user profile
Sign in
user profile

Need 'Fine Jewelry' category approval

by Seller_opQPVSn4JNYAv

Hello,

I have created a new seller account on Amazon.com and am planning to sell ‘Fine Jewelry’.
I need help in getting the category approval for this category.
I did my research and came to know that Amazon charges fee for new sellers - Fine Jewelry of around $5000. Is this for real? If yes, is there any alternative to get the category approval?
Around 2 years back, I created a seller account for the same category and no fees was charged to me and got the category approval.
Please help!
Your valuable comments will be highly appreciated!
Thanks
-Pratz

Tags: Fees
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_i3DcETKK41A76
In reply to: Seller_opQPVSn4JNYAv's post

A lot has changed in two years. To sell Fine Jewelry, you must have at least 12 months of prior selling experience on Amazon with annual revenue of at least $50,000. For details, see Categorization of Fine vs. Fashion Jewelry.

So, based on this requirement, you are not eligible to even apply to sell in the Fine Jewelry category.

Second, I am concerned about ‘created a new account’ but later you say ‘2 years back, I created a seller account’.

If this is true, you will likely find this new account suspended within a few days since no one is allowed to have multiple seller accounts without prior approval to do so by Amazon. Does not matter if the first account was closed because closed accounts can be reopened. Even if you used different information, if something can tie this new account to the old (i.e. same PC/MAC Address, physical address, bank, credit card, etc.), you may find a suspension notice soon.

Would have been easier to just reopen the closed account which had you already approved to sell in this category.

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy
In reply to: Seller_opQPVSn4JNYAv's post

Here’s an established jeweler, who has been in business for 35 years and still, cannot gain approval:

Also, creating a second seller account, is a major problem, with Amazon. You will need to address the reason, you opened a second account.

Amazon Seller Accounts, are limited to a SINGLE account, per lifetime and a SINGLE account per household, except in certain circumstances, as per the following:

Multiple seller accounts:

Operating and maintaining multiple Seller Central accounts is prohibited. If you have a legitimate business need for a second account, you can apply for an exception to this policy:

1. Go to Contact us.
  2. Click Selling on Amazon, then select Your account, then select Other account issues.

In your request, please provide an explanation of the legitimate business need for a second account. To be considered for approval:

1. You must have a separate bank account for each Seller Central account. We will not approve multiple Seller Central accounts that use the same bank account within the same region. If you sell across regions (for example in North America and Europe), you may use the same bank account for your Seller Central accounts as long as your accounts are linked though Amazon Global Selling.
  2. Each account must have a separate email address.
  3. The products and services sold in each account must be different.
  4. Your Performance Metrics must be in good standing.

We will respond to your request within 2 to 3 business days.

Failure to comply with these requirements may result in account termination.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post