user profile
Sign in
user profile

USPS Ground Advantage available on Amazon Buy Shipping

by News_Amazon

October 23, 2023 - This article has been updated for the following reasons: Article content has been changed or edited for clarity

USPS Ground Advantage now available on Amazon Buy Shipping

The United States Postal Service (USPS) Ground Advantage domestic shipping service is now available for your Amazon shipments.

This service consolidates the current First-Class package service, Parcel Select ground, and Parcel Select Cubic shipping methods into the following ship methods:

• USPS Ground Advantage Light: For packages that weigh less than 1lb
  • USPS Ground Advantage Heavy: For packages that weigh 1lb to 70lbs
  • USPS Ground Advantage Cubic: Cubic prices based on package size and distance rather than weight

USPS has adjusted its shipping service prices with the USPS Ground Advantage launch. These new prices have been reflected in Amazon Buy Shipping.

When you purchase Amazon Buy Shipping labels, you can now choose USPS Ground Advantage. Your existing shipping templates have automatically been updated to the equivalent USPS Ground Advantage ship method.

If you use a third-party order management tool, or your own software, to automate order fulfillment, you may need to manually update the ship method name to ensure you can continue to automatically purchase USPS labels.

To learn more, go to USPS Ground Advantage.

Tags: News and Announcements
18 replies
18 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_K62KfAcSw9f8N
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Please fix the size and orientation to match the Parcel Post printing template.

user profile
Seller_24FzucbyGtgZS

How about FIXING the label position that we have been complaining about for the previous 2-months.

Everyone does NOT use 4x6 labels.

user profile
Seller_08TZq9sOIaGvv

It is kind of broken though. "USPS Ground Advantage Cubic" doesn't always show up. I'm guessing once the developers are able to remove first class things will actually function again.

user profile
Seller_hnKu5Y8FFUG3l

I was getting way more UGA options in Buys Shipping until about a week ago. What happened?

user profile
Seller_s7F7fMBDtix0d

How come the only place on the internet Ground Advantage "LIGHT" and "HEAVY" show up is on Amazon? Is there any price difference buying on Amazon than using my commercial USPS account?

user profile
Seller_ZxL3Z88j1Um9a

Sure doesn't seem like it, as it's never there. Which is why I purchase my postage elsewhere.

Also, stop trying to push flat rate envelopes and such for items that have prepopulated weight and dimensions that obviously won't fit in an envelope. I thought Amazon was a tech company....

user profile
Seller_0xdtD36hDLHBC

In other delayed news headlines...

• America declares itself independent from England
  • Wilbur and Orville Wright fly the first powered airplane
  • Television debuts in America at New York World's Fair
  • American astronaut Neil Armstrong becomes the first human to walk on the moon

Stay tuned for more reports of things that happened a long time ago!

user profile
Seller_0xdtD36hDLHBC

user profile
Seller_hnKu5Y8FFUG3l
Show post
I was getting way more UGA options in Buys Shipping until about a week ago.

Amazon dynamically sets the estimated delivery time based upon average current deliveries of packages in the system. If options are not showing for you that is because your shipping templates and/or handling times are too tight.

example:

You have an item under a pound. Your handling time is set to one day. You use the same estimated delivery date for the entire continental US (2-3 days). If the Amazon system is seeing that items going UGA to California are taking 5 days, it will not present that option to you, but it may present the option if you are shipping to Maryand and similar packages are taking 3-4 days to get there.

user profile
Seller_eV3hVffccI0Zt

please i need help in my acount

user profile
Seller_R3SOBuxPq5J18

Starting on Monday the New Ground Advantage Cubic Label format that amazon is using does not have the "LabelCustomization" text that all of our other amazon labels have: "StandardIdForLabel" which is the amazon order id or our custom text: "CustomTextForLabel". We depend on the label to have these printed on the label. Is anyone else having this problem?

Go to original post