user profile
Sign in
user profile

Updates to Selling Policies and Seller Code of Conduct

by News_Amazon

Effective November 26, 2021, the Selling Policies and Seller Code of Conduct will be updated to include language explicitly prohibiting price fixing and search rank manipulation. The Amazon Seller Code of Conduct requires acting fairly, and prohibits any form of conduct that violates price fixing laws, or engages in the manipulation of sales rank. We welcome and encourage coupons, discounts, deals, and other tools to lower prices for customers and drive incremental sales. However, consider it a violation of the Amazon Seller Code of Conduct to attempt influencing the search results by inflating search ranking through keyword manipulation or incentivizing customers’ searches to appear as organic behavior.

We would like to remind sellers that you are responsible for the actions taken by your account, even those handled through third-party service providers. Sellers who may not have understood this policy previously should end these practices immediately, as they are in violation of the Amazon Seller Code of Conduct.

Find out more about this policy on the Selling Policies and Seller Code of Conduct help page.

Tags: News and Announcements
182 replies
182 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_T5Mv3ZCUSh7Zl
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Anyone else getting a blank screen with the links provided?

Excuse me but is that really necessary? After all both of those are sort of Federal crimes, aren’t they?

I wish it read, more like this “Sellers who may not have understood this policy previously will be permanently suspended and reported to Federal Law Enforcement immediately, as they are in violation of the Amazon Seller Code of Conduct.”

user profile
Seller_cu1Lr54OxusWw

Correct URL - https://sellercentral.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/G1801

You’ve left out “/hub/”

user profile
KJ_Amazon

Thanks @The_Sawle_Mill and @Oneida. I’ll get those links fixed.

user profile
Seller_eQSgRG5QFomDH

No price fixing but the Amazon ‘Fair Market Pricing Policy’ is still causing our listings to be inactive. Even with other sellers selling at a higher price. Hm.

user profile
Seller_yOm6PMfX88ppT

Hmmm, I wonder what’s the latest lawsuit that’s prompting all this?

Amazon reminds everyone price fixing is illegal, but it only applies if you’re not Amazon

user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT

Y E S spell it out! Shout it loud(ly)!

If you mean the part about who can/can’t file infringement claims, that language has been there for a while–but I don’t recall an announcement for it like this, so yeah, it might be a surprise, but it shouldn’t be.

user profile
Seller_OjjSLGNHtQXVq

With this policy, you may think that sales from advertisements given to external sources are also manipulated, how should we prevent this?

user profile
Seller_2sSWhvyZsq56v

So (for REAL example) when I’m blocked by Amazon for selling @ $12.91 But other sellers higher are allowed to sell, is this what you envisioned with your “Fair Pricing Policy”?

Our internal team has reviewed your ASIN XXXXXXXX and we’ve found the following:

We see that the listing does not meet our marketplace fair pricing policy. Amazon constantly reviews pricing information for potential pricing errors to ensure customers are consistently presented with fair prices. Amazon regularly monitors the prices of items in our store, including shipping costs, and compares them with other prices such as average price, Featured Offer price, competitive prices, among other criteria.

If a product is not priced fairly or creates a negative customer experience, Amazon reserves the right to not feature that offer or display it in our store.

user profile
Seller_Ns3SrUlp3CKbi

We all know Amazon controls the search. People who want our products can’t even find them with all the junk amazon tries to put ahead of us on the search that has nothing to do with the search.

user profile
Seller_jceOzRHLPQ3DZ

Use our repricer and lower your price until we decide it’s low enough for everyone to sell at at. No pricefixing tho k

Go to original post