user profile
Sign in
user profile

Anyone had luck removing a negative rating (not review)?

by Seller_z9e6kTsdlMXsG

One of my low volume products had a significant USPS delay a few weeks ago. The customer contacted me for a refund which I promptly issued, without even sending him to A-Z, but a few days after this a single negative rating appeared on this product. It is the only rating so product now has one star, despite being of the highest quality possible in its niche. I contacted seller support to inquire about removal since it was most likely dues to USPS, but was told I need to link the transaction the rating stemmed from and I don't see any way to find this out. On further inquiry seller support told me they can't find it out either.

I can't believe this is right, but seems like it may be. All anyone, competitor or otherwise, has to do is leave a negative rating instead of a review and the seller can't see which transaction the rating resulted from, and therefore can't contest it? Not sure why a nefarious actor would bother with a negative review at all, if a rating is stickier. Does anyone know how to find out who left the rating, or ever successfully contested one?

Tags: Customer, Negative reviews, Product reviews, Refunds
12 replies
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7kHeDoyCrs2Hc
In reply to: Seller_z9e6kTsdlMXsG's post

We have a same issue. Have a 1 Star Rating (not a product review or seller feedback) and there is no way to find out who left the rating or even what day it was posted. It's simply a rating with nothing else being shown shown.

user profile
Seller_4HsL3GZbyDLea

I have never seen Amazon remove one of my product reviews that I asked them to. They have removed reviews on their own. But not at my request.

As soon as I list new products these days multiple sellers who originate from a large Asian country which starts with the letter "C" will immediately start leaving negative reviews. Which of course sabotages the product. Amazon does not seem to care.

user profile
Seller_riLrGuJZwWgyZ

In my experience, it has been nearly impossible to deal with false reviews. You are supposed to press the "report" button, but I have never seen any effect from that. We recently got a customer complaint "the shoes do not fit and are very uncomfortable". We have never sold shoes, nor anything like shoes. No matter. The only way out it seems is to have such an increase in volume that additional reviews render the fake ones less influential toward the overall rating.

user profile
Seller_YvPJcV8cv0Kiu

Customers are never wrong. (oh wait) Amazon calls them Buyers now, because - Customers are never wrong. LOL (do not worry) - everyone knows that YELPish Amazonion reviews are pointless. Its ashame, because their lack of hands on is really hurting the buyer experience on their site; since yes there are some dimwits out there, who will never click the buy button, due to malicious intentions of a buyer/customer.

user profile
Seller_X1viSFhfFn3OX

Amost all sellers met the problem you said. I also hope Amazon pays attention to this problem to solve it. We sellers just want a fair treatment and competition among all sellers and Amazon itself.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post