user profile
Sign in
user profile

Strange Phone Call from Amazon Customer Service 206-922-0880

by Seller_NctDdErkwqStj

I just had a call from Amazon customer service phone number 206-922-0880. The rep was calling on behalf of a customer regarding an FBA item that was damaged upon receipt. The rep wanted to know if I could assure that a replacement item wouldn’t be damaged. Isn’t that the responsibility of the workers in the Amazon fulfillment centers? Of course it is. If there’s damaged product, then don’t ship it. Our seller account is notified when an FBA product of ours cannot be fulfilled and have the option to create a removal request and have it sent back to our facility. I basically had to explain to the rep that Amazon is responsible for replacing a damaged FBA items that customers receive. Amazon is responsible for all customer service activity in general regarding FBA items. It was really strange that I had to explain the general concept behind Amazon fulfillment centers to the rep. Haha, wow.

Tags: FBA, Fulfillment, Fulfillment center, INR (item not received)
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_wwjGNuXJamzLG
In reply to: Seller_NctDdErkwqStj's post

In AMZ’s opinion, it’s a packaging problem. They figure that some amount of drops or slams is normal in a warehouse, and want you to package the items more carefully, because they can’t guarantee the exact handling of the items or what other items they’ll be placed next to.

user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE
In reply to: Seller_NctDdErkwqStj's post

If you pay for Amazon Prep it is Amazon’s responsibility. But if you prep your own items you have to insure that it meets the Amazon drop test. When you prep your own items it becomes a shared responsibility between you and Amazon to insure the items arrive safely, so don’t skimp on the bubble wrap to save $0.25.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post