user profile
Sign in
user profile

PO Boxes can not be used as Shipping Address

by Seller_xb60Nguv2gusu

Hello I was wondering if any one else use shipping address as a PO BOX? The issue is I am currently in between business address and was hoping to rent a PO BOX to receive mail as well as use as shipping address but Stamps.com said that I can not use PO BOX as shipping address.

Does anyone use PO BOX as their shipping address and if an item is undeliverable does it come back to the PO BOX?

Tags: Address
9 replies
9 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_X9AxWaXfNnGAl
In reply to: Seller_xb60Nguv2gusu's post

You should be able to use the Post Office as the shipping address. That will be how the shipping costs are calculated.

You can still use your PO box as a return address.

Though they may not be exactly the same, they are still co-located and acceptable for this purpose.

Dave

user profile
Seller_cjBwb6X1O3EGl

Open a box at your local UPS Store. They’ll give you an address like:

1234 Anystreet PMB 789
Anytown, USA

Change the PMB to suite and you’ve now got what looks like a physical street address! As a benefit, you can receive stuff from all carriers at this address and stuff that is much larger than the size of your box.

This is also great if you want to hide your physical address. Especially helpful if your home address and business address are the same. You really do not want to publish to the net your home address.

They’ll also send you an email when something arrives.

Note: As in all cases, treat your vendors as you’d like to be treated. If you are a jerk they have a lot of ways to make your life miserable.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

My ships address and returns address are a PO box.

UPS will not accept it, but UPS will accept the street address of the PO and the Box number.

UPS and FEDEX deliver to most post offices every day for services like SmartPost.

user profile
Seller_UXwgqHxRYG0zx

https://postalpro.usps.com/competitivepoboxes

The 3rd one is the form you need to sign and take to the PO.

user profile
Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0

Just have the mail forwarded. Fill out a form at the post office.

That is how we dealt with it.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post