user profile
Sign in
user profile

Critical Event: Inform Act

by Seller_oDXVaydIpi3Hi

Just a heads up to save everyone from the heart attack and mental stress that we just went through - Instead of just putting up a banner to go through the Inform Act verification yet again, Amazon puts a banner saying you had a "critical issue with your account and that it is at risk of deactivation" instead. It'd be nice if people there knew how to do things correctly as to not cause alarm and stress, but part of me thinks they do that for fun.

Tags: Account Health
18 replies
18 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Atlas_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_oDXVaydIpi3Hi's post

Hello @Seller_oDXVaydIpi3Hi

user profile
Seller_oDXVaydIpi3Hi
Show post
Instead of just putting up a banner to go through the Inform Act verification yet again, Amazon puts a banner saying you had a "critical issue with your account and that it is at risk of deactivation" instead.

Thank you for the information provided regarding your experience with the Inform Act verification. I understand that you are seeing the banner regarding certification for the Inform Act. Once a year our team will require reviewing and confirming that the information associated with the account is up to date.

If any changes are needed, we would encourage you update the information and complete the verification once more. Otherwise, you may see disruptions in the account as the compliance is required by law. Once completed, you should see the banner fall off and your account return to normal. Have you been able to attempt this process? What is the current status?

Please continue to refer to this thread with any future questions or updates you have on this situation.

Best,

Atlas

user profile
Seller_aUbEyzlSSnsDJ

Amazon is just plain mean with this notice. If you make a mistake on amazon, you are suspended.

Amazon violated an IT company as in Intellectual Property violation. Court found them guilty. Fine $525 Million. But they can still sell. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander.

Change the way you suspend sellers. Give them a time out. Everyone makes mistakes amazon. Three Strikes you out or two strikes you're out. Not just do as we say or your out.

user profile
Seller_oDXVaydIpi3Hi

Yes, that was the basic point. Not sure how my point got missed!

user profile
Seller_J0BeqUtm1z7Q8
Show post
It's very stressful to see the words : RISK OF DEACTIVATION
user profile
Seller_oDXVaydIpi3Hi

We too, finally received the email after verification was complete.

user profile
Seller_xlf3vF516IRli
Show post
I only received an email AFTER I had completed the verification.
user profile
Seller_gatjkdfPmzT4O

The distress when I received the "risk of deactivation" email headline -_-

user profile
Seller_GmPAtbz1xPDuo

I went through the entire process of updating and checking all my information. Then I selected to certify that everything was true. A few hours later I received and email stating that I had successfully completed the certification. That was on Wednesday. This morning, Friday, I logged in and had the same warning but, this time, they wanted me to recertify my bank account... the never-ending process. Now I am waiting for that to complete. I have been an Amazon seller since they first allowed resellers on the site.

user profile
Seller_LImVvUWeyiCfQ

[Moderator Edit: removed off-topic commentary]

user profile
Seller_Y22MNjTURzgEk

This happened to me except my account actually got deactivated prematurely even when the system said I had more time and the pin is still enroute (it has been delayed via USPS). This is completely unjust and customer service has not been able to help.

user profile
Seller_upIXHlz6LnywQ

It's kind of like if I hung a sign on each of my employees' computer monitors one morning that said "CRITICAL EVENT - RISK OF GETTING FIRED".

How you communicate with the people that make you successful is important.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post