user profile
Sign in
user profile

Has USPS Ever Recovered Missing Mail For Anyone?

by Seller_9A6ETNhjhY7XS

I have Filled Out Many Missing Mail Inquiring Forms and Never Has The USPS Ever Found Any of My Packages, Mostly Media Mail. I am just wondering if anyone has had any luck.

Tags: USPS
69 replies
69 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_X1KyTShEuuYS6
In reply to: Seller_9A6ETNhjhY7XS's post

If you are losing a lot of mail it’s likely you are not addressing your package has well. By that I mean you aren’t taping labels on or if you’re writing them on you’re not writing them clearly and or not taping over them.

And yes, I’m sure did someone somewhere has had a package found by the USPS.

user profile
Seller_bmtN8q43LqOqW

I’ve had to file a few claims, and most of the time, the package was located and delivered.

user profile
Seller_TD8kClMwLYBMd

Nope. Never. I always ask myself, how does filing a claim find a lost package? Do packages just randomly fall somewhere to never be found again unless you open a claim?

user profile
Seller_MU8ehgZgMJ9K0

I had two cases of missing Priority Mail. In each, I called USPS on behalf of the buyer to create a case. One of them I got all the details. USPS delivered to a roadside lockbock a couple blocks away, rather than the one for the buyer. In the second, they misdelivered to a person, but apparently were able to go back and retrieve the package to deliver to the right party (on this one I didn’t get as much info, but it was certainly resolved between USPS and the buyer).

For each of these, it is much less likely they would have ended with successful redilvery if I had not taken the time to call USPS and make a case.

user profile
Seller_7iQjFTabKHqyC

We get about 75% of our missing packages back.

We work with our local postmaster.

About 60% of our packages were not tracking in the beginning and we got USPS and local police to investigate several employees lost their jobs,

We are building to have another incident and our new postmaster is working on finding out what is going on.

Three suggestions-

1. If possible take your packages to the local post office and get a paper receipt evidence with both Amazon and USPS that you are not a crank.

2. Report it to local police and file a claim with the post office on every package.

3. Find other mechants also affected and raise the issue Publically.

It does take effort time, and effort, Every time you let it go it is encouraging theives to return and do even worse.

user profile
Seller_cajUy7KY82A4x

Using the Missing Mail form…Never. Even when it’s actually been found! You’d think as soon as it’s scanned it would hook up with the report of missing mail…but no. Package got delivered, got scans, and then a couple of months later…“we’re sorry…we are unable to locate your package”…

I usually can get stuck mail moving again on my own without going that route…

user profile
Seller_3fDa5wyTE1bME

Not one time has mail ever been returned

user profile
Seller_mg5N0syb16ZqJ

I get lost packages back about 50% of the time. And when they do come back, they come back really late. The longest gap I’ve had between shipped and returned to me is 2 years. Looked just like the day I sent it, like it had been laying behind a filing cabinet all that time. What was weird is that they returned it to me. Why not just continue it on to the addressee on the box?

user profile
Seller_ujScHTwvcsrwf

usually the customer “finds” it when i mention filing a theft report with the postal inspector…another one just yesterday.

user profile
Seller_8kOhNcEZbbk6H

I’ve had good success with the USPS finding missing mail for me - about 75% of the time. I use the missing mail form on the USPS website mostly with Priority Mail and First Class. However,I don’t get any notification when they find it. It just continues on it’s way. I need to keep a list of tracking numbers and manually check them and still get an email a couple months later that they were unable to find the package (even when it was already located and delivered).

Go to original post