user profile
Sign in
user profile

Changes to dietary supplements policy

by News_Amazon

We’ve updated the policy on dietary supplements to meet safety standards in our store. Effective April 2, 2024, dietary supplement products need to be verified through a third-party Testing, Inspection, and Certification (TIC) organization.

The Manage Your Compliance dashboard shows listings for dietary supplements that require your action along with the due dates under Compliance status. Listings may be subject to removal if they are not confirmed as being compliant with our policy by the specified due date.

To ensure that your listings are compliant with our policy, you must use the Manage Your Compliance dashboard to initiate a test for each product with one of the third-party TIC organizations. Once testing is requested, you’ll work directly with the third-party TIC organization to complete the testing of your products. For testing instructions, go to the Manage Your Compliance dashboard and select Add or appeal compliance.

Once we receive a test result that confirms compliance with our policy, your product will be eligible for sale on Amazon.

We will host a live webinar on April 17, 2024, at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time to cover Amazon’s policy on selling dietary supplements and to answer any of your questions.

Register here for the webinar

For more information, go to Dietary supplements.

Tags: News and Announcements
100 replies
100 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_oJY2X570rx42E
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Of course, the problem is the Amazon bots frequently label regularly grocery items as dietary supplements in error.

user profile
Seller_r7vALkAuZ93lo

does this include animal supplements?

user profile
Seller_YKLpQ70xDuwk1

My opinion :This policy now only applies to those products that require compliance(weight loss ,sexul enhance ,sport nutrient), not all dietary supplements.Be verified through a third-party Testing, Inspection, and Certification (TIC) organization rather than solely relying on ISO/IEC 17025 accredited labs, represents a significant shift in their approach to ensuring product quality and safety. This change has implications for sellers ,and the dietary supplements industry as a whole on Amazon .

1.Potential for Higher Costs

2.Transparency and Information Access

3.Barrier to Entry for Smaller Brands

user profile
Seller_r9wMm8LrE5iKj

Would I bet this is the top reason, and that Amazon has started stocking and selling a larger percentage of supplements (and my not subject themselves to the same stringent rules, as I've discovered when they've started counterfeiting our items):

user profile
Seller_YKLpQ70xDuwk1
Show post
Barrier to Entry for Smaller Brands
user profile
Seller_IZ2OuLIRU25XZ

Is there a way to proactively upload these documents to prevent disruptions to your listings? I've never understood why we need to wait for Amazon to pull down listings in order to provide the documentation they want. Listings will go down for 3-5 days minimum even if you have the documents immediately ready to submit.

user profile
Seller_S73kEdwzPz0zD

I'm confused. Is the ISO LAB COA no longer required? Do they now need a COA with contaminant screening? And is GMP certification still mandatory?

user profile
Seller_a1CZqtxdXTdW5

Does this policy only apply to weight loss/sexual enhancement/sports nutrients? I see those referenced on the Dietary Supplements page ("includes but not limited to" and "can be marketed for").

I sell a lot of supplements (multivitamins, Vitamin D, calcium, etc) and want to make sure I get clarification before placing another order. I don't have anything listed on my Manage Your Compliance dashboard. I likely won't have the margins to pay for testing (and all of the new fees), so I'm hoping it won't be necessary.

Few more questions:

1) Most of my vitamins are already USP verified. Will this be sufficient? Or will I have to get them re-tested anyways?

2) What if there are 10 sellers selling the same product? Will all 10 sellers have to get the same product tested? If so, this seems like a huge waste of time and money.

3) This policy is effective immediately (surprise, everyone!), with no warning? And Amazon won't be taking questions for two weeks? Seriously?

user profile
Seller_7M18SD6Plm5Ih

ALL of our listings have been temporarily deactivated due to this despite already having a COA/ISO from EUROFINS.

Does anyone know if we already HAVE Eurofins lab work if they are letting this become reinstated without having to spend more money and having our product retested? How is this even fair?

user profile
Seller_KYibejblLVESl

Does this include dog supplements?

user profile
Seller_uHQ0gA4m5rY3l

Has any seller Received Response from Lab after applying?

I have applied 3 days before and no update yet.

Go to original post