user profile
Sign in
user profile

Anyone understand new FBA Inbounding

by Seller_vANS7wDPnrz2u

Hi,

I know this has been spoken about at length already on these forums, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to create shipment plans that allow me to choose Amazon Optimized placement, and am looking for advice. Every time I create shipments, they only allow me to choose minimal or partial placement, and the fees are way too high.

I have tried inbounding several different ways over the last two weeks, and never once have I been able to get the inbound page to offer Amazon Optimized placement as an option so that I don't have to pay the extremely high new placement fees. In short, it doesn't make fiscal sense for me to send this inventory into FBA if I have to pay all of these extra placement fees, the margin just doesn't end up high enough when you factor in all of the other Amazon fees, and headaches.

I guess the biggest issue is that I don't understand Amazon's goal with this. Do they want us to ship smaller quantities in more boxes? Do they want us to ship very high amounts of inventory in at once? I think if I understood the goal better I could navigate this.

Does anyone have advice on how to create inbound shipments that don't incur the extra fees?

Tags: FBA
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_z3XfkorVSmnEY
In reply to: Seller_vANS7wDPnrz2u's post

There are multiple threads on this topic....just scroll through recent forum topics to see. My takeaways (from reading the forums and doing many shipments since it was implemented):

+ just when you figure it out -- it will change

+ typically larger volume of units and shipping boxes will yield a no placement fee option

+ the no placement fee option isn't always cheaper than the shipping fee option. Just did a shipment with 24 shipping boxes. No Placement fee option (going to 5 warehouses mostly across the country) was $120 more than the shipping + placement fee to 3 warehouses closer to our location.

user profile
KJ_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_vANS7wDPnrz2u's post

Hello @Seller_vANS7wDPnrz2u

2024 FBA inbound placement service fee

Factors that affect the number of inbound options include the following:

• Whether your shipment includes a mix of standard-size items, non-standard-size items, or special handling categories
  • Whether each box contains the same mix and quantities of SKUs
  • Quantities and number of boxes for each item
  • Geographical demand

To maximize the number of inbound options, try the following:

• Create separate shipments for standard-size items, non-standard-size items, and each special handling category
  • Ensure that the item mix and item quantities are equal across all boxes
  • Increase the number of boxes
There are no more posts to display
Go to original post