user profile
Sign in
user profile

Intellectual rights/Infringement

by Seller_iJKpU6lJnTLvp

I recently started selling a new item. After a few days Amazon notified me that it had received an intellectual rights complaint. They asked for invoices and I sent them but apparently that wasn’t enough. I have been selling for 5 years and have never seen this before. I’m attaching the letter from Amazon so you can better help. They want a plan of action but I’m an authorized distributor. The contacts on the complaints for the company were not valid emails. Some have suggested because of the popularity of this item a competitor may have filed the complaint. That makes some sense because the other products with the same company are still active. Just the two most popular items are in question.

Hello,

Thank you for your message, but we cannot accept your appeal because it does not address the report we received from the rights owner. Please provide the following information so that we can process your appeal:

A valid retraction sent to Amazon must come directly from the original rights owner who reported the infringing content listed at the end of this email. We do not accept forwarded or attached retractions. Please contact the rights owner listed below to request that a retraction be sent to notice-dispute@amazon.com:

Proof of product authenticity (e.g., invoice, Order ID, licensing agreement, letter of authorization). It must clearly prove that your products do not infringe any intellectual property rights. . Please send this information, any other documentation, and a list of impacted ASINS to notice-dispute@amazon.com.

Greater detail on the root cause(s) of the infringement…

Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve Policy Violation issues.

Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent infringement going forward.

Where do I send this information?
Send this information to notice-dispute@amazon.com.

What happens if I do not send the requested information?
If we do not receive the requested information within 17 days of the original suspension notification, your account will remain deactivated.

ASIN: B07KDK7R5G
Task ID: 5681266941

Depending on your account status and activities, you may be required to complete an additional review before funds can be released. Amazon may withhold payments if we determine that your account was used to sell inauthentic or prohibited goods.

You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please send an email to payments-funds@amazon.com.
Sincerely,
Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

Tags: Address, Payments, Policy, Seller Central
47 replies
47 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_BwNv17Ff1XNkA
In reply to: Seller_iJKpU6lJnTLvp's post

Literally just submitted an IP response and it was approved in less than one hour, and without a retraction. A few tips:

• Provide invoices from the manufacturer, NOT the distributor (the distributor cannot authorize you)
  • Provide invoices and NOT retail receipts (not the same thing)
  • The invoices should equal or exceed the number of units sold on Amazon (In one IP appeal we submitted 16 invoices over 15 months)
  • The invoices should have contact information for the manufacturer - including phone number
  • Short and sweet and to the point, don’t ramble

Hope this helps. You can of course post your response for input from the community.

user profile
Seller_cjBwb6X1O3EGl

What is the brand? We’ve seen 2 threads in the last few days involving Rodal + Fields.

user profile
Seller_iJKpU6lJnTLvp

Rodan and Fields. It appears one of the sellers are going after the competition with these fake claims. Yet Amazon doesn’t care if they are fake or real. They want me to get with the person who filed the complaint but the contact information is fake. So I guess I’m not selling that product.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

If Rodal + Fields is infringing some else, the report would be from someone else.

Since you did not post the first notification we have no clue why you are in trouble.

If you have not included proof that Rodal + Fields. is the rightsholder, that may be appropriate as well.

I

user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs

To appeal Intellectual Property Complaints, the rights owner will need to send a retraction notice like this to notice-dispute@amazon.com:

Also, here is an example Plan of Action, which needs to be accompanied with invoices:

user profile
Seller_BwxMw4aCx19rX

I am so fed up with these claims, I’ve had four in the last few months. Two on the same ASIN at the same time, on the same day. I took care of those, but they said they will remain on my metrics for six months. Then I receive another one on a different ASIN, I appeal twice, and they grant my appeal and remove the violation from my metrics. I relisted the item and they sent me the same policy violation less than 6 hours after I relisted the reinstated ASIN, they also put a block on the ASIN (usual procedure). I opened a case with SS on that one, I have not heard anything, and they removed the block on the ASIN.

When I put in my appeal I also send a copy to the email attached to the complaint, I want Amazon and whoever owns the email to see that they have both received the appeal.

grrrrrrrrr

user profile
Seller_iJKpU6lJnTLvp

Unscrupulous sellers using dirty tactics to eliminate the competition. You would think Amazon could verify the claim prior to removal but I’m guessing their are so many that isn’t feasible.

user profile
Seller_nXtJ8lHkgpu15

Hello,
We received an IP complaint as well for the one of the accessories we sell with our product.
The complaint was for ONE ASIN and we had 24 ASINs in the variation. They blocked all 24 ASINs even the ones that did not include the accessory which is supposedly patented.

We replied and asked for an explanation as to why the other ASINs were blocked. They replied with a rejection of the appeal although we specifically stated that it was not an appeal but rather a request to understand why are other ASINs in the variation blocked so we could address the complaint correctly. A few hours after, we got an email that they reinstated the ASINs but they are all still blocked. We called Seller Support and they said they will contact Seller Performance and ask why are the ASINs still blocked if there was an email of reinstating the ASINs. They responded later with another rejection of the appeal!!!

Not sure what to do now. We are in the process of removing all inventory and getting rid of the patented accessory and sending back the inventory. We want our ASINs back as they have around 1800 legitimate reviews that took us years to get.

Any idea on how to proceed? Is it okay that we wait for almost a month to remove the inventory and get rid of the accessory then contact them? Or is that too long?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

user profile
Seller_iUamhLpz5rIGs

You are not authorized to sell their products on Amazon. You know that. My sister-in-law is a consultant and I know that.

Consultants may sell the R+F Products through their Pulse Personal Websites (PWS) or through the R+F Website and may also direct Customers to purchase the R+F Products through the R+F Website. Sales of the R+F Products or Rodan + Fields Branded Assets, through any other website, including but not limited to Internet sites such as eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, VarageSale, Facebook Marketplace, and/or Poshmark, are strictly prohibited.

user profile
Seller_SnEOBwXHBUFej

I asked a friend of mine who does sell for rodan and fields and they don’t allow amazon sale or at least that’s what they told her. So whoever sold it to you should have told you that.

Now about the emails being bogus that’s a problem. I would contact rodan and fields directly

Go to original post