user profile
Sign in
user profile

Trusted book suppliers for Amazon

by Seller_Dl0dyPzqlQ5Gu

Hello everyone,

I am a new seller in USED Book selling business and the main reason I am writing here is to get some advices connected with what kind of Trusted Suppliers to use that will be acceptable to Amazon. Because I have read from forums that Amazon does not accept invoices or receipts from Goodwill and from suppliers such as American Book Company, Bargain Book wholesale, Bradley’s Book Clearance. And also I have read that “Nebraska Book Company” is trusted supplier for an Amazon. So could you please share with some of your Trusted Suppliers that can be helpful not only for me but also for a community in order to create FAIR business invoirment.

Thanks for your consideration and support.

Tags: Amazon business
61 replies
61 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_3hIRLZLVYjQcO
In reply to: Seller_Dl0dyPzqlQ5Gu's post

There is no list of accepted book suppliers for Amazon.

user profile
Seller_EuUjw0jiYGGBg

Publishers is a good place to start. You will have complete an application under your business name and your business will have to have a good credit rating separate from your personal credit rating but a bad personal credit rating could impact the terms as well as getting an account approved. You will have to make a minimum purchase (probably at least $2500 up front) and a minimum annual commitment as well as have a resale licence, have a business license and have a business bank account. This would be a minimum requirement.

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl

If you wish to list books as New you should be sourcing them directly from the publisher, distributor, or author. You should have invoices to show if required from Amazon.

If you are sourcing books from Goodwill, those should be sold as Used. As long as you avoid textbooks and hot selling stuff you should not run into problems listing used books.

user profile
Seller_Wun3v7a8dXJDQ

First of all, no seller will ever share their sources for product unless your talking about those who source from Goodwill and the like. That’s the single most important secret any seller has.

Second, you don’t need invoices (in most cases) if you’re sourcing used product, especially books. Technically, Amazon can ask for invoices on used products but it’s very rare for them to do so. Most sellers who offer used books have no invoices to prove authenticity. Just stay away from the latest edition textbooks and you should be fine.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

If you have no existing sources of supply, why would you choose books as an area to sell in, Chronic oversupply of many inexpensive titles, declining sales volumes and prices make this a cruddy business.

Many of us who sell books do so because it is an addiction, others because they have a natural inclination and affinity, but few because it is an easy way to make a buck.

user profile
Seller_3hIRLZLVYjQcO

Nebraska Book Company is well known for screwing marketplace sellers over books they purchased through Amazon over several years.

You need to develop your own sources for books .

Why would other sellers tell you about their sources & help someone become additional competition ?

user profile
Seller_1I2CYF3S9l0vE

These guys were kicked of Amazon years ago for their shady practices so I doubt they are very “trusted” these days.

user profile
Seller_8heIxAf1mLwgp

Get a time machine and go back 20 years or so and you might actually make a go of it.

user profile
Seller_IuuXmWzje0ORa

I use Ingram for “new” books. Used, I get them wherever I can EXCEPT from Goodwill. Grade them carefully to Amazon standards.

New and used books is a highly competitive, low margin, market. Tia Janie’s is in this market as a market research project to see “how” Amazon works before investing a lot of money in other markets.

Good luck with your new business!

TJ

user profile
Seller_ovtshHLSzkXLU

I’ve read that selling books on Amazon is a bit tough these days. I would recommend eBay instead, selling book lots for decoration perhaps, people seem to go for that. As for supply, if you’re trying to sell used books, perhaps thrift stores? With proper research, you can easily find books that go for $0.99 and can theoretically be sold for $12+

I once found a rare book at a thrift store and was suprised to find it for sale online for $376.00 while looking up information on it.

Go to original post