user profile
Sign in
user profile

Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location

by Seller_6oVwnttJm5hSM

So, this buyer messaged me with “Where’s my package”? When I checked USPS website tracking it said " Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location." Are sellers responsible for apparently undeliverable addresses? How does this work?

Tags: Address
60 replies
60 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_3MwnigV5nDkBT
In reply to: Seller_6oVwnttJm5hSM's post

Yes.

Unless it’s a FBA order. In which case it’d still be a maybe.

user profile
Seller_KrkDmTL34gFFB

Hi. I’m a mailman and we have an option to scan items as No Access. Which means that customer has either a gate or something is preventing the carrier from reaching that specific house. It could even be a dog or something like that. Either way the item was scanned so the customer should be able to understand to make sure to have clear and safe access to his house if he wants his orders delivered. Pretty simple but I find that customers with their fancy gates just don’t understand that.

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl

Get the phone number for the destination Post Office and call them Monday morning.

Probably the package is being held for pickup. If this is confirmed, you can then either see if the PO will return it to you, or contact the buyer telling them they need to pick it up.

user profile
Seller_AzQWWiLSSAUWj

I kindly write them a message make sure you go to order detail page click on there name and the additional information. Let them know it states that professionally and that they may go to the post office to claim the parcel before the post office returns to sender. If eventually it gets returned then I just process a refund , I also open a case with seller support to notate all that has occured so far in case a AtoZ case gets opened or something. Hope it works out well some of mine go get the item some dont just depends. Just be professional and kind.

user profile
Seller_KpCKCaCKNTwRH

Yep. However, I’ve seen this a couple of times, and delivery is usually re-attempted the next day. It’s either a lazy mailcarrier or sometimes the outside door to an apartment mailbox cluster (for example) is locked. I would try a delaying message for the Buyer or a call to the delivery office postmistress, if desperate.

user profile
Seller_qu5sni5sssmqj

In our experience USPS will usually attempt redilivery the next day or leave notice that it’s avaialble for pick up.

Hope it turns up.

user profile
Seller_TDUBmq5zVK0Ah

Our mail carrier often scans packages as “no access” when he is behind schedule and doesn’t want to be bothered with delivering packages. Usually the customer will get them then next day. It is really an issue the customer needs to take up with their local post office. After a couple a complaints our carrier stopped doing that most of the time… I’ll cut him a little slack when he does it on days when its 110 outside.

As a seller if the buyer states they have an accessible mail box you can also complain - the USPS really wants small business customers and they KNOW they have a deadwood problem - so they are always glad to get info on carriers who need to be encouraged to take an early retirement or shape up.

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

It’s possible there is a security system in place and the carrier has no code, the mailbox was stuffed, there was a nasty dog on the premises, etc…

I would ask the customer, to give it until Monday, but in the interim, call the buyer’s local post office, before 8:30 AM and ask if there is an existing problem.

user profile
Seller_ggOhIsawGiDvA

I have actually called the USPS post office to see if they still have the package so it does’t come back and let the buyer know to go pick it up or call them to hold it. This has worked a few times. Realistically you can google map it to see what you are dealing with. Gated community etc… 10 minutes of work in the front end can save you and hour of work in the backend or a bad review. Plus it shows good customer service and that you are on top of it.

user profile
Seller_uyxS6ebnr11WO

I had the same today, but buyer hasn’t contacted me. Stamps.com’s last entry says it was delivered to individual, but the list says “Undeliverable” Hoping I don’t hear from the buyer.

Go to original post