user profile
Sign in
user profile

Unannounce Change to the Help (aka Contact us ) Section

by Seller_J46Ruz3VzvWCV

(ETA - My account is switching between the 2 pages ... weird)

They've changed things again, so previous help threads/posts in the forums with images and steps on where exactly to go will now be broken.

There is no longer a direct way to choose a specific section of the Contact us like before.

New page:

The goods news, for now anyway, is that if I put in "seller support" into the text block, I get this next ...

Amazon's Slogan sure seems to be ... "Amazon, where we spend our days finding ways to make it harder for sellers to get help."

At least for now ... the old link still works: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/help/hub/support

Tags: Seller Support
22 replies
22 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_kIukTwdhvntAp
In reply to: Seller_J46Ruz3VzvWCV's post

It's Amazon as you know.

Look up "SNAFU" in the dictionary and their picture appears magically!

user profile
Seller_J46Ruz3VzvWCV
user profile
Seller_rMfC1OWAKWYWf

so… now the bot will decide which category your case belongs in based on keywords it sees in what you typed within that box…?

That’s lovely!

So now if I type that a competitor has destroyed my product page, I will get some script regurgitator that will insist on not being able to find any destroyed inventory within their warehouse…

🤬🤬🤬

user profile
Seller_zV9SP18zY69Uf

Take help from Amazon Call centre

user profile
Seller_GpxiEwTpYANyX

More glitches or changes?! Amazon just makes things harder for sellers. Has any recent change (past 2 to 3 years) that they made really benefited us policy, process changes, dashboard, returns, the forums, account health, Safe-T claims, online support request, they don't make things better or easier. Why did they change the look and functionality of forums its even more convoluted. Create a bot for everything! Lol

They make things worse rather than better. They really should hire some people with experience selling on Amazon or familiarize themselves with customer and seller website usability research. Simple sometimes is better.

user profile
Seller_LoBJfqxpz7RFW

but wait, there's more! Bots are now deciding, incorrectly, what category/browser node our products belong in. We used to be able to go under the support section to change it back, or under vital info. Nope. it says they determined its the RIGHT category and wont let you change it. So say you sell T shirts with a dog on it .. suddenly its classified as pet supplies/dog collars. A shirt with a flower is now under gardening supplies. You also lost sales rank because of the switch. Now you have to contact support.

Once you do, you get an email from a person with a name stating how they understand how important this is and are forwarding to the proper department and they will contact you. At least a week later a new person contacts you. they ask you a question. you reply. Another week to 10 days later they will reply again. It took me 6 weeks to get an issue resolved because of this, and then it happened to another product. I emailed last Saturday and still have not had anyone contact me outside of the "we know its important" email.

user profile
Seller_OChH0VD9utdxq

Can we applaud the fact that they have a way to bypass overseas support that is never effective and often a waste of time?

user profile
Seller_xImwdHr30iANX

The help page for us still looks like to old page. I will say however, there are many times where random Seller Central pages will show as an updated version and then it will never be seen again as the updated version.

For example - Just today I uploaded a feed file and the upload status page was completely different. It had a progress wheel, it showed a X of X successful uploads etc.. It was actually a nice looking page. After leaving that page I haven't seen it again. Just shows the old version.

user profile
Seller_Bbq8c8PRMToKQ

I will definitely be voting 'strongly disagree' once again the next time I see an Amazon survey on my homepage asking if Amazon gives sufficient time to alert sellers about changes. (Paraphrasing the survey question.)

user profile
Seller_J46Ruz3VzvWCV

Today I'm only getting the old page from the Help Link.

I hope it stays that way!

Go to original post