user profile
Sign in
user profile

New options to report product detail page image issues

by News_Amazon

This article was updated on 3/29 for clarity

We’re making it easier for you to report issues with images on your product detail page, based on your most common requests.

When you report an issue with your product listing images in Seller Central, you’ll soon be able to select from two new options:

• "Remove images" will allow you to report images on the detail page that don't align with Amazon's product guidelines.
  • "Dispute main detail page image" will allow you to open a case to investigate why your images are not showing on the detail page. 

These new options will allow our Selling Partner Support team to quickly and accurately investigate and resolve issues with images. 

The changes will roll out to all US sellers in the coming weeks. For more information, go to Suggest changes to your product detail page.

Tags: News and Announcements
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_gcr2AiHuLtKqe
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

I have tried for years (literally) to get Amazon to remove the photos from items that were causing customer confusion. I sent attached emails from customers as well as proof that the photo being used was misleading but Amazon refuses to change it. They claim the manufacturer is the only one who can change the photos but the manufacturer doesn't create these listings and has no access to change them so it just leads to more poor buying experiences on Amazon because of their inability to correct a simple photo.

user profile
Seller_7MkPDfvuAAs55

This will be WONDERFUL if it actually makes changes! It is so frustrating to create a listing only to have another seller change the images to a completely different color unrelated to the description so they can hijack the listing! Other sellers are unaware and ship what they had listed under the original color. It's worse for FBA sellers! If a seller isn't authorized to LIST under a manufacturer they should NOT be able to change any information on a listing.

user profile
Seller_Ajdap76P93Kv9

Hopefully this wotkflow will work. I have been on the phone for countless hours trying to undo sabotage on product pages that other sellers would do once they stopped selling the item. Hopefully they dont have gatekeepers to approve images as well. There have been instances where someone or some seller somehow claimed to be an authorized agent of a clothing brand and would gatekeep changes.

user profile
Seller_r9wMm8LrE5iKj

Maybe make a mention of where this workflow starts?

user profile
Seller_9sQjb8SVGz55R

Thank you! This was needed many years ago, but better late than never! Will this new workflow live under Support> Fix a Product Page?

user profile
Seller_ZwpXEcrUrKNHY

There are incorrect images that have been placed on dozens of our listings in the last two years. NOTHING has ever been done to correct even ONE of these glaring errors. It remains to be seen if this 'new awesome process' has any affect on these issues going forward. Just another Amazon 'improvement' that disintegrates into thin air

user profile
Seller_3L9aVqna2NSNs

Where do we access the workflow? How is the most important piece of information ommitted from this news?

user profile
Seller_T9kM09IWecfG3

Thanks for letting us know where to access this new workflow.

user profile
Seller_3L9aVqna2NSNs

Where do we access this? I need to escalate a photo the bots are blocking. I do not have an option "Dispute Main Detail Page Image' under sesu help fix a product page>image.

user profile
Jim_Amazon

Hi folks,

I wanted to jump in to provide clarity to a commonly asked question in this thread:

Where do we access the workflow?

To access the workflow, go to Suggest changes to your product detail page and follow the prompts in the self-service tool. We’ll work with the team to update the original article with this information, too.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post