user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon Reviews for $5??

by Seller_laiQNKoKzEh8t

Dear Amazon Seller Forum Admins and somebody from the Internal Team, I would love to see the explanation of how the approved app from Amazon Selling Partner is offering a $5 per verified review business model.

Am I missing something? The App called GetReviews is currently trending on Amazon Selling Partner Appstore.

GetReviews is a survey technology that gives businesses the ability to offer customers a free gift and to ask for a customer review posted on the marketplace or platform of the business' choosing. For example, if you sell shoes on Amazon, and you would like the customer who purchased your shoes to leave you a review on Amazon, you would offer your customer a $5 Amazon gift card to participate in your survey (powered by GetReviews,) where the outcome of that survey is a verified customer review on your product on Amazon, in addition to the customer's marketing information (first name, last name, email, phone, etc.) All the while your customer gets a free $5 Amazon gift card. It's a win-win!

How was this app approved on Amazon SPA?

Tags: Compliance, Marketplace webservice API, Product feedback
64 replies
64 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_LvikvLIShLw0U
In reply to: Seller_laiQNKoKzEh8t's post

OOOOOOOeye know it has 2 due with the 30,000 laid off =decided can’t bet them Jin them in a NEW amazon 🔥🔥🔥-just like the chat thing

user profile
Seller_BeWo5Xt3t43rn

Wow! Just Wow! Just goes to show that AMAZON is not very good a policing its seller apps! Just like not policing its catalog offerings with its tons of approval required products being listed under the wrong category to skirt approval requirements!

user profile
Seller_aNsixtdBpnLRG

Excellent business to be in since Amz is too busy building bots to shut down USA listings so the Chinese can recover and keep Azm generating the revenue for the next rocket ship rides they are going to offer

user profile
Seller_VbSHrMymMGAyr

This is same concept as Vine.

You pay for reviews.

Paying for particular review (positive or negative) would be against TOS

But here you are paying for the honest review.

Do not see anything wrong with it.

user profile
Seller_hZ409bHSOTHe1

I think this breaks all the rules Amazon has about trying to mimiilupate your sales and reviews on Amazon. You need to reread the agreement you signed when you signed up.

user profile
Seller_vWuGqtGVyhZxm
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_rI7BZIczK8iAC

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Of course at the same time your post is a gread free ad for this app.

If Amazon is allowing that app, this will put upside down anything I learnt about the philosophy of Amazon. It has been the aim and the success of Amazon that customers see honest reviews for each product. HAS BEEN. If Amazon now allows customers to be paid for reviews, that means nothing else than corruption. Because few are those - awaiting a paycheck - who will write a bad review. The media will learn and spred it and the reputation of Amazon will again sink a bit more.

I really hope that a Mod can tell us if it is really legit to use this app and to monthly pay $ 19.--. How is the official position of Amazon regarding the reason to legitimate such an app? What financial interest in this app does Amazon have?

Also I think it's illegal that Amazon provides the seller with

user profile
Seller_laiQNKoKzEh8t
Show post
the customer's marketing information (first name, last name, email, phone, etc.)

I just find it disgusting and disappointing. This will seriously harm the customers trust in Amazon.

user profile
Topher_Amazon

Hey @Seller_laiQNKoKzEh8t,

Thanks for surfacing this. While I and the Community Management team aren't directly involved in the Appstore, I'm surfacing this thread to the appropriate parties to see if we can find some answers to the questions in this thread.

user profile
Seller_1kzLNrKmt1UpE

You forget that you are on Amazon, playing in Amazon's sand box, with their ball. Rules for Thee, But Not for Me??? TOS does NOT apply to the one that owns the sandbox. So what if it destroys the idea of legitimate product reviews, you're missing the "big picture" -- at least Amazon will make a few bucks out of the deal, and the App makes a fortune as it spreads to other platforms. Don't be surprised if it turns out this App is an Amazon creation. Brilliant marketing idea.

user profile
Seller_FwpA1naSVnywt

You cannot buy reviews so do away with Vine and all other apps that buy reviews. This is nuts.

Go to original post