user profile
Sign in
user profile

New product listing attributes required for new listings as of August 16

by News_Amazon

Effective August 16, 2023, 274 attributes for 200 product types will be required for new product listings. Go to Product type and attributes for the full list.

Providing attribute information can help increase sales by making it easier for customers to search for product information that improves their purchase decisions.

We periodically review listing requirements for the most popular product types to ensure listings contain relevant attribute information that will help customers make a buying decision.

All new listings for the affected product types will require valid attribute values or the product won’t be added to the catalog. This attribute information isn't required for active listings.

If you have an inactive listing and want to publish it, go to Manage Inventory, filter for affected product types, and update the attributes.

To troubleshoot listing errors, go to Error code explanations.

Tags: News and Announcements
14 replies
14 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_z1JDNz6de1lqc
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

This attribute information isn't required for active listings until one day it is and listings taken down right?

user profile
Seller_roNdLQpqbVoOH

user profile
News_Amazon
Show post

Go to Product type and attributes for the full list.

OK, we click here, then we click there, then we are presented with a DOWNLOAD of a spreadsheet that is barely readable in its format.

Why can't you just show us the list??? Typical Amazon hoop-jumping.

I would say "do better," but I doubt you can.

user profile
Seller_AXC06kcsKI1qG

When ever this happens you can be sure a lot of items will become Search Suppressed.

They say it's for NEW items - but once you edit/update an old listing the validation of fields will occur.

user profile
Seller_fES06yRlGgMc4

Gotta love it:

TOILET_PAPER: recommended_uses_for_product:

Makes perfect sense. The class of buyer Amazon has been drawing lately would seem to need help becoming familiar with such a product.

user profile
Seller_52pUzzgnsLDGs

We need a list of the changes. Waiting until a listing is suppressed is absolutely ridiculous.

user profile
Seller_kWzASERYhgus6

regarding SKIN_MOISTURIZER - active_ingredients

Amazon really should consult with a lawyer about FDA regulations regarding portraying products as drugs. Active Ingredients are for DRUGS. Lotions are COSMETICS. Forcing me to put anything as an "active ingredient" exposes me to regulatory risk.

So thanks for "helping" my business by creating legal problems. I will have to delist all my skin moisturizers I guess.

Same for ESSENTIAL_OIL - active_ingredients

Essential oils are almost never DRUGS, they are sold as supplements, or specifically not to be ingested or applied to the body - as in oils for diffusers.

Also - have you fixed the scent field import where the catalog decides to edit scent names to make them "more recognizable"? This "feature" had the effect of changing 10 different products scent names to "Coconut" last time I tried to populate that field.

ESSENTIAL_OIL scent

SKIN_MOISTURIZER scent

user profile
Seller_qMgi7qxvEo7f1

I have no idea what this is, but sounds like something confusing that makes sellers lives worse. Just like all the changes on the platform. :-(

"The full list" should be a link to a PDF. Not XLS or whatever. Even if I can open an XLS, it's always a complete mess and I can't tell what's going on with that...

user profile
Seller_1CZ9mVONts9nx

It's ONLY for new listings people. Your old listing will never go offline for not having these updated. When has Amazon ever did such a thing?

user profile
Seller_bLpzUne3tRjkG

Whew! Books aren't listed. :)

user profile
Jim_Amazon

Hi Sellers,

There were numerous points brought up about the format of the spreadsheet and it being a bit tough to read.

I want to thank all of you for your thoughts on this and will be surfacing your feedback to the team in charge of this to hopefully make things a bit easier on you all!

-Jim

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post