New Requirements for radio frequency device listings on Amazon.com

The FCC Radio Frequency Emission Compliance attribute is now available for you to add your FCC compliance information to radio frequency devices that you offer for sale on Amazon.

As per Amazon policy, all radio frequency devices (RFDs) must comply with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations and all federal, state, and local laws applicable to those products and product listings.

You may not be aware that you are selling products the FCC identifies as RFDs. The FCC broadly classifies RFDs as any electronic or electrical product that is capable of emitting radio frequency energy. According to the FCC, almost all electronic or electrical products are capable of emitting radio frequency energy. Examples of products that are regulated by the FCC as RFDs include: Wi-Fi devices, Bluetooth devices, radios, broadcast transmitters, signal boosters, and devices with cellular technology. FCC guidance on what is considered an RFD can be found here.

If you are listing an RFD for sale on Amazon, in the FCC Radio Frequency Emission Compliance attribute, you must do one of the following:

1. Provide evidence of FCC authorization consisting of either an FCC certification number or contact information for the Responsible Party as defined by the FCC.
  2. Declare that the product is not capable of emitting radio frequency energy or is not required to obtain an FCC RF equipment authorization. For more information about filling out the FCC Radio Frequency Emission Compliance attribute, click here.

Effective March 7, 2022, we will be removing ASINs that are missing required FCC information from the Amazon store, until that information is provided.For more information, go to Amazon’s Radio Frequency Devices policy. You can also bookmark this article for future reference.

FCC Radio Frequency Emission Compliance attribute
FCC certification on wireless mouse & keyboard
Unusual Message from Amazon
Notification of Restricted Products Removal
Action required for some of your listings on Amazon.com (Radio Frequency Devices)

That took long enough. Hopefully, the forums have an electronics guru hiding in the shadows, that can make this simple for the myriad of Alibaba customers (and the false positives, if we assume this is going to be like the pesticide enforcement debacle, and snag the odd textbook on electronics now and then). And assist in navigating the system, satisfactorily.

Anybody, willing to step up?

I’m far from being a guru, but , with each shipment my supplier provides filled FCC form 740…

I typically only sell name brand stuff. I just grabbed a wifi module from a laptop, and it has the fccid right on it. Same as the base for a Plantronics wireless headset.

Whats worse is the stuff that isn’t wireless, but it’s required to not produce interference, and accept any that would cause bad operation to the product

Is Amazon expecting (for example) all 100 sellers of a particular Xbox controller SKU to submit FCC certification details for a product page they didn’t create?

@Legit_Liquidators
This is required by FCC.

Why can’t ?

If you dont already understand the game, why am i going to explain it. Keep selling on Amazon. Have a great time.

I believe you are mistaking Amazon for a little government agency referred to as the FCC. See here’s the thing, too many 3PS bought stuff like LED lights and displays from Alibaba and sold them on Amazon. These shiny little gems from the PRC interfered with emergency, FAA, and DOD radio signals. So know everybody on Amazon has to document that they are following the rules. We are hopeful that book Sellers and purveyors of fluffy bunny slippers won’t be asked to document that their products are compliant (but given the way the whole pesticide thing is going, we aren’t betting on it).

Not the expert on this stuff, but I believe 100% yes.

No, and that what makes it easy. I just got a list of like 500 Asins that fall under the regulation. Only one seller has to fix it, and the rest don’t have to do anything. I’m just going to let others do the work for me and hope I only have to take care of a few dozen myself.

Every FM radio is under the regulation. Like this Sony SRF-H3 headset from the early 90s. People love them, but someone has to find the id and enter in the box.

As far as I understand, only the seller that created the listing can change/edit it…
If I’m correct this may cause an issue, for example if the creator does not carry/sell the item anymore.
This issue should be addressed to/by amazon mods.

This site gets more ridiculous by the day, time to have a bunch of products that have nothing to do with Radio Frequency get pulled off this site. Selling here has become more of a chore than rewarding as no actual human being reviews anything and we are constantly at the mercy of poor AI bots that do not even look at actual competitive prices but instead look at prices made 20 years ago.

That is until they determine that you sold a action figure or toy 5 yrs ago and flag it for not having the proper certification. The bots will probably start flagging books with the word Radio in it

Not exactly. Some of us sellers have some elevated change privileges, due to our long standing experience (I have an email somewhere that says that). So I can change some things and they will stick, but I’m not all powerful with that.

I sell a wide variety of used electronics, and got an email with lots of those ASINs. I hope this is not going to require the manufacturer who created the page to edit the FCC attribute, because if so, a lot of listings are going to permanently come down for no good reason.

I just upated the FCC ID for ASIN B00DBCJKPK. Lets see if it will stick.

How did you locate it?

I believe that this is legally required to be stamped or permanently affixed to the product, and/or on the consumer facing product packaging, and manufacturer’s product manual or other Regulatory advisory document shipped with the product within the products consumer facing packaging.

I believe you are right, but if the attribute can only be added by certain users, that will make listing older (flagged) electronics difficult to impossible, because nobody with the power to add it will care to.

I can’t speak to that, and will leave it to be determined by my betters, and/or time.