user profile
Sign in
user profile

Selling fine jewelry, getting approved, seemingly impossible

by Seller_kkRl3hY0h5qnS

I have tried to sell jewelry here before but was unable because you do not let new sellers in that category. I tried to figure out how to become a seller, but it seems a joke. You have a review policy to be approved to sell fine jewelry. Ok, I can live with that. However one of the criteria to become a seller is you have to have sold for 12 months on amazon. Well how can I be approved as a seller if you won’t let me sell???
Also my products are our unique designs, we have about 10-15 of them. We do not have UPC or GTIN numbers for these items because we are a small company and for 35 years have never needed these numbers.
How do we go about becoming sellers, we have been in business over 35 years and would like to sell on amazon if it is possible.

Thank you,
Steven

Tags: Policy
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy
In reply to: Seller_kkRl3hY0h5qnS's post

Hello Steven,

The only logical course of action, considering you sell fine jewelry, is to order some fashion jewelry or other inexpensive items, to offer, which will get your foot in the door, so to speak. Sell them for a year and then reapply.

You will also need to maintain, almost perfect metrics, across the board. Amazon pulled in the ropes, in many categories, in an effort to maintain quality and service.

I’m sure you’ve read this already, but adding for any others, who may have questions: Fine Jewelry requirements.

Throwing this in, for good measure:

Took me a minute to locate @Style’s thread, which is the go to, for jewelry:

and last one (just in case): Major Jewelry Brands Requiring a UPC.

(Edit to correct link.)

user profile
Seller_k7W4coePPXe7y
In reply to: Seller_kkRl3hY0h5qnS's post

Are your items made by hand? You could consider applying to the Handmade category.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/handmade/apply?ref=asus_hnd_lp_apply&ld=ASUSHNDDirect

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post