user profile
Sign in
user profile

Review your business information for upcoming INFORM Act requirements

by News_Amazon

We are committed to a trustworthy shopping experience for both you and customers. To uphold this standard, we will collect and verify certain business information from you at least annually, including information required by the US INFORM Consumers Act.

Starting in April 2024, if you have 200 or more transactions or $5,000 or more in revenues during a continuous 12-month period, you will receive a formal notification to review and certify that your business information is correct. However, you do not need to wait to receive the formal notification, and can take action now to avoid the risk of account deactivation later that could affect your upcoming sales events.

We recommend that you go to your Account Health page and click Review your account information under the Priority actions section to review today and, if necessary, update your business information.

If your information is up to date, or if you have just updated it, proceed to the next step – the Notice and Certification page – to complete your certification. Once you view this page, the law requires you to certify your information within 10 days.

It only takes a few minutes to certify so you can take action today.

Although you will need to certify that your information is up to date at least annually, you should keep your business information current at all times, and you can update your information anytime by going to your Account Information page in Seller Central.

For answers to frequently asked questions, go to About the INFORM Consumers Act or contact Selling Partner Support.

Tags: News and Announcements
34 replies
34 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_AXC06kcsKI1qG
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

user profile
News_Amazon
Show post
Starting in April 2024

Wouldn't this NEWS article be better off released in MARCH instead of May? Who's in charge of this..geeze

user profile
Seller_vAO7vMjT4iuJn

It is troubling that the way the notices come in and the alerts in the console are so threatening. It really is just a routine matter and the "YOUR ACCOUNT IS AT RISK OF DEACTIVATION!" style alerts is pretty offensive.

user profile
Seller_ENBrTBTSn3PDq

As they say....."Day Late, Dollar $hort. This is Amazon living up to it's reputation. First YOU do it , then I will tell you how.

I totally agree with @Seller_AXC06kcsKI1qG

user profile
Seller_EB8wZ98VS7oUl

Amazon folks, our account was deactivated with all our inventory stranding for fifteen days waiting for a letter from Amazon with a code to re-confirm our business address. We had to request the card twice because it was always saying it was "Dispatched" but not delivered. I suggest you to send these things through UPS/FEDEX instead. Making a business inactive for 5% of the year to comply with your bureaucracy is at least ridiculous. You are already hitting small businesses too hard with fee increases while Amazon overall profits tripled in the last quarter. Sending this to us using a fast mail service won't hurt your beautiful profits that much. Thanks.

user profile
Seller_r9wMm8LrE5iKj

Nope, can't, not an option yet:

user profile
News_Amazon
Show post
you do not need to wait to receive the formal notification, and can take action now

And I'm really curious why this is a legal requirement and yet no other platform (a) requires this or (b) doxxes their sellers by posting this info.

And this only parses: "a trustworthy shopping experience for ... you" if we trust the platform and/or the overcoddled and underdisciplined buyers/bad actors. So, you've failed at least one of us on that account.

user profile
Seller_HEicJvaOyRywI

I submitted my bank statement more than 7 days ago but still not verified yet?? Plz check

user profile
Seller_LNJFmZMu35XYb

it's just a slogan.it's an act to foll Congress.

we found the sellers are using fake business address in Amazon seller INFORM.still legal.report to Amazon.we got a cope and paste...machine reply.so,please not serious on this policy.Congresss is serious.Amazon is not serious....lol

user profile
Seller_IwLIVjpRfXVyy

Ok, I'm game for updating what you need but, how am I supposed to go ahead and do that if the button, or sequence of buttons are not available yet?

I'm confused Amazon, please advise.

user profile
Seller_acaaLlMeNCqM0

the day before I was asked for my information, my entire account balance was transferred to reserve. the next day I was asked for my information and I verified all my information. i have been waiting for ten days for my money to be transferred from reserve to my bank. but my money is still in reserve. is this because of this verification?

user profile
Seller_XQqn728MKfPmQ

Didn't we just go through this last month, or before that? I'm so confused right now.

Go to original post