user profile
Sign in
user profile

Account Health Rating -- how can I *improve* score?

by Seller_8hgBcMr51wjub

There is a lot of information on how to not lower the AHR, but none on how to improve it. I follow all guidelines and don’t break policy but I’m sitting at 208. Seems odd.

Edit: Found some information actually, but any tips on what works the best to improve score?

Tags: Account Health
7 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw
In reply to: Seller_8hgBcMr51wjub's post

From what little I’ve read, if you’re doing things right, the only way to improve your score is to sell more volume.
But anything over 200 is “Good”. There is no need to worry, as long as you are doing right. If you concentrate on the things that are best for your business, rather than what moves some arbitrary score, you’ll do fine. Start concentrating on arbitrary scores, and you may increase them, but at the expense of what would otherwise be good business practice, not to mention profit (which, I assume, is what you’re in this for).

Jump to reply
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT
user profile
Seller_RJpvIZTdVNEC6

You can put your account on vacation and let some time pass. That helps improve score.

Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

From what little I’ve read, if you’re doing things right, the only way to improve your score is to sell more volume.
But anything over 200 is “Good”. There is no need to worry, as long as you are doing right. If you concentrate on the things that are best for your business, rather than what moves some arbitrary score, you’ll do fine. Start concentrating on arbitrary scores, and you may increase them, but at the expense of what would otherwise be good business practice, not to mention profit (which, I assume, is what you’re in this for).

user profile
Seller_q9NrBezBX5PSy

Here’s the Account Health Rating Help page:

Amazon

You should note the last paragraph of that page detailing (sort of) how points are calculated:

Will you share the formula of the AHR scores and the exact point values for violations?

To calculate your AHR, all new sellers start with a score of 200. Points are deducted from your AHR score each time we find a new policy violation, and added back when you successfully address that violation. Point values for each violation are based on severity level and typically range from 2 to 8, though critical violations automatically bring your AHR score to zero. Also, if you violate the same policy multiple times, in some cases negative point values double per repeat violation. To ensure your AHR is evaluated in context of the size of your business, you also gain 4 points for every 200 successful orders you fulfilled over the last 180 days.

We have not displayed the exact point values in the Account Health Dashboard at this time as we focus on learning and inspecting these new features to ensure the AHR offers sellers a best-in-class solution to manage their account health. Our formula and point values may change in the future based on your feedback; we’ll let you know if they do and make sure you have the support you need from us to continue maintaining a healthy account.

That page will also give you the standard language discussing ways to improve your Account Health.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post