Update to returns and refunds policy information on Seller Profile pages

From August 1, 2022, the Returns and Refunds policy information on all Amazon Seller Profile pages will be updated to clarify that buyers may return products in accordance with Amazon Return and Refundpolicies.

Almost all US sellers already have our policies displayed, however with this change, you won’t be able to provide custom return and refund policies on the Your Information & Policies page.

Our return and refund policies ensure a consistent returns experience for buyers, and apply to all sellers in the US store. This update ensures that customer-facing information accurately reflects these standard policies.

For more information, go to Manage seller-fulfilled returns.

Order cancellation - recent changes?
Cancellation Policy

why not just show both?

Nope. There are still inconsistencies with amazon return policy.

“Items shipped from Amazon.com, including Amazon Warehouse, can be returned within 30 days of delivery.”

I opened a safe-t claim when a customer used the return label and returned an item AFTER the 30 day return period ended. After some back and forth, I was told, “We calculate the return window for Seller Fulfilled Orders based on maximum estimated delivery date.”, which is not stated policy.

Your rules are arbitrary.

Or more likely, their training on the rules is deficient.

Consistency is needed all around for your polices: A-Z claims, returns and return windows, appeals, safe-t claims…

Another REALLY bad idea from Amazon for sellers. Our products ship by freight. Returning our items are wholly different than returning small package items.

I preferred my policies, but I guess it’s your house…

That’s a risk you take when selling on Amazon.

It’s Amazon’s house, they make the rules. You’re just a guest.

Is this still in place…

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/202072200

You can request exemptions from prepaid return labels only for SKUs that fall under the following categories:

• High Price Items: High-valued items (price exceeding $100) that need special shipping (for example, items that require special shipping insurance)

The exempted SKUs will be validated against the ASIN price and item condition across Amazon and the exemption reason code ‘HIGH_PRICE_GREATER_USD100’ to ensure it is rightly used. In addition, only active SKUs will be eligible for exemptions from prepaid return labels. You can view the status of your SKUs in Seller Central by going to the Inventory drop-down and selecting Manage Inventory .

Thank you but we did that some time ago. I’ve no idea how this new announcement affects that.

Lol…to me guests are usually welcomed and treated at least cordially… we just feel allowed to be in their house.

OHH!
So now it will be more clear when Buyers steal from Sellers with unauthorized, invalid, misrepresented, fraudulent, and unnecessary returns.
Another great idea by Amazon.

Consistency is needed all around for your polices: A-Z claims, returns and return windows, appeals, safe-t claims…

Yes I totally agree with you

My question is if we do not follow the policies, we get violations on our seller performance that affects us in many different ways. But , as happened to me last week, I made an order from amazon, that was sold and shipped by amazon for 3 different golf wedges. Used prime with delivery on Friday. One came in on time but 2 still had not shipped on Friday, with the order stating it was to be delivered on Friday and was still on time. I cancelled the order on Saturday morning and got a response that they would try to cancel the order as the shipment was being processed for shipping. Does amazon have a seller performance page and notifications for FBA owned and sold by amazon? If not, why not???

Inconsistencies in such stated return policy

Amazon should not even have a return policy because regardless 30 day window customers will still find a way to weasel a return. Half the time its product damaged return claims then the item is returned with zero indications of damage…thats how they get around buyers remorse so they’re not charged to return it…

Exactly . I got so many return used item after holiday .All Holidays items should have an exceptions. Like all the stores in the world. Example . The day after Halloween , you are not allowed to return anything after oct 31. Same for XMAS . I put some safe t claims . But. you hardly get 50% back. It is a huge loss and helping customers do fraud ,

What metric reflects this?

Because FBA isn’t covered by A-Z.

A-to-z Guarantee

The A-to-z Guarantee protects you when you buy items sold and fulfilled by a third-party seller. It covers both the timely delivery and condition of your items. If you’re not happy with either and can’t resolve the issue directly with the seller, you can make a claim directly to Amazon and our team will decide if you’re eligible for a refund.

You may be eligible to request an A-to-z Guarantee refund in the following cases:

• Your item hasn’t arrived three days after the latest estimated delivery date.
  • Your item hasn’t arrived, but tracking says it was delivered.
  • The item you received was damaged, defective, materially different, or you changed your mind and you returned it in line with Our Return Policies. However, if you haven’t been refunded or the amount refunded was wrong. You must do the following:
    1. Request a return within the return period offered in Our Return Policies (or before the end of the extended return period for orders placed during the Christmas period).
    2. Return the item with tracked shipping. Your return must be postmarked within 14 days after you’ve arranged the return with the seller.
  • The refund amount you’re entitled to is included below.
Reason for return Product cost Original shipping cost Return shipping cost
Item was damaged, defective, or materially different from what you ordered Yes Yes Yes
Any other reason (restocking fees may be deducted from the total refund) Yes Yes No
Any other reason (if Clothing, Shoes, Jewelry & Watches) Yes Yes Yes (if in line with return policies on Free Returns on Fashion Items)
  • The seller agreed to issue a refund or replace the item and you haven’t received the refund, the amount refunded was wrong, or the replacement item wasn’t sent.
  • You weren’t satisfied with the quality of the eligible services performed by the third-party seller.
  • You wanted to return an item that you bought from a seller but any of the following occurred:
    • The seller didn’t provide a return address in the U.S.
    • The seller didn’t provide a prepaid return label.
    • The seller didn’t offer a full refund of the item without requesting the return of the item.
  • You were charged extra (e.g, by customs authorities for a shipment sent internationally) in addition to the purchase price and any shipping costs you paid, and the seller didn’t cover those costs.
  • You’ve waited no longer than 90 days from the Estimated Delivery Date to file your claim.

Note:

• We may ask you to first contact the seller and wait up to 48 hours to allow the seller to respond and offer a resolution before you can request an A-to-z Guarantee refund directly from Amazon. To check your eligibility, go to Request an A-to-z Guarantee Refund.
  • You have 90 days after the maximum estimated delivery date to request an A-to-z Guarantee refund.
  • If you request a refund or chargeback from your payment provider (for e.g., your bank or credit card company), you’re not eligible for a refund through Amazon’s A-to-z Guarantee.
  • The A-to-z Guarantee doesn’t cover digital items, services, stored value instruments, or Spot Buys.
  • The A-to-z Guarantee covering timely delivery and condition of your items only applies when you buy items sold and fulfilled by a third-party seller. For items sold by Amazon Global Store and for Marketplace items delivered using Prime, contact us. For items bought on third-party sites using Amazon Pay, go to Amazon Pay help.
  • For A-to-z Guarantee claims covering property damage or personal injury due to a defective product sold in our store, see A-to-z Guarantee claims for Property Damage and Personal Injury.

I like this change because it is easier for the customer to understand and will increase sales for everybody. Amazon is still the best platform for small businesses like mine.