user profile
Sign in
user profile

If you have outstanding verification requirements to comply with INFORM, provide now

by News_Amazon

On June 27, 2023, the US INFORM Consumers Act takes effect. Over the past few months, we’ve been reaching out to selling partners who are covered by the law to request business information and complete additional verification checks to ensure compliance with the law.

To see if you have any outstanding requests for verification, check your Account Health dashboard. If any information is required, follow the instructions provided. You’ll also receive an email notification if you’re still required to take any action.

If you do not provide the required information within 10 days of this notification, disbursements for your Amazon selling account will be put on hold starting July 7.

If you’ve already provided the information required to complete these verification checks, thank you. Once your information has been fully verified, the "Account deactivation warning" banner related to INFORM will be removed from your Account Health page.

We may need to reverify your information if you make changes to it after it has been verified. We’ll inform you if we require additional information. We are also obligated by law to ask you to confirm that your Selling on Amazon account information is up to date at least once a year.

We’ve made many improvements to our verification processes based on your feedback. We appreciate your efforts in providing this information to us.

We’re here to help. You can refer to these FAQs or the About the INFORM Consumers Act help page for additional information on INFORM and how to provide identity, bank, phone and address, or tax information.

If you have questions or need more assistance, our Forums moderators, Account Health associates, and Selling Partner Support teams are ready to help.

Tags: News and Announcements
59 replies
59 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_fyfhdbVujBDEi
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

What if we are waiting for the postcard that has not yet left Amazon for over 10 days? We submitted the info requested but can't verify without a postcard? Where does that place us with above?

user profile
Seller_TV8aVWiDI6q6U

Identity verification remains unverified after submitting my verification more than 10 days ago, and I received no emails telling me what's next. I wrote in to seller support and all I got was a reply saying they can't provide any support because my inquiry has got nothing to do with identity verification. Absurd.

user profile
Seller_svFllPS3s2qxb

We are not able to complete the process because of the system error. The seller support rep informed us that only the verification team is able to edit the page and we are still in the queue. It's not that we don't want to comply with the law. It is Amazon system forbids us to do so. desperate here...

user profile
Seller_qa9iVCuEDkRJa

Hello News_ Amazon,

We have been submitting account information for verification since May 28th, but the identity verification failed. We have not received any emails or case responses indicating that the identity information is incorrect. We inquired about Amazon support services over the phone and received a response that they had no authority to resolve our issue and referred it to the account team for processing. We have not received a response from the account team for more than 20 days now. At the same time, we want to resubmit our identity information for a second verification, but every time we click on the identity verification, it is always forwarded to the help page. We feel very hopeless. Our case is 12980995301, We haven't received a response for over 20 days. We hope you can help us.

Thank you.

user profile
Seller_ojmhy01LKC6Hj

we need link to Identity Verification (Reverify) ,but after more than 10days waiting,there is no update and response from seller supporter。case id:13075658051 case id:13072304451

The new page is help page after we click Identity Verification (Reverify).our account is inactive now,we need help @Cooper_Amazon @Steve_Amazon @News_Amazon

user profile
Seller_m1kvtRZcQzPyz

Yes this has been available for 1.5 months, but it hasn't worked for 1.5 months. Great. Thanks.

Still waiting to verify my address as everything else has been completed... (Case 13109491701)

user profile
Seller_faQOqtScXV7Di

Since the end of May, we have been trying to resolve this on our account. As others have mentioned, we've been told that it's been escalated to a development team and we are in a queue, but there's been no resolution. At this point, we are desperate for assistance. Case ID: 13089365811

user profile
Seller_r9wMm8LrE5iKj

Shenanigans. If this is the law, and it's in effect, then it's effective NOW, not in 10 days.

NOTE THAT AMAZON WILL CONTINUE TO SELL YOUR GOODS, BUT NOT GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY. Again, this is either the law or it isn't ... it's not intended to be a revenue center for Amazon.

Also note this law as written allows different rules for sellers working out of their home, which Amazon is ignoring. Using the cover of legal changes (probably brought about by Amazon's failings in the past) to extract more than the legally required amount of info (and info that NO other platform has asked for) is in of itself questionably legal.

The verification process still has many failings, including incorrect and/or inconsistent messages in different parts of the site. Pointing these out has helped nothing. If Amazon can't manage this simple of a task, how can they be so good at, say, dark pattern law-breaking or lobbying officials? Perhaps it's because they care only about themselves, and not, say, their sellers that brung them to the dance? They can imply 'scr*w you' but we can't even say it back to them.

user profile
Seller_JkPoKFr017i2o

Too bad the website is glitchy and wont allow up to update the needed information.

I have been trying for week to be compliant.

Seller support unfortunately hasnt been helpful.

Very very frustrating.

user profile
Seller_WtWg7RrUyqe0w

we re unable to complete verification as the tax id fields are contradictory. There is no back button ,we do not know where to change in order to have the correct info populating those fileds.The info is a mix of personal info and company information especially the address , where we cannot add usa in the country field but the address is from usa…several calls to support and they kept asking us to check back in 48 h untill the case went to the development team .now without resolution.

Go to original post