user profile
Sign in
user profile

Prepare for August 31 migration from Marketplace Web Service to SP-API

by News_Amazon

On August 31, 2023, we’re discontinuing the Marketplace Web Service (MWS) Merchant Fulfillment, Orders, and Reports API sections. After this date, MWS users won’t be able to retrieve data from these sections.

If you use any of these API sections, you must migrate from MWS to SP-API or replace your private app with a third-party app by August 31 to avoid disruption to your business automation.

Using SP-API will help you grow your business through increased selling efficiency, reduced labor requirements, and improved response time to customers.

Effective April 1, 2024, all other remaining MWS API sections will be discontinued.

To find vetted, high-quality third-party apps to replace existing MWS integrations, go to Amazon Selling Partner Appstore.

For more information, go to SP-API Migration Hub.

Tags: News and Announcements
15 replies
15 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_YQ0E8V9UZGMAr
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Could you explain to me what this means? The Parnassus BookShop [Moderator Edit: removed personal data]

user profile
Seller_52pUzzgnsLDGs
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_h9eouaekLrHAj

I don't understand this MWS stuff

On August 31, 2023, we’re discontinuing the Marketplace Web Service (MWS) Merchant Fulfillment, Orders, and Reports API sections. After this date, MWS users won’t be able to retrieve data from these sections.

user profile
Seller_pNjOVnF8a0aBi

For example, a lot of us with dozens of orders per day (we are at about 100) have used the AMTU for years as it simplifies things. Amazon Merchant Transport Utility. All orders flow down to us within minutes, and our shipping notifications go back up in seconds. We also get the biweekly settlement report automatically.

AMTU is MWS-based.

Last time I looked, no third party was offering something so simple. All wanted to involve shipping, etc.

user profile
Seller_UpOoQYspsAevl

Helpful news article. Switching over from MWS to SP-API.

Do you offer a client library for the SP-API in Node or Python? Didn't see on Github.

user profile
Seller_DtbERTYJ0aE5A

So if we are merely using your website for all of this information, am I to understand that we will still have access to it?

user profile
Seller_3jKXhYyd3shI1

So is this saying I can't use the website any more and I have to use some kind of app???? Please explain what this means.

user profile
Seller_RG38lIjmjnurZ

This is unintelligible. Why is it that all Amazon correspondence contains technical names that are never explained: WHAT is MWS, API, SP-API ?? Why can't you find someone to write notifications in simple English?

user profile
Seller_ov7tPznFfbE6R

Come on, Amazon.... Think once....just T H I N K !!

Would your mother understand what you just wrote in this acnnouncement? Of course not. Mine wouldn't either. Can't you see the confusion this causes among sellers? I've got 20 years of software development under my belt, and I'd be embarrassed beyond belief if I published a document like this, intended for general consumption.

At least give a preface paragraph explaining whom this is intended for.....sheeeeesh !!!

user profile
Seller_cdeTb6UCpWNn0

API is the acronym for application programming interface

SP-API is a suite of REST-based APIs that provides Amazon selling partners programmatic access to their Amazon Seller Central account data

MWS Marketplace Web Service

And, NO, I have no idea how this will impact me or my company selling on Amazon.

Go to original post