user profile
Sign in
user profile

All units are being marked as Defective

by Seller_cQWLlhy19Y2WY

My inventory arrived to warehouse just 10 days ago. Suddenly i noticed they are marking all units as defective when actually its not. They are not telling any reason why they are marked defective. What should i do in such situation?

@Jameson_Amazon

@Tatiana_Amazon

@Topher_Amazon

Case ID: 14528044761

Tags: Inventory
19 replies
19 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_z3XfkorVSmnEY
In reply to: Seller_cQWLlhy19Y2WY's post

Amazon is not going to tell you why an item is marked as defective. Do a removal order on some/all of the affected units and determine the condition for yourself.

user profile
Seller_rI7BZIczK8iAC

Is it possible that you sell a well known brand without "Letter of Authorization"? Such items do often go to defective and will be destroyed by Amazon.

user profile
Seller_Wjpmw07sWAtaD

Submit an Amazon support ticket and request an investigation for further details.

user profile
Seller_86qR72DyA3vhJ

We are in the same situation. Around 400 units from 3 asins were marked as defective. No answer yet from AMZ

user profile
Seller_1T2lQGbwtB8x9

Amazon will damage your items and claim they are defective to avoid having to reimburse you. Ask me how I know...

user profile
Seller_YjQOCGcKhMlRI

Same here. They have done this to hundreds of items recently. And then finally when I get thru to them they say that they will flip them back to sellable. Another time they told me that they agree that the item has is not expirable but since they thought it was, they already created a removal order and its too late. Third time they just ended up reimbursing me but only 50% bc they claim it was damaged. Which makes no sense bc half the items were totally fillable and the rest "got damaged". The only way they could have been damaged was by the FC. I have been selling a couple years but the few months this is rampant, and making me rethink if I should switch to solely MFN and then I will not have so many goods lost and damaged. It's a dillema, not sure )::

user profile
Dominic_Amazon

Hi @Seller_cQWLlhy19Y2WY,

Dominic from Amazon here, I took a look at the case you provided. I can see Seller Support did provide the correct guidance.

While units maybe marked as defective for a number of reasons, most common reasons include:

1. Missing Transparency codes / 2D barcode, or if the units failed Transparency check

2. Incorrect title provided

3. Product information is missing (e.g., size, color, expiration date)

4. Unreadable QR Code

5. Product does not have proper shield / seal covering the units

6. Item received does not match with the product details page

As these units have been set aside, you have the ability to create a removal or disposal order for these units.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Dominic

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post