the Origin Facility. The delays you see can be and probably are transit time to the next sorting center. The Origin Facility can be in another state.

user profile
Seller_PRkkPC2z7LC7V

I always try and send them before 2:00 so they have time to process and get it on there main truck after that it’s good luck and with there labor union re doing there labor contract. They get less money, so earlier the better to ship them out and leave on the same day.

user profile
Seller_T9vzJgzoLfAad

Basically your post office is not scanning your packages when you drop them off but rather sending them to one of their sort facilities (distribution facility) and that is where it receives the first scan. And then sometimes they even slipped through the cracks there and didn’t get scanned until they were delivered. We spoke to our local post office about this and told them we need our packages scanned when we drop them off. At first they wanted us to provide a scan sheet or manifest but Amazon does not offer this. So we explained it was not possible to provide it and they would have to scan the packages when dropped off so we would not get late shipments, INR because no tracking scans etc. So now the post office scans our packages when we drop them off.

user profile
Seller_uyxS6ebnr11WO

Mine may sit up to a week in our facility in our town to the next facility about 20 miles away. I’ve had to refund for late delivery due to poor USPS service.

user profile
Seller_dxD5hUqonIqvi

Packages are scanned several times through their journey. Just because there is no one at that front counter doesnt mean someone isnt there working in back or that your package isnt at a hub along the way.
My local post office has normal business hours like all of them but if I drop them off in the 24 hour package drop box inside before 2am they will be scanned into the Detroit hub which is 2 hours away from me by 6am the same day.

user profile
Seller_A4VZIiqJ9SrJA

That is why USPS is not 100% reliable

user profile
Seller_dUqNgHvVlN78l

Stand in line at your local post office and have them scan them in and give you a receipt while you are there and then you can watch the tracking from there.

user profile
Seller_dUqNgHvVlN78l

If all their other customers have to wait for you then they will probably get their act together esp. if you do this everyday for awhile. Sometimes you just have to train the lazy workers. Worked for me.

user profile
Seller_jgHosW1tnpXgN

You say you are using a SCAN sheet?

Is this true?

Basically once they scan the sheet regardless of anything else that shows in the system as the entire order was accepted.

Go to original post