user profile
Sign in
user profile

Watch this Brand Hijacking in Progress

by Seller_6gxmduAZ4G44b

I am a manufacturer and offer this item via Amazon Custom program. This means we make the product and customize it and no other seller can sell it or jump on the listing. So the Sales History on our asin will not have any other seller, just us as we are the only ones who make the item. We are one of the old-timers here, selling on Amazon since 2012. We have over 10 brands, some already in the brand registry, others in the progress of being brand registered.

We are on The List. Not the list you want to be on. It's the list of ASINs with good reviews where a Black Hat Hacker ( with Vendor Central Account ) has the ability to overwrite the Brand, the Title, the Bullet Points and Description. Subsequently deactivates the ASIN and merges that ASIN as hidden child variation into an unrelated - 99.999% Chinese product to hijack the reviews that took us years to collect.

OK, here is our most recent ASIN that got hijacked this way.

Here is a link to our Wallet we personalize and customize showing our brand Custom-Engraved-Wallet-by-StockingFactory before it was Brand Hijacked and Brand overwritten several times by the Chinese Black Hat Hijackers

Next we get a notification from our ASIN monitoring software that certain things on this wallet ASIN have been changed without our authorization by a BLACK HAT BRAND HIJACKER

Next I do a waybackmachine capture how the WALLET gets chacked and it's changes

Next we submit appeal to Respective Amazon Team to proof and document that our brand has been maliciously changed by the Black Hat Brand Registered Vendor Central Amazon Hacker and a day later we receive response from the Amazon Team

Next we try to reactivate our listing via Seller Central

but the listing is still HIJACKED BY THE BLACK HAT BRAND "Kipwochin" rangefider AND MERGED AS OUT OF STOCK CHILD VARIATION, so when I try to reactivate it, I get the following error message

Next at this point we know the Black Hat Scammer overwrote our brand so I go and report violation and ask Amazon Team to revert our brand on this wallet back to Custom-Engraved-Wallet-by-StockingFactory and disconnect the HIJACKED CHILD VARIATIONS from the Nebulizer and restore the brands back to their original brands

CASE ID VIA SELLER CENTRAL Case ID: 12640040971

Meanwhile, the Black Hat Brand "Kipwochin" Rangefinder continues to deceive Amazon Customers into thinking the rangefinder has a bunch of positive reviews, merging reviews from our WALLET and other asins who were hijacked like us.

Just go to the listing of the rangefinder by the Black HAT Amazon Seller "Kipwochin"

as of now 4/30/2023 if you click on our WALLET asin

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BZD3MTL6

you will be MAGICALLY TRANSPORTED TO THE RANGEFINDER

WHO IS HIJACKING OUR REVIEWS AND OTHER REVIEWS FROM THE OTHER ASINS

B011LOADFU SOUTHERN Iron On Patch White Border #09 L

B07NF4CVPW Groomsmen Customize Gift Men's Women's Card Case Dads Birthday L

B07HF25WDB with Hook & Loop Tactical Morale Black Version #6 L

B07GMZSTJD Kipwochin The Marsten House Key Tag [ Fright Tags ] L

B073YCD23D Patriotic Emblem Thank You for Your Service Version L

B01MSMWPND School Logo Metal Enamel Costume Pin L

B016UZHREK Medical Brigade OCP Patch - Scorpion W2 L

As you can see these other ASINs have NOTHING to to with the Rangefinder, they have been hijacked like ours to Mislead Amazon Customers into thinking the BLACK HAT BRAND "Kipwochin" Nebulizer has good reviews

Tags: Brand Registry
62 replies
62 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX
In reply to: Seller_6gxmduAZ4G44b's post

I am a manufacturer and offer this item via Amazon Custom program.

Amazon does tout all about how you can register your brand with Amazon for protection, but as you can see, the protection is only as good as Amazon is willing to intervene.

This means we make the product and customize it and no other seller can sell it or jump on the listing.

Well, that is a little questionable. There are thousands of retailers in the USA who can customize products for people. I doubt if you have any USTPO documentation that says you are the only business in the USA who can add customized lettering to a leather product.

We stock hundreds of different lettering fonts and sizes which we use to produce our own products and own no rights to the customization process. However, the finished product, with our brand name on it, in our branded packaging, with our branded warranty, and our branded contact information, is protected under the brand name.

So the Sales History on our asin will not have any other seller, just us as we are the only ones who make the item. We are one of the old-timers here, selling on Amazon since 2012. We have over 10 brands, some already in the brand registry, others in the progress of being brand registered.

Are all 10 of your brands USTPO registered? Amazon Owns 100+ brands on their own venue, most developed from observing what other sellers were making a good profit on.

How two other things come into play. 1. Is the other seller making nd producing the product in another country. A USA registered brand with USTPO only is as good as the boarders on the USA. If the hijacker is in another country, they are not violating anything as fra as international sales go.

2. Now with that said, your listing being manipulated is another entirely different story. Amazon does know this is a problem, and the problem is internal one way or another. Either someone has hacked into the site from down the street where you live, or more likely was paid to make the changes while doing their job working in another country for Amazon.

Don't believe your problem is going to be repaired very quickly. Best of luck.

user profile
Seller_6gxmduAZ4G44b

@Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

The protection is only as good as Amazon is willing to intervene.

Absolutely true!

Amazon Custom Program is pretty great, when you monogram/personalize/customize with custom initials, names, dates that are unique to a customer: think a wedding champagne flutes engraved with the couple's name and the wedding date, that is the sort of customization Amazon qualifies as Amazon Custom Program.

Brand Registry & USPTO Yes, some of our brands are in Brand Registry and in the process of being brand registered, We have applications with USPTO as well.

Yep, you are spot on: Amazon does know this is a problem, and the problem is internal one way or another.

When a Marketplace facilitates:

1. for the Black Hat Contractor to overwrite the Brand on the listing Our Brand Custom-Engraved-Wallet-by-StockingFactory gets changed to Black Hat Brand BS.Neytuel
  2. Then the Black Hat Brand Registered Hacker BS.Neytuel files False Infringement Report on our wallet, which gets the wallet deactivated
  3. The Black Hat Contractor then overwrites the brand again to the 3rd party Black Hat Seller's brand. This time it is the brand "Kipwochin"
  4. Then the black hat Seller (who is a customer of a Black Hat Contractor) merges the deactivated wallet ASIN as inactive variation child listing under their RANGEFINDER, to hijack the Wallet's reviews.
  5. If you go to our wallet ASIN https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NF4CVPW

it will lead you to Black Hat Listing for RANGEFINDER brand "Kipwochin" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BZD3CT45

where this RANGEFINDER Hijacks all of our Wallet's reviews plus other Seller's ASIN's Reviews

user profile
Seller_LTNvvFJ2jqJOv

I have tried not to post anything since NFSE fiasco, but, I feel your pain.

I have had several listings where the black hatter chose my ASIN as a child of their parent listing and stopped me from being able to do anything with the listing except sell.

They do not offer the product, but, because it is popular they try to get free advertising by assuming the brand ownership, even though it is clear that they do not sell it and I am the one that sells, ships etc.

Amazon doesn't care unless you have a large business. Sorry to say.

user profile
Seller_y3stMX41o2Fey

I HAVE BEEN HIJACKED BY THE SAME EXACT SELLER 4 DAYS AGO.

I received 2 intellectual property complaints from them (BS.Neytuel). I appeal with the screen show of their trademark which was nothing to do with our brand/products. Amazon removed the IP complaints right away but the listing remain hijacked. Sadly, nothing I can do, I am still in the process of sorting things out with Amazon.

Hope you the best, don't give up. If I find something helpful, I will surely share it with you.

user profile
Seller_iaIIdCOVI5wXk

How could they change the brand I don't understand.

I'm the brand owner and they did not allow me to change the brandname, they said I have to create the new listing.

Why Amazon do nothing while they can see the listing history?

Hope you can fix it soon.

user profile
Seller_B9cQnbg2oZzCm

Very Thorough post, I hope the Mods can step in for you, this is gut wrenching when it happens.

user profile
Seller_cmUwDpWxVrkPr

It happens to us every week! At list 2 of our listings get Hijacked by the Chinese seller! They change the Title, the Brand and the category of the listing so even when we file the complain with Amazon and the listing is reversed it is not the same as it was and we can not use it to sell the original item, since the Title was changed, the Brand was changed and the category was changed! There is got to be something the Amazon can do to Stop this Hijackers! but they do not?

user profile
Seller_qel0A5uDF5RpS

Same story, many of our child variations are Hijacked by similar CH located sellers.

It's a bit funny even if you are Brand registered, how they continuously hijack the listing for reviews.

Madness

user profile
Seller_lYu3XZvMfxm0F

All these years, and Amazon hasn't closed this exploit. At this point you have to assume the corruption is intentional on the part of mgmt. How does this piracy serve Amazon? That's the puzzling part.

user profile
Seller_6gxmduAZ4G44b
Show post

We are on The List. Not the list you want to be on. It's the list of ASINs with good reviews where a Black Hat Hacker ( with Vendor Central Account ) has the ability to overwrite the Brand, the Title, the Bullet Points and Description. Subsequently deactivates the ASIN and merges that ASIN as hidden child variation into an unrelated - 99.999% Chinese product to hijack the reviews that took us years to collect.

user profile
Seller_xGAbQkdrbM5oB

One of our best selling items has been hijacked 6 different times, always for a nebulizer, once fixed via Amazon it takes just one day to get hijacked again. Amazon states that the listing is "fixed", I always have to then report listing abuse to get my brand corrected, which never gets fully corrected making it easier for the company to go in and do it again. The listings are always hijacked again for the exact same product - nebulizer - under a different company, always in China. Amazon is not taking any corrective action against these companies, thus, it continues. I have had several items hijacked - always with several great reviews, usually hundreds. The latest item was corrected via Amazon, except brand, and I woke up to the items photo with a number 24 in a circle - meaning that you were to receive 24 items for the cost of the single item listing.

Go to original post