user profile
Sign in
user profile

Listing Lounge: Product Title Length

by Danny_Amazon

Hello all,

In this post, we’re going to provide some basic information about product title length requirements.

Title length requirements apply to all products on Amazon’s worldwide marketplaces. Title length requirements are one of the four criteria that could cause a product to be search-suppressed from Amazon search results. Titles must follow the recommended length of your product category characters, including spaces. You can find your specific length requirements by referencing the Category-specific style guides. To view the remaining three criteria, visit the Product title requirements page.

Not sure if your product has been search-suppressed? Visit Manage Inventory in Seller Central and click on Suppressed.

Looking for some best practices or tips for creating a good product title? Consider the following and get more information at the Product title requirements page:

• Titles should be concise. We recommend fewer than 80 characters.
  • Don't use ALL CAPS.
  • Capitalize the first letter of each word except for prepositions (in, on, over, with), conjunctions (and, or, for), or articles (the, a, an).
  • Use numerals: "2" instead of "two".
  • Don't use non-language ASCII characters such as Æ, ©, or ®.
  • Titles should contain the minimal information that is needed to identify the item and nothing more.
  • Don't use subjective commentary, such as "Hot Item" or "Best seller".
  • Titles can include necessary punctuation, like hyphens (-), forward slashes (/), commas (,), ampersands (&), and periods (.).
  • Titles can abbreviate measurements, such as "cm", "oz", "in", and "kg".
  • Don't include your seller name in titles.
  • Size and color variations should be included in titles for child ASINs, not the main title (see below).
Tags: Detail page, Listings
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_fIesnbuwU4dCx
In reply to: Danny_Amazon's post

Hi Danny,

I've been having issues with getting my listing off Suppressed. The new parent title length is below the 125 character limit however its been a couple of days and there has been no updates and have had no success with seller support. I dont know what else to do to get my listing off of search suppressed.

user profile
Seller_v8eLTidQ6h1QM
In reply to: Danny_Amazon's post

Is it no longer a requirement to have your brand name at the beginning of the title? (cause of the second to last bullet)

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post