user profile
Sign in
user profile

Improve Customer Experience (CX) with Voice of the Customer (VOC) Dashboard

by Micah_Amazon

It is often difficult to make products that we are confident customers will enjoy using. Even when this is achieved, we don’t always have a grasp of what the Customer feedback is regarding these products. The VOC Dashboard helps to close this gap by sharing customer feedback and providing a tailored list of recommendations to target defects, which leads to happier loyal customers.

Meet Jessica, a dedicated product manager in the beauty industry. In pursuit of elevating her hair care product line, Jessica encountered a challenge that would reshape the brand's approach to product enhancement.

The industry's latest offering, the hair dryer, received a mix of opinions and comments. Jessica was unsure where exactly to concentrate her efforts. The varying feedback left her in a state of confusion, highlighting the need to pinpoint the right areas for improvement.

Customer experience (CX) health:

Amid this challenge, Jessica discovered the potential of the VOC Dashboard—a tool that provides a deep dive into customer experiences. The "Customer Experience (CX) Health" metric instantly caught Jessica's attention. The CX Health metric categorizes customer experiences as excellent, good, fair, poor, or very poor across all products.

Upon exploring the VOC Dashboard, Jessica noticed a consistent "poor" rating for the hair dryer due to reported issues. This provides a clear focus for further investigation.

Deep Dive:

Selecting the "poor" rating, Jessica reviewed detailed customer feedback. Here, a recurring theme emerged—complaints about the hair dryer's noise level and uneven heating which lead to negative customer experience (NCX). By delving further, Jessica uncovered the root causes driving these customer issues.

Root cause insights definition:

The VOC Dashboard identified the top complaint drivers in negative customer experiences (NCX), and focused on two main issues: 1) Noise- which was attributed to motor vibrations in the hair dryer, and 2) Heating- specifically uneven heat distribution due to a design flaw in the heating element.

Armed with these insights and incorporating customer feedback, Jessica formulated a comprehensive strategy. Jessica’s engineering team promptly addressed the top complaint driver, the motor vibration issue, with the goal of reducing noise. Simultaneously, Jessica’s design team reworked the heating element to ensure even heat distribution.

Recommended actions:

The VOC Dashboard also recommended several actions, including removing damaged or mislabeled inventory, updating the product detail page, reviewing a help page, and watching a training video for handling defective items or cases of wrong items being sent. Jessica shared this video with her team which enabled them to implement best practices.

The VOC Dashboard's guidance proved invaluable. Jessica’s engineering team successfully resolved the motor vibration issue which significantly reduced the noise during operation. The design adjustments for heat distribution improved the overall drying experience.

Thanks to Jessica's proactive approach guided by the VOC Dashboard insights, the hair dryer underwent a transformation in customer sentiment.

CTA link

To know more about Voice of The Customer please check help pages.

Tags: Buyer messages, Buyer product questions, Customer, Negative reviews, Product reviews
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Cooper_Amazon
In reply to: Micah_Amazon's post

This is a great in-depth explanation of the VOC Dashboard, @Micah_Amazon! Thanks for sharing! 🙌 ~ Cooper_Amazon

user profile
Seller_kuB5tSn8ynOiI

If we only had access at our account and not have been deactivated for 43 days due the MasterCard "glitch", or what we call bad programming.

user profile
Seller_otDFihTxKiDRD

Amazon has apparently mistakenly called sellers customers lately. How about the voice of us as customers? Hahaha. No one actually listens to us anyway. Fraudulent returns? Price fixing bots? These are things Amazon could look at fixing immediately. Along with marking books with different publishers as duplicates.

I will skip right over the VOX and CX BS. Thanks though.

MJ

user profile
Seller_iobipI6xASRkh

@Micah_Amazonhere's my question with that.

We sell something that does not have sizing and specifies the measurements on the listing. I have had 2 returns in the 3 months of one product (ASIN was made 3 months ago), and one of them put the reason as the return as "too large". Since it is not clothing or anything that has sizing, there is no "too large" for this category. Now it shows that 100% of the top NCX reason for returns is "too large" which isn't even a thing. Because the other one didn't leave a comment and selected "didn't want" it disregarded it?

A little off on the math there because 100% is not too large. At most, it would be 50% and given that it is not viable in this category, why is that the reason?

Another one said it was damaged when it arrived and now I have one that says 100% damaged item. Again, only one return said this and now it says it is everyone.

I track every return and every reason for return through FBA return reporting, so I have my own spreadsheet on any potential manufacturing issues (since we are also the manufacturer) and nothing about this algorithm makes any sense and so far all I can see is false data.

Potentially, this could be a very useful tool. However, it would have to track factual options for returns (not whatever the customer clicks) and have percentages based off of actual data, not assume the rest who did not leave comments were all the same reason.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post