Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_otDFihTxKiDRD

Another fresh screw up for Amazon- Moving Books to New Categories to Charge More in Fees

What the HE##### is wrong with Amazon programmers or managers???

I sell BOOKS. It's not confusing. They are BOOKS. They are not toys. They are not household goods. They have no business being moved to any other category out of Media. Books. Books. Frigging Books.

This report indicates multiple books will be moved.

Right now there are only 5 on my list. How many more will be moved in the coming months of cockups with Amazon's proven record of screwing things up??

Why should I or any other MEDIA seller need to take additional steps to fix crap like this????

Disgusted,

MJ, the grumpier bookseller

13 replies
Tags:Inventory
13 replies
user profile
Seller_ITSm6TMeixAhB

@Seller_otDFihTxKiDRD

Yep just received in the email .. fortunately only 3 books are currently listed .. this is classic.

I never understand why there is no cross referencing/checking/quality control by Amazon's tech support to see if an item now designated as "Jewelry" is not .. rather it's a book from April1992 by the late romance author Rebecca Winters (The Marriage Bracelet) with ISBN First Edition ISBN: 0373031920/ISBN13: 9780373031924

The other two books are designated in .. Toys and Games (Desert Affair) and in. Business/Industrial/Science (The Other Miss Donne) .. at least the "Jewelry" is an understandable mistake .. these two titles have me scratching my head .. again both are vintage romances.

Never dull .. usually infuriating .. and why odds are unless actually corrected "soon" by Amazon's Einsteins .. I will most likely port these titles to the Bay .. just grateful it's only 3 titles .. so far .. sigh.

Best of luck to all who receive this email. .. KJ @Seller_ITSm6TMeixAhB

user profile
Seller_XSqPquQH4FvW1

I got the email. After jumping through a few hoops, I found that a 6th grade math textbook has been reclassified as Office Supplies, apparently because a bot noticed that the description says it can teach kids about personal finance. It could be worse. A while back, I found out by accident that one of my books had been renamed and classified as a cell phone accessory.

If I get any really weird ones, I will just delete the book, rather than trying to deal with seller support.

user profile
Seller_keSnEDesLFVwv

user profile
Seller_otDFihTxKiDRD
the grumpier bookseller
View post

That is a very high bar.

user profile
Seller_keSnEDesLFVwv

user profile
Seller_XSqPquQH4FvW1
I found that a 6th grade math textbook has been reclassified as Office Supplies, apparently because a bot noticed that the description says it can teach kids about personal finance.
View post

My dozen copies of the C*nt Coloring Book will be joining it in office supplies. I cannot imagine why.

These, of course, will not be eligible for media mail or BPM. This is another pile of books to transfer to eBay.

user profile
Seller_NxPuqak8YNJEF

Please do not insult the chimpanzees in the tech department who write the programming. They already miss the jungles they were abducted from and are embarrassed enough by the low-quality work that they have to do. Be patient with the programmers and let their trainers give them more training. In the meantime, have a banana and be glad you aren't in a cage in the Amazon technical department.

user profile
Seller_xwzQL0khly72e

Everything about selling books now is a nightmare. We are being forced into a poorly implemented system that randomly does not allow media mail (the only shipping method even remotely feasible under Standard shipping), inability to fix even blatant errors on books pages, decades-old corruption of the "product description" field with individual seller condition descriptions and recategorizing books as games and other miscellaneous categories; also not allowing shipping by media mail. Don't get me started on hideously designed data entry and review pages. It's almost as if a team of trolls has been hired to kill sales and eliminate profits for Amazon and sellers for large numbers of books. Sad to think this site started with book sales. Really sad.

user profile
Seller_keSnEDesLFVwv

user profile
Seller_9TeQa6npghfEc
but gain on closing cost.
View post

Gain? Please elaborate. I thought that closing costs were 15% either way.

user profile
Seller_dkvNFPkFjSVLg

Got the same email. Out of nearly 20K skus, 19 are impacted.

And of that, 10 are being CORRECTLY moved from other categories into the proper media one.

So all in all - I am happy!

10 were corrected and 9 were moved incorrectly. That is a WIN!

I really dont know why some get so grumpy and complain all the time. It is what it is. Amazon IS difficult. Make it work or move on. Working WITHIN the changing landscape is the only way to continue to profit!

user profile
Seller_DBzTQPDCouH9d

Yep. I got this load of carp email too. Absolutely ridiculous. I see in my list that there's a Judy Garland CD re-categorized as jewelry with an over $8 fee??!! W TEE EFF, Amazon??!! I showed this nonsense to my husband and we're both just baffled by the amount of stupidity that goes on here. The only conclusion we've reached is that Amazon is committing crimes against sellers which slips by undetected by our government.

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_otDFihTxKiDRD

Another fresh screw up for Amazon- Moving Books to New Categories to Charge More in Fees

I sell BOOKS. It's not confusing. They are BOOKS. They are not toys. They are not household goods. They have no business being moved to any other category out of Media. Books. Books. Frigging Books.

Right now there are only 5 on my list. How many more will be moved in the coming months of cockups with Amazon's proven record of screwing things up??

Why should I or any other MEDIA seller need to take additional steps to fix crap like this????

Disgusted,

13 replies
user profile

by Seller_otDFihTxKiDRD

Disgusted,

13 replies
13 replies
13 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ITSm6TMeixAhB

@Seller_otDFihTxKiDRD

Yep just received in the email .. fortunately only 3 books are currently listed .. this is classic.

I never understand why there is no cross referencing/checking/quality control by Amazon's tech support to see if an item now designated as "Jewelry" is not .. rather it's a book from April1992 by the late romance author Rebecca Winters (The Marriage Bracelet) with ISBN First Edition ISBN: 0373031920/ISBN13: 9780373031924

The other two books are designated in .. Toys and Games (Desert Affair) and in. Business/Industrial/Science (The Other Miss Donne) .. at least the "Jewelry" is an understandable mistake .. these two titles have me scratching my head .. again both are vintage romances.

Never dull .. usually infuriating .. and why odds are unless actually corrected "soon" by Amazon's Einsteins .. I will most likely port these titles to the Bay .. just grateful it's only 3 titles .. so far .. sigh.

user profile
Seller_XSqPquQH4FvW1

I got the email. After jumping through a few hoops, I found that a 6th grade math textbook has been reclassified as Office Supplies, apparently because a bot noticed that the description says it can teach kids about personal finance. It could be worse. A while back, I found out by accident that one of my books had been renamed and classified as a cell phone accessory.

If I get any really weird ones, I will just delete the book, rather than trying to deal with seller support.

user profile
Seller_keSnEDesLFVwv

user profile
Seller_otDFihTxKiDRD
the grumpier bookseller
View post

That is a very high bar.

user profile
Seller_keSnEDesLFVwv

user profile
Seller_XSqPquQH4FvW1
I found that a 6th grade math textbook has been reclassified as Office Supplies, apparently because a bot noticed that the description says it can teach kids about personal finance.
View post

My dozen copies of the C*nt Coloring Book will be joining it in office supplies. I cannot imagine why.

These, of course, will not be eligible for media mail or BPM. This is another pile of books to transfer to eBay.

user profile
Seller_NxPuqak8YNJEF

Please do not insult the chimpanzees in the tech department who write the programming. They already miss the jungles they were abducted from and are embarrassed enough by the low-quality work that they have to do. Be patient with the programmers and let their trainers give them more training. In the meantime, have a banana and be glad you aren't in a cage in the Amazon technical department.

user profile
Seller_xwzQL0khly72e

Everything about selling books now is a nightmare. We are being forced into a poorly implemented system that randomly does not allow media mail (the only shipping method even remotely feasible under Standard shipping), inability to fix even blatant errors on books pages, decades-old corruption of the "product description" field with individual seller condition descriptions and recategorizing books as games and other miscellaneous categories; also not allowing shipping by media mail. Don't get me started on hideously designed data entry and review pages. It's almost as if a team of trolls has been hired to kill sales and eliminate profits for Amazon and sellers for large numbers of books. Sad to think this site started with book sales. Really sad.

user profile
Seller_keSnEDesLFVwv

user profile
Seller_9TeQa6npghfEc
View post

user profile
Seller_dkvNFPkFjSVLg

And of that, 10 are being CORRECTLY moved from other categories into the proper media one.

I really dont know why some get so grumpy and complain all the time. It is what it is. Amazon IS difficult. Make it work or move on. Working WITHIN the changing landscape is the only way to continue to profit!

user profile
Seller_DBzTQPDCouH9d

Yep. I got this load of carp email too. Absolutely ridiculous. I see in my list that there's a Judy Garland CD re-categorized as jewelry with an over $8 fee??!! W TEE EFF, Amazon??!! I showed this nonsense to my husband and we're both just baffled by the amount of stupidity that goes on here. The only conclusion we've reached is that Amazon is committing crimes against sellers which slips by undetected by our government.

user profile
Seller_ITSm6TMeixAhB

@Seller_otDFihTxKiDRD

user profile
Seller_ITSm6TMeixAhB

@Seller_otDFihTxKiDRD

user profile
Seller_XSqPquQH4FvW1

user profile
Seller_XSqPquQH4FvW1

user profile
Seller_keSnEDesLFVwv

user profile
Seller_otDFihTxKiDRD
the grumpier bookseller
View post

That is a very high bar.

user profile
Seller_keSnEDesLFVwv

user profile
Seller_otDFihTxKiDRD
the grumpier bookseller
View post

That is a very high bar.

user profile
Seller_keSnEDesLFVwv

user profile
Seller_XSqPquQH4FvW1
View post

user profile
Seller_keSnEDesLFVwv

user profile
Seller_XSqPquQH4FvW1
View post

user profile
Seller_NxPuqak8YNJEF

user profile
Seller_NxPuqak8YNJEF

user profile
Seller_xwzQL0khly72e

user profile
Seller_xwzQL0khly72e

user profile
Seller_keSnEDesLFVwv

user profile
Seller_9TeQa6npghfEc
View post

user profile
Seller_keSnEDesLFVwv

user profile
Seller_9TeQa6npghfEc
View post

user profile
Seller_dkvNFPkFjSVLg

user profile
Seller_dkvNFPkFjSVLg

user profile
Seller_DBzTQPDCouH9d

user profile
Seller_DBzTQPDCouH9d