user profile
Sign in
user profile

Update to the new buyer requested cancellation experience

by News_Amazon

The rollout of the upgraded buyer cancellation experience has started. Over the next few days you will need to monitor and process cancellations requested from Both the Buyer Seller Messages and the Manage Your Orders (MYO) page.

As of May 19, we started to rollout the new experience for Buyer Requested Cancellations. While this rollout occurs, you will receive buyer cancellations through the old experience on Buyer-Seller messages or through the new experience on the MYO page. You could receive buyer initiated cancellations in the following methods:

• Email: You will receive all buyer cancellation requests through email under the subject line of “Order cancellation request from Amazon customer”.
  • Seller Central: You will receive some order cancellation requests through the Buyer-Seller messages, or some through the MYO page.
Note: If you cancel any requests received through either of the channels, your Cancellation Rate metric will not be impacted. We recommend that you monitor and process cancellations received on both channels.

Once the rollout is finalized, this upgraded experience moves the buyer cancellation requests out of the Buyer Seller Messages to the MYO page, allowing you to view and more efficiently process cancellations. Additionally, as part of this new experience, selling partners will continue to receive email notifications of cancellation requests.

When the rollout is finalized, buyer cancellation requests will only be received through the MYO page and email, meaning you will no longer receive them through Buyer Seller messages.

However, during the rollout phase, which we expect will be finalized by May 29, customers can submit cancellation requests through either the Buyer Seller Messages or through the new cancellation experience through the MYO page.

Important: Cancellation requests may appear in one of the two locations, so you should temporarily monitor both during the rollout.
Tags: News and Announcements
4K views
157 replies
157 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

^^^ The most important part.

user profile
Seller_YwfR7hfAsgFmC

This announcement references the “Manage Your Orders” page (MYO page). On my Seller Central, I see a “Manage Orders” page. I assume this is the same as the MYO page?

user profile
Seller_0HaBAEJp9Nuu3

Why Amazon showing double standard there, if we place order on Amazon, they cancel it anytime and their account health matrics not disturb

While if FBM seller cancel any order, it affect account health

Amazon should give equal rights to the FBA and FBM both sellers,

user profile
Seller_ry3aqvJVzZmye

Where is the entrance to the MYO page?

user profile
Seller_jceOzRHLPQ3DZ

What could go wrong?

PS I’ve NEVER heard of Manage Orders called “Manage YOUR Orders.” Who else’s orders am I going to manage?

user profile
Seller_0O69KFvrK41OD

This is brilliant!!! How many of us use 3p apps to download orders so we don’t have to check the orders page?

now we have to check it every few hours to make sure there is no cancelation request.

What could go wrong? more like What could go right?

user profile
Seller_3RrRKVBBYTNOK

Will we still be able to see that a cancellation request was submitted, and when, once we’ve shipped the order?

user profile
Seller_3RrRKVBBYTNOK

At this time, if the buyer initiates the order cancelation and you choose to go ahead and ship the order, it will not negatively impact your cancelation rate metric.

This still worries me…

user profile
Seller_adDk4tWH6wbWN

Excellent feature!

I had my first cancellation with the new update the AM.

Love that there is now no need to for check cancellation message…especially in the middle of shipping operations.

Thanks for the improvement!

user profile
Seller_Nb6ZtLcoGFwI6

As a seller of customizable items, my unshipped orders list is around 200-700 orders at any given time.

This new change is terrible.
To confidentially catch all order cancellation requests we must constantly flip through several order pages to find the cancelled order requests. The only other notification I’m seeing is an email sent to the primary user.

Even grouping the cancellations to the top of the ‘my orders’ screen or a button to view order cancellation requests would be a big improvement over what is currently rolled out.

Go to original post