user profile
Sign in
user profile

Account Suspended - Product Authenticity Complaints - bought Item from BestBuy

by Seller_uzpbrV5G4C9y1

My account has been suspended because of Product Authenticity Complaints.I do not understand how someone who hasn’t seen or bought my unit of the product I was selling can complain about the authenticity of it. I have appealed numerous times with all the information that is being asked and I get the same old generic response of this is not enough information and now there have been no responses.

our Amazon Seller account has been temporarily deactivated and your listings have been removed. Funds will not be transferred to you but will be held in your account while we work with you to address the following concern(s).
How do I reactivate my account?
To reactivate your selling account, please send us the following information:
– Copies of invoices, receipts, contracts, delivery orders, or authorization letters from your supplier issued in the last 365 days. The quantity of items shown should match your inventory.
– If you are not the brand owner, provide an authorization letter and a complete set of documentation, including authorization letters, to prove a valid supply chain.
– If you are the brand owner, provide a copy of the brand registration certificate, and business license or personal identity card.
– Contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, email, and website.

You can send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. We may call your supplier to verify the documents. You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. We will maintain the confidentiality of your supplier contact information.

How do I send the required information?
Please submit this information by clicking the Appeal button next to this message on the Performance Notifications page in Seller Central (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/customer-experience/perf-notifications.html).

What happens if I do not send the requested information?
If we do not receive the requested information within 17 days, or after two unsuccessful appeals (whichever occurs sooner), we may not allow you to sell on Amazon. Failure to successfully appeal this decision may result in us permanently withholding any payments to you.

ASIN: B07QPKZKL5
Title: Oculus Quest All-in-one VR Gaming Headset – 128GB
Brand: Oculus

ASIN: B07PM6DG8W
Title: Roll over image to zoom in 5 Surprise Mini Brands Collectable Capsule
Brand: 5 SURPRISE

Tags: Address, Payments, Registration, Seller Central, Verification
43 replies
43 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_qz1y4XweLE9SO
In reply to: Seller_uzpbrV5G4C9y1's post

You do not have invoices, or permissions to sell these Brands.
Buying from BestBuy would produce a receipt - not a manufacture’s invoice.
You probably do not have permission from Oculus, or 5Surprise to sell their products on Amazon - and their permission must state saleable on Amazon.
Your account will probably remain suspended.

CJ

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

If you research the warranty on this product, you will discover that it only applies to purchases from authorized resellers.

Since you bought from Best Buy, and you are not an authorized reseller, you may not sell this item as NEW on Amazon.

You cannot provide the proof of authenticity Amazon requires.

You have been busted.

user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl

You need to search the forums and look for PoA Samples, the one you have posted above is unreadable. It needs both formatting and content changes

user profile
Seller_uzpbrV5G4C9y1

My account was suspended and I need help with my POA. Please see below and let me know if you think this is good enough for Amazon to reactivate my account. I sold items that I was not the brand owner and could not provide invoices. I bought the items from Bestbuy.

What was the root cause that led to the issue? I was not able to provide documentation that proved my product to be authentic as I listed items in which I was not the brand owner.

What actions will you take to resolve the issue?

1) I have deleted the listings and all ASIN’s from my inventory of these items that caused my account to be suspended.

1. I have researched different Brand Authorized Wholesalers whom I can purchase items from.

What steps will you take to prevent future issues?

1) I will only purchase items from valid wholesale sources.

1. I will contact Amazon or go through the correct protocol on Amazon when I have questions regarding items I would like to list, prior to listing those items.

In closing I accept full responsibility in my ignorance of listing items that I am not the brand owner of. My account is currently suspended, and my objective is to provide you with the appropriate information to get my account reactivated.

user profile
Seller_oewHJOFDM7eyN

Poor, IMO. First provide receipts which is all you have for products. Second point one to prevent is good point two delete. Delete conclusion.
Post the letter from Amazon for more/better help.

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

Don’t submit it. It will never work, and Amazon will not tell you why.

What was the root cause that led to the issue? I was not able to provide documentation that proved my product to be authentic as I listed items in which I was not the brand owner.

That is not your root cause. You were reported by someone for selling inauthentic items.

If you cannot bring yourself to say that, it means one of 2 things to Amazon. 1. You have no understanding of what you did, so you most likely continuing to do it. 2. You do not want to admit what you did.

You bought items at Best Buy, marked them up, and sold them to an Amazon Customer. Amazon really frowns on buyers doing this, retail arbitrage.

What actions will you take to resolve the issue?
I have deleted the listings and all ASIN’s from my inventory of these items that caused my account to be suspended.

Well, that resolved nothing, because the problem you are supposed to be correcting, is the method of business you were using. You didn’t even tell Amazon you were going to change, so Amazon knows you are not going to change.

What steps will you take to prevent future issues?

• I have read Amazon’s Product Authenticity and Quality policy in Seller Central.
    Will not help. The problem is your business model, and Amazon doesn’t tell sellers how to run their business.
  • I educated myself with Amazon’s policy to know that it is my responsibility to ensure that all the products I am offering are legal, authorized for sale or re-sale and that they do not violate intellectual property rights.

OK.

• I have researched different Brand Authorized Wholesalers whom I can purchase items from.

All you did was research, worth nothing. What are the names of the manufacturers you have established commercial accounts with. Amazon will want to know.

• I have created a folder to hold all of my receipts and invoices for my purchases, so if there is an issue regarding Authenticity, I will be able to provide Amazon these documents promptly.

- Amazon does not care how you store your IRS records.

- Here again, you are telling Amazon you are keeping recipes, Amazon does not accept receipts as you found out. They only accept commercial invoices.

- And you are telling Amazon that you are ready for the next time you are suspended…When Amazon wants you to say why it WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.

user profile
Seller_qIY1zDxKNWKmI

Duplicate thread.

user profile
Katie_Amazon_old

Hello @The_Little_Pineapple,

Katie with some helpful tips from Amazon.

My goal here is to give some guidance on the steps to providing a successful appeal for inauthentic claims.

These complaints are taken very seriously to ensure a positive buying experience. A viable appeal with the actions you took to address the issue and how you will prevent similar complaints, proof of authenticity, will be your next step.

In order to provide a more in depth and a viable plan of action, let’s break down parts of the appeal you posted on the forum thread.

You identified the root case as being:

You need to provide additional insight on what led this buyer to believe their item was inauthentic. How was this product not properly sourced? How did you identify your provider sent you inauthentic units? Also, consider if there was any misleading information in the product detail page. Is the product described accurately?

Corrective measure given is:

Deleting a listing may not be the most viable corrective measure, unless you are agreeing the product is inauthentic, but this action does not fix the issue.

This is good as you are stating what changes you have made to your processes. Has this being implemented?

Product invoices serve to illustrate product authenticity. However, if you believe the units on hand are inauthentic, then removing this inventory and replacing it with new inventory would be best corrective measure. Also, provide details about your new supplier.

And the preventative measure you gave is as follows:

What products will you be sourcing from this distributor? How were you able to determine they are a reliable and reputable distributor? Are you confident in the authenticity and quality of their goods?

I suggest looking into ways of identifying how you can confirm the condition and authenticity of the product prior to list,and shipping them out for fulfillment. Moving forward, what quality checks can you establish on the products when sourcing? On the other hand, what process you can improve to make sure your products are listed reliably and accurate? What can your business do to guarantee your products are meeting both yours and your buyer’s expectations?

As far as the invoices, they must be from the last 365, reflect your sales volume during these 365 days, and include your contact information and the suppliers, including name, phone number, address and website. They should be authentic and unaltered.

Keep us posted so the community and I can assist you further, if needed.

Best,
Katie

user profile
Seller_uzpbrV5G4C9y1

Does anyone have a link for Amazons policy where they state they can hold your funds indefinitely if you do not buy products from the manufacture or distributor?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post