user profile
Sign in
user profile

CSBA Caused me to lose 5 computers and $700 Safe-T Claim and I smell a rat.

by Seller_vqJVVFgem9fKe

I have an issue that I strongly believed to be returns abuse from the very beginning, and it's as expected, caused me to lose about $700 and 5 computers, all while following CSBA's suggestions to the letter.

In mid-August, I fulfilled an order to a commercial address for 5 used Dell computers; in mid-September, with two days left on the returns window, the customer informed CSBA that two of the power bricks that attached to the wall were defective, and they requested replacements.

I initially indicated that customers have a 3-day DOA window to claim defective computer equipment, but CSBA informed me that the customer had 30 days.

They further indicated the customer wanted two power cords and would be returning the two defective ones.

Upon receipt, of the two 'defective' power supplies the cords were physically damaged (crushed); this was clearly abuse and appeared to be purposeful exaggerated damage to ensure there was no question they didn't work.

I swollowd my pride and sent two replacements, I informed the customer of the same.

Yesterday I was charged back the entire $670 order because when the customer (or CSBA) opened the return. It was opened as a return for all 5 computers, it wasn't an exchange and nothing in the return indicated it was a replacement. (except of course only two power bricks were returned in a small beat-up used box)

I've gone around and around with Safe-T, and I'm now blue in the face.

I want my $700 back.

I think the only way I'm going to get it without a trip to the customer's address is with the help of a mod.

Tags: SAFE-T
18 replies
18 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
SEAmod
In reply to: Seller_vqJVVFgem9fKe's post

Hello @Metal

Thank you for visiting the seller forums. I am sorry to hear of your reported situation. I am going to review your account. Will you please provide me with the Order number so I am sure I am addressing the correct one.

user profile
SEAmod

I do need your Order number. I thought I located your selling account, but you may have more than one account as the one I have accessed, which is associated with your forums account, does not reflect any Safe-T claims when I view "all claims" from this page in your selling account.

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl

I hope you have learned your lesson about Customer Service by Amazon and have disabled that "service"

user profile
Seller_p5C34JAPICQs9

worst mistake I never did was use that service! I cancelled them and will never use them again!

user profile
Seller_da24zJfsdg71I

In my mind, they didnt return all equipment. So if they dont return the other 3 w/in the return window, then follow up w/Amz that only 2 were returned/exchanged and 3 were not returned w/in the return window and you want your money back. Be sure to keep photos of the box/items returned, shipping label used for the return, etc.

user profile
Seller_aUbEyzlSSnsDJ

Now you know what amazon means by delighting the customer. Do not use CSBA.

user profile
Seller_8LDS13Dwga70G

This is a prime example of exactly why I did not even ponder using CSBA.

user profile
Seller_vqJVVFgem9fKe

I now know what I DID to mess this up.

It's not CSBA's fault, and it's not the customers' fault. I doubt they had any malice whatsoever.

It was my needing to follow procedures.

The long and the short of it was that when the two power cords came via UPS, I should have photographed everything to prove the entire order wasn't returned. Then, when it was refunded, I should have opened a Safe-T claim for an inaccurate return reason OR that the whole order wasn't returned.

Not I sent an exchange.

Since the return was for the entire order, it was refunded, and my sending replacements had no bearing on the claim since they're only looking at the return, the reason for the return, and the claim.

Not buyer intent.

tldr

I filed the wrong claim, and I had nothing to prove that only a couple of power bricks were sent back. Thus, I lost my case.

Amazon has refunded me.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post