user profile
Sign in
user profile

Policy Warning

by Seller_wJ7nr3g3bQJPC

Good Morning,

I need help with a POLICY WARNING notification that I received today from Amazon. I have been selling on Amazon for over 6 years. This is the 3rd policy warning that I have received (different products) in the last two weeks. These are the first warnings that I have ever received. This last warning, includes multiple offenses—I am flummoxed and need a bit of help answering this appeal.

I only sell BRAND NEW PRODUCT and I am an AUTHORIZED RESELLER for every brand I sell. I sell FBA and my product is NOT comingled. I long ago DISABLED Amazon’s repackaging service for returns and I sell ALL my Amazon returns on a different online venue. I never repackage and resend to Amazon. I don’t want the hassel. I only send brand new, never opened product to Amazon.

I can easily provide all documentation for the purchasing of the product—but I have no idea how to go about setting up the appeal’s plan of action since I thought that I had already covered all my bases.

I am listing all of the ASINs that were in the policy warnings and the research that I have done on each ASIN.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Complaint type: USED SOLD AS NEW
ASINS:
B0058ECLZ0 — Last sold 11/4/2017. Only 1 Return on 5/7/2017 in 365 days — Removal Order 5/22/2017 This is an extremely heavy product. Often the box that the mandrel is in is damaged and we have in the past taped the outside of the boxes. Bracelet Mandrel Euro Invoices March 1(12) Nov 29 (6) May 16 (24)

B0058EDEJC — Last sold 5/9/2018. Only 1 Return on 2/19/2018 in 365 days — Customer Comment on Return “Looks Used: ----Disposition—Sellable----Returned to Inventory. No problems with packaging when shipped to FBA Spoke to seller services in regards to the disposition of this item and I was assured that if the item was replaced in my inventory it must be brand new and sometimes customers will say an item is used so they do not have to pay return shipping—so Amazon can not go by customer comments. BUT HELLO----THEY NOW HAVE BLOCKED THE LISTING!!!.

B008NX6V22 — Last sold 3/15/2018. Only 1 Return on 1/20/2018 in 365 days — Removal Order — 3/1/2018. Customer comment on return: “it was supposed to be new. It is used. The package has been opened and stapled. I would consider a credit for it being used otherwise I would like it replaced.” No problems with packaging when shipped to FBA.

B00A97YTAQ — Last sold 2/4/2018. 2 Returns in 365 days. 1st Return 12/26/2017 — Removal Order — 2/1/2015. 2nd Return 1/2/2018. Item never returned—Reimbursed by Amazon. No problems with packaging when shipped to FBA. Customer Comment on First Return “It is used and packaging had already been opened. Additionally, the small side isn’t square. On corner protrudes more than the rest.” Customer reordered smaller size plier the same day of the return.

Once again, I only sell BRAND NEW ITEMS and I am an authorized reseller of all the brands that I carry. I don’t repackage nor do I want Amazon to repackage for me.

Would Amazon staple or tape an item’s packaging, if it is damaged in the warehouse? Or, do they just reimburse the seller for an unfulfillable item “warehouse damaged”?

Any help on wording the plan of action would be helpful.

Thank you.

Tags: FBA, Fulfillment, INR (item not received), Packaging, Shipping, Warehouse
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ofOBVTQ7u4YSX
In reply to: Seller_wJ7nr3g3bQJPC's post

Buyers may have returned the items stapled or taped shut and Amazon did not notice so they just put them back in inventory.

Amazon’s policy is that they do not reimburse FBA sellers for customer damaged returns. Even if there have not been returns in over a year for an item, if there has ever been a return that went back in inventory it is possible the customer did the taping. They are unlikely to reimburse any of those items as in their mind the damage could be caused by customers.

For that item customers may mistake the taping you did as a sign that the item is used. If the box is too flimsy to stand up to the warehouse environment without taping, you should consider different packaging such as shrink-wrapping the box.

Amazon will shut down listings for items that are damaged in the warehouse too often and expect the seller to do better preparation of the inventory they send to FBA to reduce the rate of damage.

user profile
Seller_mECVmiLMIjvvq

Before we left FBA we actually had items shipped to customers that had shoe prints on the box… Not the Amazon box, our box packed inside the Amazon box, where I guess it had fallen off the shelf, been walked on by at least 2 different people and then shipped anyway.

Amazon said the customer complaint was my fault.

When you turn over your business to minimum wage employees you get what Amazon pays for.

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

ONLY, for formatting, look at my post here:

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post