user profile
Sign in
user profile

DO NOT WANT TO PAY PLACEMENT FEE.

by Seller_FjP73bpQaH4tu

The placement service fee is completely absurd. While it's nice that Amazon provides such a service for us in general. But if I don't want to pay this fee and don't want to benefit from that service, as a seller, I should have the no-fee placement option to choose. This should be optional. We are already paying the FBA fee, and this extra placement fee significantly restricts our profit margin. Please make this option available as soon as possible and facilitate free shipping. Or turn back to the old system, please. Sellers do not want to pay additional fees for placement. Thanks.

Tags: FBA
4.8K views
90 replies
90 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_NbYSGJ8Tehgbv
In reply to: Seller_FjP73bpQaH4tu's post

I have never paid a placement fee in 10 years on Amazon.

I have seen many forum posts that other sellers are being forced to pay a placement fee...which confuses me.

Maybe a moderator can explain?

user profile
Seller_lCX40xAkSs1xm

Just choose "Amazon-optimized shipment splits" and you won't pay.

user profile
Seller_XQJnQS30Ykxw4

Saw this earlier today, try sending more units/boxes to amazon. This solved our issue and we were able to choose the "Amazon-optimized shipment splits." I guess they want us to send more so they can save money on their end when transferring between locations

user profile
Seller_WtOwWhtSrFjva

From what I understand, you pay a placement fee or higher shipping fee. Either way they have you.

And they could careless what you want. Pass the fee on to the customer or get off Amazon. Those are your choices.

user profile
Seller_cxQAcsXZ4Ezaj

Create 5 or more boxes with equal number of contents and you get the option to not pay the placement fee.

Took 2 days and lots of forum posts on and off here til it got sorted!

user profile
Seller_VBGbysF588Jvo

Just had our first today. Was a 750 small item shipment, about $40 to ship. They forced us to pay an additional $135 on top to redistribute these shipments, the no fee option was grayed out. May be changing our FBA strategy going further if this is the new normal.

user profile
Seller_0dESdgqxjNKix

EVERYONE RAISE YOUR PRICES NOW. We all know we need to raise our prices. This is how we can respond as sellers. Don't expect Amazon to reverse it. Every year its either a new fee or increase fee and this just got out of hand. Literally I have to raise my product prices a $1. That's fine. I can be content with that because Amazon will not be the cheapest platform offering anymore compared to other selling platforms including your own website. Remember this its our business. Not Amazons. We don't need to fund them going to the moon. We need to fund our employees and families first. Suffer a little, gain a lot more of your own. My example is I use to ship for $12-$13 a box. Today its just under $60 a box for $8.99 product (not anymore). Ok, fine amazon don't split my units. Ship it to Illinois and leave it and ship to customers across the US. That's why we pay you an FBA fee. That's your Prime promise to the customer. That's not ours as sellers. We fulfilled our obligations and complied with your guidelines as sellers. You are passing inflation onto us. Well unfortunately we have to pass those down to our customers too. Folks take a risk increase prices. We wont regret it. Its not our first risk we have taken in our life and in business. Believe in our selves lets do it.

One last thought just out of curiosity. Is this impacting sellers in China that ship directly to US warehouses? Interesting.

user profile
Seller_8uhbDU8jvbHdg

For those who are struggling from the placement fees and all recent surcharges & fees & low inventory fees & FBA fees increase and plan to leave Amazon you may want to read this before .

I think the best solution for now is

Amazon Warehousing and Distribution

Low Storage fees compared to FBA (around -50% compared to FBA but high compared to 3rd party warehouses )

No FBA inbound placement fees ( pay it ounce in the shipment or pay it as an extra storage fees compared to 3rd p warehouses)

No FBA storage-utilization surcharges, ( Good news if you can't predict your sales )

No low-inventory-level costs, ( Good news if you can't predict your sales or inventory )

No storage-overage costs. ( Good news with the inflation and low sales of the nowadays )

When you use AWD non-holiday storage for standard-size units, you save 38% compared to FBA—and you save 80% during the holiday season.*

+ Auto Replenishment from AWD to FBA

This is a good solution to send a pallet or more

I think even small sellers need to push a pallet to join this to waive some limits , surcharges & FEES

For those who use 3rd party warehousing service need to make some math here :))

I smell the old days here did you ? or it's a trap ?

What did you think ?

user profile
Seller_JkPoKFr017i2o

I have been forced to pay placement fee for every single shipment. No other options are available. Seller support has not been helpful.

We should have options

user profile
Seller_AbGYXKUuPRhwb

at some point one should probably realize it's time to dropped out of labor force.

Go to original post