user profile
Sign in
user profile

FBA inbound placement service fee - Amazon-optimized shipment splits - Fulfillment by Amazon HELP!!!

by Seller_zqWsNC40KB0bZ

Effective March 1st, 2024, Amazon has introduced a new fee known as the "FBA inbound placement service fee." This fee structure offers three options based on the number of locations your order is distributed to:

- Amazon-Optimized Shipment Splits (Four+ Locations):

- Partial Shipment Splits (Two or Three Locations):

- Minimal Shipment Splits (Single Location):

On March 1st, Amazon so kindly shifted all users to the "Partial Shipment Splits" option. Despite this default setting, I am seeing that many users have opted to switch to the "Amazon-Optimized Shipment Splits" in hopes of avoiding placement fees.

If Amazon decides to consolidate larger orders into two or three shipments, does this lock sellers into a "Partial Shipment Splits" that comes with fees?

A key question arises: In the event that Amazon chooses to streamline a large order into two shipments, is the "Amazon-Optimized Shipment Splits" option unavailable? This uncertainty raises apprehensions, particularly for those preferring the cost-effective approach of sending orders to four or more locations.

Moreover, for single-case pack items slated for a single shipment, are automatically defaulted into "Minimal Shipment Splits" due to the inherent restriction of shipping to only one location?

I've contacted the Fulfillment by Amazon team, but unfortunately, I haven't received a satisfactory response.

Tags: FBA
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_wZYxbimz4wuHx
In reply to: Seller_zqWsNC40KB0bZ's post

I am also having problems creating shipments with no placement fees, I opened a case and have not received a reply after a week now.

user profile
Jameson_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_zqWsNC40KB0bZ's post

Hi @Seller_zqWsNC40KB0bZ and @Seller_wZYxbimz4wuHx,

Thank you for reaching out on the Forums and for your patience here! I'm just coming across this thread and wanted to provide a bit more information on shipment splits.

Please note that inbound placement options will be provided only when your shipments qualify. Factors that affect the number of inbound options include the following:

• Whether your shipment includes a mix of standard-size items, non-standard-size items, or special handling categories
  • Whether each box contains the same mix and quantities of SKUs
  • Quantities and number of boxes for each item
  • Geographical demand

To maximize the number of inbound options, you can try the following:

• Create separate shipments for standard-size items, non-standard-size items, and each special handling category
  • Ensure that the item mix and item quantities are equal across all boxes
  • Increase the number of boxes

For more information, please go to "2024 FBA inbound placement service fee."

If you have any additional questions, please let me know!

All the best,

Jameson

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post