user profile
Sign in
user profile

Customer Scammed Us - What's Happening At Amazon?

by Seller_AijRudB5Zk3IN

Customer purchased a brand new item from us (this item was in the $100's range.) To make a long story short - tracking via UPS displays the item was indeed delivered to the addresses - UPS verified. We attempted to contact the customer - the customer admitted to having the item and that they will not return it - and that they called and request the refund (in the request they stated that they never received the purchase.) Amazon refunded them in full allowing them to keep the item. The customer admitted via phone line that they indeed have the item and that they are actively using it.

We've deleted all 100 + items from our store - and cannot see ourselves as an established 10 year business scaling this platform. Amazon is very lenitant when it comes to customer returns/policies. Customer admitted that they will not return the item when we asked them to and will keep it.

*MY ADVISE TO AMAZON TRACK YOUR RECORDED CALLS*

AMAZON - Why no support for the small business owner?

AMAZON - Why do you grant-full refunds to people with intent to scam and not contact the seller first?

Amazon we're shutting down till further notice. There's no fair business practices in these policies respectfully.

Tags: Customer, SAFE-T
37 replies
37 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_keSnEDesLFVwv
In reply to: Seller_AijRudB5Zk3IN's post

What is the customer's zip code?

user profile
Seller_kIukTwdhvntAp

I'm guessing since you say "*MY ADVISE TO AMAZON TRACK YOUR RECORDED CALLS*" that you actually called the 'buyer' and did not send messages through the Amazon system, correct?

The first concern is a question about whether you are in a 'one way' state where only one party to the call needs to know the call is recorded and there is no 'this call may be recorded' message requirement. If you are NOT in one of those YOU can be the one facing some jail time and fines.

Calling instead of emailing is a typical rookie mistake and it is what cost you the money.

If you had communicated with them by email through AMAZON ONLY you would be able to prove to Amazon that they are lying about not receiving the item.

Since you used UPS you can't report them to the Postal Inspector BUT you CAN report them to the Government site. You will have to look up IC3 since Amazon will block the web address if I put it here.

You can also file a Police report in both YOUR location and that of the 'buyer'.

If you want to have some "fun" let the 'buyer' know that you have filed the police report for theft as well as reporting the interstate commerce theft.

Since most of these clowns are professional scammers it won;t do much good BUT every so often you get one to panic and tell Amazon to charge them for the 'found' item.

user profile
Seller_ZxL3Z88j1Um9a

Even if a customer confirms they received an item through messaging Amazon will then side with them when they item not received, all because shipping wasn't purchased through Amazon.

Amazon absolutely does not care about sellers. They care about making money. For every seller they lose there are ten waiting to take their place because they haven't learned the hard way yet.

user profile
Seller_aUbEyzlSSnsDJ

Welcome to amazon. Never call the customer. If you bought the shipping through amazon, it should be covered by amazon. If you have a good business practice amazon will nickel and dime you to dooms Ville. Good luck with that. Amazon is the most scam friendly platform out there.

user profile
Seller_cgU5UI1eE8xUp

No FBA.. No fault to Amazon, you have to purchase their shipping if you don't want people to get your items for free. It really stinks, but there is NO way around this.

user profile
Seller_yU10W2TDP8gOW

Amazon has done this to me multiple times in the past year. I've been an Amazon seller for 12+ years. I'm leaving this hell hole ASAP

user profile
Seller_hMIK0M9OsKb5U

I have had a buyer put that they actually received the item in the AZ to ask for a refund due to not received and they granted the request. Bots don't actually read.

user profile
Seller_AijRudB5Zk3IN

Thanks guys - for sharing your experiences we've decided it's best to end our business on Amazon.

user profile
Seller_FVe8AEy0Vw9Hb

I recently encountered an experience similar to yours. I had an order. The customer received it and then told me to return it. Didn't even open the package. Asked me to give her a free return label. Since the return was for personal reasons, the customer was required to cover the cost of the return label. With that, the customer immediately requested an A to Z. Amazon automatically approved the refund. Still won't let me make a safe-t claim. The prompt said "This order is not eligible for SAFE-T claim. Only Seller Fulfilled Prime orders, MFN Prepaid Return Label orders, Easy Ship orders and VAS orders, are eligible for SAFE-T claim. Only Seller Fulfilled Prime orders, MFN Prepaid Return Label orders, Easy Ship orders and VAS orders, are eligible for SAFE-T claims. Please refer to Amazon SAFE-T Claim Policy for more details".

Why is it possible to automatically refund customers without our consent? And why is a refund given to a customer before the customer has even returned the product? And who will bear the loss for us if the customer never returns our products? We are also just a two or three person startup team and every loss is a blow to us. Now we don't know how to solve this problem. Even if I open a CASE, there is no customer service that can help me submit a complaint. Can anyone help me?

user profile
Seller_rodBEu6s3W6Mw

Amazon totally supports customers. Recently the same case occurred with me. Sometimes, customers use the product, especially fashion wear, and place the return on 29 days, which is totally unfair. Amazon should make policies against these customers. Or return should be only for 15 days.

Go to original post