user profile
Sign in
user profile

Custom products no longer eligible for returns

by News_Amazon

Starting February 15, 2023, custom and personalized products purchased on Amazon will no longer be eligible for returns.

We know it can be difficult to accept returns of customized products as they may be hard to reuse or resell. This policy makes it clear to customers that their customized product purchases are final and saves you from manually authorizing returns requests.

Custom products ineligible for returns include those that are made to order or personalized with names, designs, or inscriptions. For more information on product customization, go to Amazon Custom.

To learn more about items eligible for returns, go to About Our Returns Policies.

Tags: News and Announcements
2.2K views
72 replies
72 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_tRKZ3hY3Q3tMQ
In reply to: News_Amazon's post
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_z1JDNz6de1lqc

Now apply to all products sold on Amazon just think of how much waste is produced by Amazons current garbage return policy. Or give sellers option to make is all sales final. I would gladly sell less items just to not to have to deal with these return customers who are still claiming did not approve on items purchased back in November because of Amazons basically Free rental 100 day 1/3 of a year holiday return policy.

user profile
Seller_ALZGvM9vhFf03

That is a pointless policy. Customers will leverage ODR, product reviews, etc to get what they want because "font is too small" or they "ordered by mistake" while uploading three images, placing three texts, etc.

user profile
Seller_1d7laBljLQUSq

Buyers/customers are too privileged these days getting away with too many ridiculous demands.. will rate one star just because they are having a bad day

user profile
Seller_3FTFzTRHTfUsS

This is a useless policy and it will create more problems than solutions. Customers will now open cases which will directly hurt the sellers even further. Here comes high ODR and more negative feedbacks. Great job Amazon.

user profile
Seller_oaRU9oxEaQxPL

Curious how items that are damaged in transit will be handled.

It sounds like if an ASIN is enrolled into customization, return requests are not possible. So if a custom item is damaged in transit, will the buyer need to contact Amazon Customer Service? Will Amazon CS be able to raise a replacement order, or will everything have to be handled via the messaging system?

user profile
Seller_4CmLosfHFS0Od

Can I get an AMEN! :)

user profile
Seller_LAigNSQBmElpV

Great! Now how about we get the rest of returns back to some reasonable system. Maybe like it used to be where we could wait till they arrived and check them over and THEN process a refund. I mean, really? Was it such a problem for Amazon? When you hear just how many retailers out there are toughening up on their returns policies, maybe it is time Amazon did the same.

user profile
Seller_ynT9EBcDZ6aY3

what about sellers who pretend to be buyers and buy all our stock and know they don't have to return and ask for a refund. I'm suspecting this has happened to me. Twice, someone orded all my stock and then requested a refund and the product was not returned.

user profile
Seller_Lhyc1nDKs1ZCC

We sell a lot of customized products and all have been registered as outside of the automatic return policy. Concerned about the statement "saves you from manually authorizing return requests". If we made a customizing error, this was typically the first notice and we are always happy to issue a replacement if we made a typo error. Have concerns this is going to get distorted in the broader and loose Amazon return policy when it is customer error which are the majority of cases.

Go to original post