user profile
Sign in
user profile

How to Avoid the FBA Inbound Placement Fee

by Seller_mJPXRyMnuCgvz

TO AVOID INBOUND PLACEMENT FEE:

1. Create your shipment with ASINs you want.

2. Choose the option for “multiple boxes will be needed”, and then choose 6 boxes

3. For each ASIN, divide the total number of units by 6

4. Make the first 5 boxes have IDENTICAL quantities. For example, if you have something with 13 units, you’ll enter 2 for the first 5 boxes, and then 3 for the last one to get a total of 13 units.

5. The last box can have a different quantity than the first 5.

6. The 6 boxes are allowed to have varying weights and sizes.

7. You can only have a maximum of 1500 units and 50 SKUs in the whole shipment. If you have 1501 units or 51 units, the "optimized"/free placement option will be unavailable.

From my experience:

-you CANNOT have 5 boxes (I haven’t tried 7, but that would be more expensive so there’s no need)

-you can only vary the quantities in that one box (the last box, in my terminology).

Tags: Ship to FC, Shipping costs
20 replies
20 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_8sP6ffckcRn6v
In reply to: Seller_mJPXRyMnuCgvz's post

In my experience whenever I send a high amount of cases, there is no placement fee. I did not pay attention what number that is.

Thank you for pointing out the number 6.

Good to know going forward.

user profile
Seller_PgPO1RrhvIiPA

Thanks, we have this collected so far.

Although, I prioritized the Packing Template option for flexibility (to minimize the reduction of backend reloads and manual data entry/backend data log in case the $0 placement fee isn't available the first time).

user profile
Seller_tAfXR7sVBEoZS

I am glad this has worked for you. I have done something similar and they just sent 5 boxes to the same location and one somewhere else and charged me the placement fee.

I just stopped sending new items to FBA and am changing to FBM until they stop this. It would be more acceptable if they actually received our packages faster now that they are charging us more money. But, they are not investing in employees, clearly.

user profile
Seller_uJo8XNzWYLBfo

So you have to make alot of small shipments with minimal SKU's to avoid it? Than what about the low inventory fee for not getting enough in there?

user profile
Seller_Xm9ZXdbDd6NZw

I have not tried 6 but the number for me is 5 boxes with equal in each.

user profile
Seller_4BUbl9CiOtgjR

I got it worked for 4 boxes. Although no placement fee was charged but the shipping cost was still higher than before as they asked me to send to different locations. However, it is at a manageable level and is much lower compared against the placement fee to be charged.

will try this 6 boxes method next time.

On the other hand, when shipping pallets, I found that picking the shipment placement fee at the nearest location gives us the best overall cost.

user profile
Seller_Ha6JyVvDK6Ybs

Sounds like a hella of a lot of work or best way to avoid the fees simply not to send any fab just think how much you save and way less loss and damage to deal with win win.

user profile
Seller_u9jaqtgv74PHA

I sent two shipments to Amazon this month with no inbound placement fees.

1st: 4 boxes, 1 SKU, to 4 locations

2nd: 8 boxes, 2 SKUs, to 4 locations

user profile
Seller_6ZGnbdEBEOOUV

I've tried this and it didn't work for me. I will try again. Glad to see someone has had luck!

user profile
Seller_zinnr9HADdMb2

Good luck, we have spent hours setting up 5 identical boxes to only have Amazon refuse to remove the placement fees. What is happening is that the system does not like certain ASIN to be included in a shipment and in those cases, they will refuse to remove the placement fees BUT they will not tell you the ASINs that are stopping the shipment from accepting teh $0 placement fee.

GOOD LUCK! This is ridiculous!

Go to original post