user profile
Sign in
user profile

Advance notice: Business name and address to be displayed on the seller profile page starting September 1, 2020

by News_Amazon

Beginning on September 1, 2020, we will display a seller’s business name and address on their Amazon.com Seller Profile page. For individuals, we will display the individual name and address. This is consistent with Seller Profile pages across Amazon stores in Europe, Japan, and Mexico.

Why are we making this change?

Over the years, we have developed many ways for sellers to share more about their business, including through features like the Seller Profile page, Store pages for brand owners, and Handmade Maker Profile pages. These features help customers learn more about the businesses of a seller and the products that they are selling. We are making this change to ensure there is a consistent baseline of seller information to help customers make informed shopping decisions.

Can I share more information to help customers beyond my business name and address?

Yes, you are welcome to add additional information about your business and products that you think would be helpful to customers. However, remember that you should not include an email address in order to prevent spam and abuse. We ask customers and sellers to use our Buyer-Seller Messaging system to communicate electronically.

How do I ensure my information is up to date?

You can view and update your contact information by following the steps below:

1. Login to your Amazon seller account.
  2. In the Settings menu at the top right corner of Seller Central, click Account Info to view the Seller Account Information page.
  3. In the Business Information section, click the links for the information that you want to view.
  4. To change your business name, click Display Name and to change the address, click Business Address. Enter the new information or edit the current information.
  5. Once completed, click Submit to save.
Tags: News and Announcements
17K views
1K replies
1K replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_oEw5wUNHgJxxP
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

It is about time. The fact that sellers can hide behind a Seller Name has always baffled me. In our state if you are going to do business under any name other than your own, you must register with the state.

The intent is so when needed, you can be found.

user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl

Thank You!

Advanced Notice, Don’t want your home address displayed, get a PO Box Now!

user profile
Seller_fk4AdRN801e4y

Wow. Good bye! I don’t want to give the entire planet my home address.

user profile
Seller_qNyyv1oQFap5T

I definitely disagree with this and hopefully it doesn’t last!

user profile
Seller_NxQTyL4zOqAYv

I’m actually in favor of this. I’m also shocked that Amazon is doing this since it seems they have been going out of their way lately to make it impossible for sellers and buyers to communicate. I only see more business from this.

user profile
Seller_hIMADQnszmoxw
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_70Nbuwl5KJqUx

I’ve tried to update (cleanup) my business address for display and the edit button is not present. Admin might want to check that ! Deleting out of date information seems to be a challenge.

user profile
Seller_iLsA4lGeaNWbg

100% in favor of this.

I suspect that most of us who are actual businesses (thus, already subject to our info being publicly available) will be in favor of this. Hopefully it will make it a little bit harder for IP thieves and other unscrupulous actors, to hide behind the anonymity of the marketplace format.

Mick

user profile
Seller_uNUiyRYUdefW6

Looking forward to this. I have to admit to being very impressed that we got an advance notification for a change.

user profile
Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0

This is completely unwarranted.

There is no good reason to put this information out there.

Amazon runs everything for FBA sellers: store, ship, and customer service.

Do suppliers get treated the same way? No.

What this will do is put information out in the public domain so members of the public can harass and abuse sellers over issues not related to selling on Amazon.

Go to original post