user profile
Sign in
user profile

Now Live: New Seller Forums

by Wyatt_Amazon

Welcome to the new Amazon Seller Forums - we’re glad you’re here! With thousands of new posts each day and millions of sellers just like you participating, Forums is your daily resource that can help you launch and find success selling in Amazon’s store. It’s your destination for sharing experiences and best practices, and receiving useful insights from Amazon Community Managers and Amazon thought leaders to help grow your business. 

Not only does Forums have a brand-new look and feel, we’ve also added:

a. Simpler navigation and search, so it’s faster for you to get the help and advice you’re looking for.

b. Advanced filtering so you can sort by votes, views and number of replies. You can also quickly see if Amazon provided a response.

c. Voting features to indicate a post as helpful, not helpful, or flag it for Amazon to review. You’re also able to flag which response to your question was most helpful.

d. Personalization, allowing you to see more content from topics related to your business and interests by selecting relevant categories in your profile.

e. An expanded team of Amazon Community Managers to join you in discussions with ideas and tips as well as ensure conversations are safe and welcoming for everyone.

For a more in depth look at how the new Forums was built based off seller feedback, check out this blog post

If this is your first time here, welcome!  Feel free to browse existing topics or visit our FAQs as a starting point. If you’re already familiar with the Seller Forums, welcome back! 

Thanks for joining us, and we look forward to seeing you in the Forums! 

- Your Seller Forums Team

Tags: News and Announcements
46 replies
46 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_NHdnS0qw3t4sh
In reply to: Wyatt_Amazon's post

I made an urgent, important post three days ago, but only one reply. On the old Seller Forums, it would have had many more posts in a shorter timeframe. Honestly, it now feels like a ghost town here. The seasoned veteran sellers have mostly left.

Is there any chance at all that we can revert back to the OSFE? I mean, is there the possibility of allowing both formats to run in parallel, at least for 6 months or so?

user profile
Wyatt_Amazon
Show post
With thousands of new posts each day and millions of sellers just like you participating,
user profile
Seller_pqnDOeV0QtCeV

Seriously or just BS??

For a more in depth look at how the new Forums was built based off seller feedback, check out this blog post.

"Personalized experience and profile pages"

"...You can customize your profile, including uploading profile pics or choosing an avatar, and can chose to share information about yourself or your business."

user profile
Seller_9PcsTCN0ancqb

While we like the constant updates Amazon provides to the Seller community for vast improvements of the Selling Experience on Amazon, sadly, this is not a good one. It's difficult to find certain help topics, hashtags don't work and are meant for Twitter (a platform based off hashtags) and we feel the experienced community of Sellers have abandoned this platform and are now elsewhere. We shouldn't have to use Reddit as an alternative! Just our honest opinion.

user profile
Seller_oyPTGTASJ1pI3

The forums were useful in the past. This new creation is awful.

Amazon, please quit "improving" things!

user profile
Seller_FwpA1naSVnywt

It is simply just a fiasco.

There is no head or tail...

user profile
Seller_f8GbZUTLuyaHK

I use to go to "general selling question' do a search by the number of posts and check out the 'lighten up' thread' Can you tell me how I can find it now????

user profile
Seller_vEpJ8CQo5VXfP

Many problems and promises. That is an issue. Your follow thru is poor.

user profile
Seller_wGMKl5L4ju1kI

Unburying my post (because the nesting is obnoxious and there is no "bottom" button like top and nothing that indicates a post is new to you) about this GUI as compared to the old way:

@Bryce_Amazon

That is entirely true that search wasn't great.... but you know what was? There were at least 20 currently replied to threads visible without having to scroll. You could quickly visually scan through them and see if any interested you. Selecting a category to browse within, the same thing. Now there are 4 or 5, you have to scroll, and have to click more to see more. That requires more gestures (and is actually harder to do)... it isn't a big deal on mobile because having to scroll and click all the time is "expected functionality". Yes mobile is getting "easier" but it was already 10x harder to do things.

I know that I am a "dinosaur" (even as a 45 yr old genXer), in that I use a desktop computer (with a full size keyboard and a mouse) to do work and thus also for reading forums and watching video. I'm really sick of GUI "design" going so far toward being clickable on a phone/tablet/small device that it looks like utter garbage on desktop with ridiculously over sized everything because it is "easier" to just make 1 interface. It wasn't that long ago that there were desktop and mobile versions of sites, but apparently it is mobile or nothing now and even more in the future. Sites are getting dumbed down to make it "easier" to navigate on mobile. The instamoji generation needs everything "simple".

TLDR: Sites aren't more powerful, they're actually becoming dumber in the name of "easy".

user profile
Seller_z1tAoi1VXd6D2
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_LImVvUWeyiCfQ

I agree the nesting is terrible.

In addition, I'm unable to "watch" a thread. The only way I can see to receive notifications is to actually participate in a thread. Sometimes I don't want to or don't have anything to contribute but would still like to watch a thread and receive notifications when new posts are made.

There is no way to know if I've already read a thread or part of a thread. Nothing indicates I've already looked at a thread and I end up reading the same threads over again. Find some way to indicate to me that I've looked at the thread.

Find a better way than the current refresh method to indicate to me that a thread I've looked at has new posts and show me which posts are new. The refresh method takes you to the top. How am I supposed to know which posts/replies are new? I have to hunt for them. It's impossible to find them.

Posts need to be in chronological order, as several others have mentioned.

Go to original post