user profile
Sign in
user profile

Automatic removal of your aging inventory starts April 15

by News_Amazon

To create more room for your products as we approach Prime Day, we’ve made changes to automated inventory removal.

Starting April 15, 2022, the following inventory will be removed automatically, unless you opt out:

• Units that have been in fulfillment centers for more than 365 days and that are subject to long-term storage fees
  • Units of ASINs that haven’t sold in six or more consecutive months and that have been in fulfillment centers for more than 180 days

You can recover value from these units through liquidation or have your inventory returned to you by providing a valid return address in your Automated fulfillable inventory settings. If you don’t provide a return address, your inventory will be automatically donated, recycled, or disposed of.

On the settings page, select Disable to opt out of automated removal of aging inventory at any time.

The automated removal of aged inventory can help you save on long-term storage fees and improve your Inventory Performance Index score. It also frees up space in our fulfillment centers for more of your popular inventory.

Automatic removals will occur monthly starting April 15. If you want to make updates to your settings, such as changing your return address, do so at least 24 hours before April 15 to ensure that your changes are saved.

For more information, go to Automated fulfillable inventory removal.

To view your aging inventory, go to Manage Inventory Health.

Tags: News and Announcements
5.2K views
18 replies
18 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Yvu9QfhV55nVu
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

The end of long tail books ?

user profile
Seller_i5Y9kEsVqcVzV

I am unable to “disable” this option. It seems forced without a choice.

user profile
Seller_X7T1aFhOML1Ey

Anyone has idea when we can have free removal promotion?

user profile
Seller_KrIZiAqW5Ddf0

I don’t know who thought FBA for long-tail books would be a good idea. I wouldn’t do FBA for any books. The program doesn’t seem advantageous for booksellers.

user profile
Seller_mApo6FztqmX8v

Sneaky. I have had this disabled for more than a year. Amazon now enabled it automatically today despite my previous settings. Had to disable it again. BE CAREFUL!

user profile
Seller_crfo6trEYEElu

Does this mean my inventory that I have listed on Amazon THAT IS NOT IN A FULFILMENT CENTER but at my own warehouse will be disabled automaticlly?

user profile
Seller_0kYlWecfakCla

no

user profile
Seller_L8tz3JUqMbUzH
This post has been deleted
There are no more posts to display
Go to original post